I miss my cigarette time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyanideKitty

Mar 28, 2012
Milwaukee, WI
I miss my wake up ciggie. I'd go sit outside for 10 minutes and read TMZ while having my ciggie. Nice, peaceful, 'me' time while waking up. Now I lay in bed vaping while reading TMZ before I start my day. It's just not the same. Oh well, I'm sure I'll get used to it. It's only been a little over a week since I started the new routine. Once it gets warm maybe the not cold weather will entice me to have my morning vape outside.

NaturesEncore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Chicago
momsfortress.com
I live about 100yds from the Western shoreline of Lake Michigan. Now that the weather's nice, I've been having my morning coffee and vape on the front porch, while watching the sun rise over the lake. It's such a peaceful time of day.

In the winter, though, I am thoroughly enjoying NOT having to bundle up to go outside.

Marb

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2011
Portland, OR
I miss my cigarette breaks at work where I would go outside for 5 or so minutes...often with another smoker and get away from the restaurant. My boss is good at giving me my "fake smoke" breaks if I want though but I often don't take them.

Of course, the trade off is that I don't have to wait until we slow down or have to go outside in inclement weather and can get my fix anytime I want (as long as it's out of customer site...or unless they ask to see me demo my ego lol).
I'm in the exact same boat - I get my "fake smoke" breaks as frequently as the smokers - and yes, they call it a "fake smoke break" too, lol...
Except for the part about vaping inside... I never really approached my boss about it since it's a small place and it would be difficult to hide it from customer's view, w/o being in the way or in close proximity to food/prep areas. Besides, the "break" part of "smoke break" is the whole point - getting the heck out of there for a few minutes of quiet time!

Like CountSmackula mentioned, I too find myself reading a whole lot less. I used to grab my book on my way out to smoke... now I just vape inside whenever I want and the books sit there mostly forgotten :/

Gingerzeronic

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Colorado
I miss the socializing while having a cig. I could always go outside and have that one thing in common with a fellow smoker. I am glad though I do not rely on it anymore though to get me through the day.

I just socialize anyway. I like going outside now for it's own sake. I never made a big deal about switching (or going to zero nic) so people assume that I'm still smoking....something. This is great since it means they think I "have" to get outside 3 times a day. :D

RichieRich

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2009
Naperville, IL
I just socialize anyway. I like going outside now for it's own sake. I never made a big deal about switching (or going to zero nic) so people assume that I'm still smoking....something. This is great since it means they think I "have" to get outside 3 times a day. :D

LOL. Exactly. Stretch the legs out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread