Iclear30 heads/coils on the Iclear16?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will Cunningham

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
North Carolina, USA
I read someone saying the Iclear30 coils works great on the Iclear16's. Has anyone tried this and will they fit? And for a mech mod what would be the best ohm coils to get for either tank?

For my Kamry 100 I had a 2.0 coil and I replaced it with a 1.5 one and can't tell the difference.

But someone said the 30 heads work so much better on the 16 and to not get 16 coils. If so does fasttech have authentic/non-authentic 30 heads to get for the 16?

(sorry for the newb questions).

-Will

Bionicunderwear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2014
Springville, Utah, United States
I read someone saying the Iclear30 coils works great on the Iclear16's. Has anyone tried this and will they fit? And for a mech mod what would be the best ohm coils to get for either tank?

For my Kamry 100 I had a 2.0 coil and I replaced it with a 1.5 one and can't tell the difference.

But someone said the 30 heads work so much better on the 16 and to not get 16 coils. If so does FastTech have authentic/non-authentic 30 heads to get for the 16?

-Will
I don't have your answer but would like to find out too

Will Cunningham

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
North Carolina, USA
I don't have your answer but would like to find out too

Yea I think it was on a youtube review someone mentioned it but they said it made an amazing difference and so much more vapor. I have about four i16's so I think I'll get a 30 coil and try it out to see. I just wondered if anyone else here has tried it. And if it did, I don't know if the non-authentic ones from FT would work or not. But really I tend to buy my coils at my local B&M as I need them because often it's only a few dollars to buy a whole new tank like with the i16's for $4 each. Almost not worth the effort for $2 more for a new tank.

Will Cunningham

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
North Carolina, USA
Ok, on FastTech a member gave this response -

"Yes these work perfectly in the iclear16, in fact I'm using one of the 1.8ohms iclear30 heads in my iclear16 now"

I'm still not sure if they work equally or better though in the i16. It's nice to know though, now I'll just get 10 packs since I have so many iclear tanks.

Grr just wish they weren't all plastic :/ I realized there were tank cracker juices after I bought 5 tanks.

But I've used Razzmataz (my first fluid, don't really like it that much anymore) in my Iclear 30 for
months and had no issues. I had the juice sitting in there for about a month when I wasn't using it and it's still working fine. I've never had a tank crack and I've only used plastic ones other than my Trophy Tank and Kanger 2 mini.

Last edited:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

But someone said the 30 heads work so much better on the 16 and to not get 16 coils. If so does FastTech have authentic/non-authentic 30 heads to get for the 16?

-Will

The iclear 16 is a 1.6 ml plastic topcoil tank.
The iclear 30 is a 3.0 ml plastic topcoil tank.

They appear to use the same coils. (Not surprising).

A 2.0 ohm coil made from 32 gauge kanthal will run hotter than a 2.0 ohm coil made from 30 gauge kanthal, at the same voltage.

A 2.0 ohm coil made from 32 gauge kanthal might run the same as a 1.5 ohm coil made from 30 gauge kanthal, at the same voltage.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
The iClear 30 heads work fine in an iClear 16, but not the other way around.
The iClear 16 heads won't work in the iClear 30.
Sorry, I don't recall the specific reason, I've moved on from the iClear's, but I'm sure you can find it in the clearomizer forum.

Thanks

1460805-3.jpg

Authentic Innokin Coil Head for iClear16 Clearomizer $1.61
Depth 7.8 mm
Height 30.8 mm
Width 7.8 mm
Product Weight 2.7 g
FASTTECH SKU 1460805
1460700-3.jpg

Authentic Innokin Coil Head for iClear30 Clearomizer $1.72
Depth 7.8 mm
Height 30.8 mm
Width 7.8 mm
Product Weight 2.7 g
FASTTECH SKU 1460700

the difference must be electrical i guess

Will Cunningham

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
North Carolina, USA
Thanks guys, sorry for posting in the wrong forum. I'll try the I30 coils in the I16 tank soon and I'll post if I notice any improvement.

Edit: lol they do seem to be exactly the same! Maybe the person who said the 30 coils work better in the 16's didn't know what he was talking about. But it's nice to know that I can just get 10 packs of the i30's and use on both tanks.

Last edited:

SchmidtyKy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Anytown, USA
I've started using an I clear with my RY4's because I find that my RY4's taste better on a warmer vape (I use mostly ProTanks).

I just wondered...what kind of life can you expect from an IClear Coil? Do they typically last longer than the ProTank coils?

Came on here to start a new thread about this, but thought this thread would be perfect.

Also, where's the cheapest place online (other than FastTech) to buy them? The cheapest I found is $1.99 at MBV. Discount Vapors doesn't seem to carry them anymore. :(

Additionally, I use IClear16 heads on my I Clear 30 with no problem. I could not tell the difference between the 2 in my IClear 30, and the 16's are cheaper. But I have heard you can't do it the other way around.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread