I Pro button malfunction...Now dead and smells like burnt wires

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwv651

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
Castle Rock, Colorado
Hi, My wife was using her I Pro when all of a sudden the button stayed pressed in, it got so hot she had to throw to the ground whereas the button finally disingaged. It seems her I Pro button never worked properly since she got it in Nov 2011. It never seem to protrude out as far as my Buzz. Anyways it's completely dead, no light in the wheel, tried many charged batteries, with no luck. I was told it's probably the PCB. I'm just wondering if anyone else had this problem. BTW my wife vapes less than 2 mg per day...She is a very lite vaper. I'm not sure if we will get it fixed or buy another one. My wife is pretty scared to get another I Pro or any PV. She been hitting her Ego and feels like it's safer.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Jw, I'm the one you've been talking to thru the tech support emails :) Most often, a sticking button is caused by juice getting under the cap, or sometimes the button gets stuck under the edge of the hole it fits thru. I'm sorry this happened and scared the bejeebies out of your wife :(

It's a hard decision about whether to fix it or replace it, and that's completely up to you. I wish you had let us know early on when you felt something was not right with the button, since it would have been warranty work for the first 6 months you owned it. I'm guessing none of the suggestions I gave you to try helped.

silkakc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2010
Canandaigua, NY
Jw, I'm the one you've been talking to thru the tech support emails :) Most often, a sticking button is caused by juice getting under the cap, or sometimes the button gets stuck under the edge of the hole it fits thru. I'm sorry this happened and scared the bejeebies out of your wife :(

Bovina,

Is the cap where you screw your atty in? Isn't that sealed on the new Ipro?

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
No Silk, the are not completely sealed. Under the top cap screw is a plastic washer (used as a spacer) and under that is an o ring to help protect from juice getting under the top cap. This is the main reason we suggest a sealed adapter if you tend to get juice in the connector. It's also a good idea to clean the top cap connector area with a paper towel wetted with a little rubbing alcohol every once in a while.

Check the screw every now and then and make sure it's snug but not cranked down too tight :)

jwv651

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
Castle Rock, Colorado
I was happy and now sad again....button broke in half...I don't get it...I have had my pro buzz a lot longer and the button has never been a problem. I use my pro buzz every single day...and the Ipro once in awhile. I'm at a complete lost as to why this keeps happening. The ipro button does seem to stick out further than the pro buzz. Maybe that's the reason or maybe the buttons for the ipro are faulty. I guess I need to send it back again. :( I want to love my ipro as much as my pro buzz but it's not happening anymore.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Wow Jw, I'm sorry...again! We use the same switch and button in both PVs, but maybe it sticks out a little more because there's less room on the inside of the IPro. RMA it again, and mention on the RMA that Debi said it was a no charge fix.

We did have a shipment of switches with bad buttons on them but that was months ago and Mike sent them back to the manufacturer :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread