I will never buy E-Juice without tasting it first, again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMDTrucking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2013
California
This whole OnLine E-juice buying experience of mine was a complete disaster!
I bout 4 bottles of E-juice from VaporGod.com
Luckily for me, I still had some juice that I bought at the local store where I was able to try it before buying it. I thought: “What the heck, I liked my Strawberry and Kiwi/Strawberry 40% VG 18 mg Nic. Then I could buy the same thing online only cheaper and how different could it be?” Man! How wrong I was! I cannot even describe what the yucky, disgusting taste all of my online purchases had. Had threw them all away, that goes for the Strawberry and Kiwi/Strawberry. Also, Earl Grey Tea with Bergamot is my favorite drink, I ordered Earl Grey Tea E-Juice, but what I got was pure Bergamot without the Tea taste. I like my stake with pepper – try pepper without the stake… The only flavor out of the four ordered, that slightly resembles the taste of the fruit it carries the name of was Apricot. But even Apricot E-Juice has very strong soppy taste accompanying the apricot taste. This E-Juice should be called: “Apricot Soap”. To summarize my review: I’ve got two unidentified flavored E-Juices called: “Strawberry” and “Kiwi/Strawberry”, one pure Bergamot flavored E-Juice called: “Earl Grey Tea” and one Apricot Soap. Complete waste of time and money. I’m a long haul truck driver, I also ordered some E-Juice from UECigarettes.com and picked some up in varies small tobacco stores in Texas and Louisiana with the same level of success: Complete Trash! I can’t wait to return home and go back to my favorite Clear Mist store in Norco, CA.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
That soapiness does go away. It's usually caused by too much flavoring in the juice, but as my two ECF colleagues mentioned, putting it aside for a few days will help with that.

I usually get my juice in the mail, shake them vigorously, remove the caps and let them sit for a day or two. Then I put the lids back on, another shake, then they go into a dark drawer for at least a week, sometimes longer.

Some vendors pre-steep their juices while others mix it fresh. A lot of B&Ms have juice that has been sitting around for a few weeks, so it usually needs no further steeping.

Finally, even if you get a juice you cannot stand you can always give it to a friend, add a few drops of menthol, add a little sweetener or mix it with another you don't like - sometimes you'll find that disgusting unvapable juice turns into a gem.

AMDTrucking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2013
California
Steeping, ha… Well that explains why when I gave one 100 ml bottle that I bought in Singapore from UECigarette.com to my brother. He tried it and didn’t like it much like me, but I made him take it home anyway. A week later, he called me and told me that he likes it now… I guess the Steeping process had took place.

happydave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
United States
steeping and letting it air out a for a few days are Essential to the process. some flavors will not benefit at all from getting air for a day or 2 but i find that a lot of them will. some people like to use heat to speed up the steeping process. i only do this when experimenting with new flavors, it works well enough to give me and idea of what the finished product will be like. but its not really a substitute for a week or two in a cool dark place. if your in a pinch you can let the bottle sit in hot, but not boiling water for a few hours then take the cap and dropper off and let it sit until its cooled down to room temp. make sure you keep all e-liquid out of the reach of children.

AMDTrucking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2013
California
Thank you all for your suggestions, I will definitely use them. I have not touched an Analog Tobacco Cigarette for over two month now, I don’t even like the smell of it when somebody else is smocking. And that is after 28 years of smocking 2 pack per day. My sense of smell had awakened. I now smell things that I couldn’t smell before. When my wife was complaining about my socks – she was right. I had my truck detailed because of an old tobacco odor. And who said Vaping is cheaper then smocking? I started with a little Green Smoke E-Cig, then bought eVIC with 5 Pro tanks 2. They flood a lot. I bought several i-Clear 16’s, 30’s and 30S’s top coil, don’t flood. Then I bought few DTS Carto Tanks – flavor is better. Then, for backup purposes, I got Ego C Twist. After that, I wanted to see what is Dripping is like, so I’ve got Nimbus and KTS Telescopic Mechanical MOD to go with it. Then I bought KayFun 3.1 and Provari Mod because it looks cool. Batteries, Chargers (both AC and DC) also bunch of different rebuildable Atty’s, all kinds of Kanthal gage, all kinds of wicks, juices, MOD holders, Holsters and Cases. It is becoming more of a Hobby then just a smocking addiction, or both. Is it ever going to stop? Because now I’m looking at the square one, and the pointed one, and the Pipe looking one, and the fat one, the skinny one, the iPhone one…

Portertown

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Greenville, NC, USA
Thank you all for your suggestions, I will definitely use them. I have not touched an Analog Tobacco Cigarette for over two month now, I don’t even like the smell of it when somebody else is smocking. And that is after 28 years of smocking 2 pack per day. My sense of smell had awakened. I now smell things that I couldn’t smell before. When my wife was complaining about my socks – she was right. I had my truck detailed because of an old tobacco odor. And who said Vaping is cheaper then smocking? I started with a little Green Smoke E-Cig, then bought eVIC with 5 Pro tanks 2. They flood a lot. I bought several i-Clear 16’s, 30’s and 30S’s top coil, don’t flood. Then I bought few DTS Carto Tanks – flavor is better. Then, for backup purposes, I got Ego C Twist. After that, I wanted to see what is Dripping is like, so I’ve got Nimbus and KTS Telescopic Mechanical MOD to go with it. Then I bought KayFun 3.1 and Provari Mod because it looks cool. Batteries, Chargers (both AC and DC) also bunch of different rebuildable Atty’s, all kinds of Kanthal gage, all kinds of wicks, juices, MOD holders, Holsters and Cases. It is becoming more of a Hobby then just a smocking addiction, or both. Is it ever going to stop? Because now I’m looking at the square one, and the pointed one, and the Pipe looking one, and the fat one, the skinny one, the iPhone one…

I think it has become a hobby for me for sure. Seems like I see something everyday I want to try. New equipment is coming out everyday it seems. But it has keep me too off the analogs for 18 months, so no complaints.

postembr2

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2013
Don't throw it away yet!

Some juice improves markedly if left for a week or more (it's known as 'steeping').

Also, especially assuming you're giving up smoking, your tastes will change.

I find a lot of my halos better over 2 weeks. Remember prime 15 was horrible until it steeped. How you people step the juices? Let it open?

Anyway, at least here in Brazil, its difficult to get any quality ecig material. We need to purchase everything, there are not brick stores. I recently ordered some liqua turkish, it tastes like crap horrible.

generic mutant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
UK
Personally, I don't deliberately steep anything.

I try it when it arrives, and if I don't like it, I put it in the drawer as is with all my other bottles, and will come back to it a few weeks later.

Some have seemed much nicer later - less of a 'perfume' hit. I haven't found any juices that are so bad I've wanted to throw them out though, so it may be that I'm "just not fussy" :)

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Steeping yeah, that will fix it. Really? Flavor will develop a little bit over time, but chit still smells like chit no matter how long it sits. I have never noticed bad tasting juice taste better after any amount of time. I feel steeping is a term used by juice vendors that don't use enough flavoring or with poor quality extracts. When I mix a fresh batch of juice I'll let it steep for 2 hours or so before giving it a vape. I have never noticed a dramatic change in taste from 2 hours of steeping compared to a month of steeping. It's either good or it's not, no amount of time will change that. Now the longer you don't smoke ones sense of taste and smell will return and everything taste different. Think that is more pronounced than change of the juices flavor.

The only good thing about a bad juice is the bottle it came in. Wash it out and then when you go DIY juice, you have something to store it in. Steeping is just an internet legend imo.

AMDTrucking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2013
California
Update:
After “Airing” them for 48 hours and “Steeping” for two weeks I ended up giving them to my brother because they just don’t taste pleasant to me. Will see if he could handle them. 200 ml of free E-Juice

For Alex.jpg

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
Also, before condemning online juice buying out of hand, remember that some of us have very little access to B&M stores. My nearest one is 40 miles away and seems to specialize in overly sweet concoctions.

What I've done is to try samples from sites that look like they have flavors that I might like. Some are good, some are dreadful, some do improve with time and some don't. It is a learning process.

I wouldn't be able to do this if I couldn't order online and have things delivered.

j3illy

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2013
MA
I'm gonna be making my 1st online purchase soon, from Mt Baker I think. For those prices I gotta try it, esp w/ all you hear about their juice on here. I am curious tho, cuz I've only been to 1 B&M, and that's the only juice I've ever vaped (5-10mL bottles made to order). It will be interesting to see how it compares, but I just hope it's not BAD cuz I plan on getting a couple 30mL's. We'll see!

AMDTrucking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2013
California
You are right. The taste is subjective. My B&M is also 30 miles away and I’d drive there to get the stuff I want rather than shoot myself in the foot like I previously did. Unfortunately, ClearMist Store in Norco, CA has its own proprietary brand of E-Juice and it is not available on the Internet. When I go there – I know exactly what I want, but they are out of it sometimes. I now try to call them several days in advance to make sure they’ve got my favorites and if they don’t, they could usually get it from the few other of their stores in California. This is not the most convenient way to support my new habit/addiction to vaping, but for now it is the only one for me.

Huckleberried

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Louisville, KY, USA
Hate to hear such an unpleasant experience. Been there, too. I've purchased from them before, while I didn't like everything, I found some that I completely enjoyed and re-ordered. I, too, gave away the ones I didn't care for after steeping. Some improved remarkably.

Why not read some reviews in the review section of the forum? Yeah, you can still get some duds. Supporting your local b&m is always great IMO, but they don't always have the greatest juices. I feel very fortunate to have found a local guy that makes & sells juice to-die-for!

JohnQPublic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
United States
This whole OnLine E-Juice buying experience of mine was a complete disaster!
I bout 4 bottles of E-Juice from VaporGod.com
Luckily for me, I still had some juice that I bought at the local store where I was able to try it before buying it. I thought: “What the heck, I liked my Strawberry and Kiwi/Strawberry 40% VG 18 mg Nic. Then I could buy the same thing online only cheaper and how different could it be?” Man! How wrong I was! I cannot even describe what the yucky, disgusting taste all of my online purchases had. Had threw them all away, that goes for the Strawberry and Kiwi/Strawberry. Also, Earl Grey Tea with Bergamot is my favorite drink, I ordered Earl Grey Tea E-Juice, but what I got was pure Bergamot without the Tea taste. I like my stake with pepper – try pepper without the stake… The only flavor out of the four ordered, that slightly resembles the taste of the fruit it carries the name of was Apricot. But even Apricot E-Juice has very strong soppy taste accompanying the apricot taste. This E-Juice should be called: “Apricot Soap”. To summarize my review: I’ve got two unidentified flavored E-Juices called: “Strawberry” and “Kiwi/Strawberry”, one pure Bergamot flavored E-Juice called: “Earl Grey Tea” and one Apricot Soap. Complete waste of time and money. I’m a long haul truck driver, I also ordered some E-Juice from UECigarettes.com and picked some up in varies small tobacco stores in Texas and Louisiana with the same level of success: Complete Trash! I can’t wait to return home and go back to my favorite Clear Mist store in Norco, CA.

I hear ya, brother. Buying on the internet can be a crapshoot. An expensive crapshoot.
I wanted to start saving money on my juices, so I started experimenting with new vendors. I ordered about ten 30ml bottles from GourmetVapor. A swing and a MISS. Cloying, perfumy, unvapeable garbage. Every one. Throw away bad.
As cheap as their stuff is, that's still a $60.00 order. I can not afford to toss away $60 bucks. To their credit, Gourmet Vapor took back the horrible juice and gave me my money back. Kudos for doing that.

So here I am with my very first order to Mt. Baker waiting for their New Years sale. Eleven 15ml bottles and two 30ml bottles. That'll be around $65. I'm praying most of it is decent so I don't go thru GourmetVapor II.

Wish me luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread