I just finished my first BF conversion (SnapDragon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimzDogz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
Pensacola, Florida, USA
photo.JPG
photo.JPG photo.JPG
I just turned this standard Snapdragon (Eden mods) into a bottom feeder. It's a very easy conversion if you have a 1mm drill bit and drill press. It has a very unique 510 pin assembly which makes it impossible to mod by cutting a groove in the insulator. If anyone has a Snapdragon they want bottom fed chime in I will be glad to help you get it done. I'm not going into what I did because this atty cost me $130.00 and I would hate to cause someone to mess up an atty that expensive.

JimzDogz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
Pensacola, Florida, USA
sd5.png
I took care to completely disassemble the entire unit before I started. Their is no brass center pin to break, it has a very unique 3 disc design that transfers current to the positive pole and also insulates the power assembly. To get to those disc you need to remove the build deck first. The left hand threads took a minute to figure out. But when it's opened up the 3 disc are laying inside the air chamber. The derlin top disc is hourglass shaped and has a hole through one end that the positive post protrudes through slightly. The other end has a recess part way through for the negitive post. The middle disc is SS with a threaded nipple that the positive contact screw is inserted. The middle disc, bottom disc and contact screw is removed by pushing them out from the bottom together. An o-ring around the head of the pos screw keeps it from leaking. The bottom derlin disc also has a nipple that the ss disc' nipple fits into and in turn the contact screw goes through. I had never seen a set up like this one, it's an ingenius way to approach to the off set pos post design. I had to drill 3 holes to Bf this atty. The first hole I drilled in the ss disc using the nipple as a guide (the disc is only about 1mm thick), Then I put the contact screw into the nipple on the ss disc and screwed it all the way in. Then I flipped it over and used the hole that I had drilled as a guide to drill the pos contact screw. I set those parts aside and started on the top derlin disc and the builds deck. The hourglass shaped disc already has a 1.2mm hole in it's center that I used as a guide to locate the hole through the deck. The deck was the most difficult to drill, I broke a bit on my attempt to free hand with a cordless drill. So I chucked it in my mini milling machine and used the drill press the finish the job. After cleaning and reassembling their have been no leaks or any other issues with this unit.

Reactions: Huntsmanlance
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread