I Think I'm Finally There

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPSTrucker

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
On the road
By "there" I mean over analogs. I've been mostly vaping but have still been smoking some analogs. I've been in a motel in Wisconsin since yesterday afternoon while my truck is in the shop for some electrical issues. Wisconsin law does not allow smoking in any hotel/motel room.

I have been happily sitting in my room vaping and although there is a c-store right across the street haven't even considered buying a pack of analogs. Why would I want to sit outside in the heat to smoke when I can sit in my room, nice and comfy, and vape all I want?

Besides, analogs are close to $8/pack. That's more than a six pack of beer. I'd rather have the beer.

I'm currently enjoying a juice called Bahama Mama (one of my current favorites) in a Protank on my Vamo, with a nice cold beer, in a nicely air conditioned room while my motel neighbors are sitting out in the heat puffing their analogs and sweating. When I walked outside the smell of their cigarettes was just plain nasty. I got back inside quickly to get out of that smell.

It's taken me a few weeks of vaping but I think I am finally over the analog habit, and am glad of it.

Steam Turbine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Montreal Quebec Canada
OK, I did well. Kinda proud of myself. I went across the street to get some more beer. At the check-out I did eye the cigarette display but when the kid asked me if there was anything else I said no. I feel good that I passed on the brief temptation to buy a pack of analogs.

I call that a win.

Yup that's a win... and it should be celebrated: Buy yourself a kickass mod or something else vape related that you want! You deserve it.
:toast:

GPSTrucker

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
On the road
And duct tape. Then ask the kid what's he doing later.
congrats on the not smoking.
Sorry to hear about the truck trouble.

Thanks. The truck has over 900,000 miles on it so a few problems are to be expected. I was informed today that I will be getting a new truck in the next few weeks. Not happy news to me. Changing trucks is a lot like moving into a new house, a lot of hassle.

I'm the number two driver and a lot of guys under me have new trucks because I kept saying no, save me for last. Well, now my time has come. I really hate moving into a new truck.

GPSTrucker

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
On the road
I didn't like getting a new truck either. But worse was getting stuck in rentels while the old one was getting fixed. It's my office. I have everything where I want it.

Yep. For me it's my office and my home. I hate moving. I refuse to play the musical trucks game. If my truck is down I am down, I don't do the temporary truck thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread