Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I don’t see it as the R4’s are involving. In fact, as I understand it, the R4’s are supposed to be the Final release.

What I see is a manufacturing company that made Many changes to initial product without clearly marking either the product or the packaging to the current revision level. Couple that with retailers being shipped unknown revisions and what you have is one big mess.

Traver

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
WV
I don’t see it as the R4’s are involving. In fact, as I understand it, the R4’s are supposed to be the Final release.

What I see is a manufacturing company that made Many changes to initial product without clearly marking either the product or the packaging to the current revision level. Couple that with retailers being shipped unknown revisions and what you have is one big mess.

To make it even more interesting some dealers have the factories make revisions just for them and they don't always tell you about it.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
To make it even more interesting some dealers have the factories make revisions just for them and they don't always tell you about it.

I don't know anything about what you are refering to. Perhaps you can elaborate on this. I do know this. All E2 cartomizers are supposed to come from MiT.

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL

I picked up 20 of these, apparently the most recent revision. Sadly... they wick badly. You can listen to the carto when the PV is activated and hear the sizzle go from loud to nothing in under a second.

I had high hopes for these. From my standpoint they didn't pan out.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I picked up 20 of these, apparently the most recent revision. Sadly... they wick badly. You can listen to the carto when the PV is activated and hear the sizzle go from loud to nothing in under a second.

I had high hopes for these. From my standpoint they didn't pan out.

The simplest solution is to try hitting the your PV with the battery pointed up at about 45 degrees. A little more work but not hard is to do the PTB mod to them. It does work. You might also enlarge the slots a tad in the cup seal that match up with the wick.

To be honest with you, I still use the E2 now and again but have moved to using an eGo MEGA atty/cart. The thrill of fooling with E2 cartos constantly and their incredible inconsistency wore off very soon. It is nice to just pick up a PV and get the exact same hit you did the last time.

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
The simplest solution is to try hitting the your PV with the battery pointed up at about 45 degrees. A little more work but not hard is to do the PTB mod to them. It does work. You might also enlarge the slots a tad in the cup seal that match up with the wick.

To be honest with you, I still use the E2 now and again but have moved to using an eGo MEGA atty/cart. The thrill of fooling with E2 cartos constantly and their incredible inconsistency wore off very soon. It is nice to just pick up a PV and get the exact same hit you did the last time.

Yea... that's the thing.

I'm at the point where I want to vape. Not mod. I've settled in to the eGo Mega cone atties with cartridges or drip tips.

But I'm very interested in the new eGo tank system.

Traver

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
WV
Yea... that's the thing.

I'm at the point where I want to vape. Not mod. I've settled in to the eGo Mega cone atties with cartridges or drip tips.

But I'm very interested in the new eGo tank system.

The main reason I am interested in the CE2 is that they don't have a filler to burn. Last week I received 5 CE2r4 with an 808 thread, 5 with a 510 thread. the 510 seem to wick better than the 808. Just saying that when you order these things you just don't know what you are getting. I use them but if I am going out of the house for a day or so I use something else. I don't recommend them to anyone else either. They aren't ready for prime time.

vapspaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
SC
Just saying that when you order these things you just don't know what you are getting.

Ain't THAT the truth.
Mama always told me that CE2's are like a box of chocolate. ..... :)

I agree that the new Ego-T is looking pretty damn good. I hope it passes the test of time and the price comes down. I asked Santa for a new Provari but she looked at me funny and laughed in a sinister kinda way. :unsure:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... i just want a simple cartrige that just wicks normaly without filler

I'm not sure one exists yet. Maybe the new tank systems on the horizon will be the answer. But like the E2, I predict that the will have to go thru a developmental stage to get the bugs out.

Have you tried a MEGA atty/cart?

Sibirniki

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2010
Delaware
Have you tried a MEGA atty/cart?[/QUOTE]

No not yet since i dont like the cartos bc of i need metal needle to refill mega cartos and i wanted to try mega attys but idk which vendor carries good ones i had the worst luck with regular attys from many vendors. The new tank system should be better than other things but not perfect. Apparently it wont accept certain juices and E2 R4 seemed to be really close to what i wanted and it was not because of the suppliers mistakes you never know what you get.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
No not yet since i dont like the cartos bc of i need metal needle to refill mega cartos and i wanted to try mega attys but idk which vendor carries good ones i had the worst luck with regular attys from many vendors. The new tank system should be better than other things but not perfect. Apparently it wont accept certain juices and E2 R4 seemed to be really close to what i wanted and it was not because of the suppliers mistakes you never know what you get.

I have used both of these and they work great. Both of these companies are also good to deal with.

Joye ego mega Atomizer

Electronic Cigarette - Atomizers & Cones - Joye eGo - XL

To be honest with you. I wouldn't get to hung up on whether you have a R3 or R4 carto. They really work about the same. It is more important to pick the right ohm for your PV.

A problem that many retailers have is they do not tell you what ohms the E2 is. Many just don't know. So if you get a Low Resistance E2 it isn't going to wick well and your juice is going to taste burnt.

The Tank Systems may be the next "Latest Greatest" inovation for vaping. But we have heard that song and dance before with many products that didn't work. Just have to wait and see what others have to say when they hit the market in mass production.

Sibirniki

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2010
Delaware
I have used both of these and they work great. Both of these companies are also good to deal with.

Joye ego mega Atomizer

Electronic Cigarette - Atomizers & Cones - Joye eGo - XL

To be honest with you. I wouldn't get to hung up on whether you have a R3 or R4 carto. They really work about the same. It is more important to pick the right ohm for your PV.

A problem that many retailers have is they do not tell you what ohms the E2 is. Many just don't know. So if you get a Low Resistance E2 it isn't going to wick well and your juice is going to taste burnt.

The Tank Systems may be the next "Latest Greatest" inovation for vaping. But we have heard that song and dance before with many products that didn't work. Just have to wait and see what others have to say when they hit the market in mass production.

Thanks for website as you send me a message one of my batts went to hell and wont charge and now i got only one left so i ordered a new riva kit instead of mega attys and carts bc price was about the same. LOL im broke.

Thank you for help i also was reading thread about C2 cartos and its a mess.

Cody Badger

Mar 4, 2010
Plover, WI
I have just started using the E2's r4's (510 - 2.4-2.6 ohm) and was really disappointed in them until I started cutting the "slits" bigger in the underside of the fill stopper. You have to be sure you re-seat it correctly, but once you get it they wick amazingly well. It went from 1-2 good hits than burnt taste to just constant good hits.
-I don't want to take credit for this idea, I saw it somewhere (multiple times) in the 460+ page BadKolo thread.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I have just started using the E2's r4's (510 - 2.4-2.6 ohm) and was really disappointed in them until I started cutting the "slits" bigger in the underside of the fill stopper. You have to be sure you re-seat it correctly, but once you get it they wick amazingly well. It went from 1-2 good hits than burnt taste to just constant good hits.
-I don't want to take credit for this idea, I saw it somewhere (multiple times) in the 460+ page BadKolo thread.

Making the slots bigger does help doesn't it. Tilting the battery end up helps also.

A shame that Bad's thread turned into page after page of chat. There is some great info in that thread.

Cody Badger

Mar 4, 2010
Plover, WI
Making the slots bigger does help doesn't it. Tilting the battery end up helps also.

A shame that Bad's thread turned into page after page of chat. There is some great info in that thread.

Yeah, took quite a bit of my free time to read it all the past few days... But it was a nice break in between cramming for finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread