Status
Not open for further replies.

vapspaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
SC
madvapes is a very reputable vendor and doesn't sell stuff under false pretenses. If you feel those aren't R2v4 like they advertised you need to get ahold of them so they can make it right. If it isn't the right ones they would want to know. I'm sure they don't open each box and look so maybe it's something you need to tell them.

This was the first time I purchased from them and I've always heard great things about them. Being that these carto's were the first C-E2's I have ever had I just assumed they were the R4's because thats what I ordered. I'll contact them to see what they say, but in all honesty I've had these carto's for a month and have used about 4 of the 10 I purchased so far. I'm still shocked that these aren't R4's! I thought I had read someplace in that 6,000 page thread about the C-E2 cartos that the single plug design was one of the improvements made from the R3's to the R4's. Hmmmmm... Feeling a tad stupid right now. LOL

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
One thing to consider is that retailers are not allways to blame when funky things happen with these E2 Cartomizers. I know of three retailers who have received R3's from the manufacture mixed in with R4's. Since the carto's are sealed, it is impossible for a seller to know for sure that he or she has R4's or not.

... I thought I had read someplace in that 6,000 page thread about the C-E2 cartos that the single plug design was one of the improvements made from the R3's to the R4's. Hmmmmm... Feeling a tad stupid right now. LOL

The "Big E2 Thread" is kinda crazy to try to read from start to finish. I know because I started it.

vapspaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
SC
Yup. I agree with ya on on the retailer not being to blame. I mean hell... They couldn't see inside these things and here I am ripping them apart for a month now and didn't know. lol I tried to call them but that doesn't work to well with them so I started a ticket to ask them about it. To me it's not that big of a deal, I'll just use them and chalk it up to experience and move on.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The one big tip that you have a R4 is that the seal that goes over the ceramic cup will have two square notches in it for the wick.

I like to enlager these notches slightly but that is completely up to the user. Also, doing the PTB mod is something that helps. But believe it or not, the thing that gives me the best hit of these E2 cartos is the simplest. I take my hit with the battery pointed slightly up above horizontal.

vapspaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
SC
Ok... I am VERY relieved to announce that I am NOT crazy. Well... At least about the R34 vs R4. LOL

I just received conformation from the folks at Madvapes and they said...

"The R4's have 1 inner ring and the mouthpiece. the older r3's had two rings and a used glue. The r4's do not use glue.."

So.... I just wanted you to know so that people don't get misinformation about this again. Man... and I thought I was loosing it or sumthin. :facepalm: lol

Vape on. :vapor:

Sibirniki

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2010
Delaware
so i resived madvapes reply and here what they said
I love ecf and the wealth of info out there but sometimes it's just not accurate.. We waited over a month for our shipment of r4's as they were gearing up.. There's some speculation about versions and sleeves and cups but bottom line from my discussion with central trade:

Mark Hoogendoorn:
What is the difference between r3 and r4 cartomizer?

Lisa:
in r3 it has glue,you can smell it
r4 doesn't have glue

Mark Hoogendoorn:
so is that the only difference between r3 and r4? What about the soft tip thickness?

Lisa:
no difference
only this
r4 don't leak
I only can tell you this one different
we all sell r4,
r4 and r3 almost the same
only the glue

Hope that helps,

Mark

I am not sure what that means but it looks like they are R4 version. Also they said that they will get XL clear ones in a couple of weeks.

Sibirniki

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2010
Delaware
Ok... I am VERY relieved to announce that I am NOT crazy. Well... At least about the R34 vs R4. LOL

I just received conformation from the folks at Madvapes and they said...

"The R4's have 1 inner ring and the mouthpiece. the older r3's had two rings and a used glue. The r4's do not use glue.."

So.... I just wanted you to know so that people don't get misinformation about this again. Man... and I thought I was loosing it or sumthin. :facepalm: lol

Vape on. :vapor:

Lol well judging by ur avatar you r preaty crazy

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
The amount of rings doesn't indicate r3 or r4. It seems that some batches had the filler ring and a thicker mouthpiece, alleviating the need for the second ring (I never had any of these 'two ringers'). r3 is where they moved to the silicone filler ring (r2 had a hard plastic one). Then to add to the confusion there were 'bastomizers' or r3.75..lol Some had glue inside the base and filler squares (the ones they give w/ some r4's) inside.

r4 sealed the cup/stem w/ a black plastic sleeve. Some stopped at the cup and were not true r4's. We've traced the evolution of these on the big thread. That's what makes it so difficult for people to know what they have.

If you have the black mouthpiece they're adding in each box you have the latest r4's. That's not to say you don't have r4's w/o it but the latest have those.

Sibirniki

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2010
Delaware
The amount of rings doesn't indicate r3 or r4. It seems that some batches had the filler ring and a thicker mouthpiece, alleviating the need for the second ring (I never had any of these 'two ringers'). r3 is where they moved to the silicone filler ring (r2 had a hard plastic one). Then to add to the confusion there were 'bastomizers' or r3.75..lol Some had glue inside the base and filler squares (the ones they give w/ some r4's) inside.

r4 sealed the cup/stem w/ a black plastic sleeve. Some stopped at the cup and were not true r4's. We've traced the evolution of these on the big thread. That's what makes it so difficult for people to know what they have.

If you have the black mouthpiece they're adding in each box you have the latest r4's. That's not to say you don't have r4's w/o it but the latest have those.

Well Just want to asked where i can get some of those?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
You could ask the vendor whether they have the little black mouthpiece and they should know. I made a US supplier list here.

Great List Turbo.

I've been away from the E2 sceen for a bit. Kinda lost interest when Bad's E2 thread turned into page after page of chat. Good to see that you put together a US vendor list.

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
Great List Turbo.

I've been away from the E2 sceen for a bit. Kinda lost interest when Bad's E2 thread turned into page after page of chat. Good to see that you put together a US vendor list.

Thanks 'zoi'. I had been meaning to do that for a while. Yeah, big threads turn into a chat fest.

vapspaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
SC

Well holy crimest!!! No wonder I can't keep up with this crap! :facepalm: LOL I think I have given up on giving up. Not that it matters. lol

So what you're sayin is if my E2's came in cute little sealed packs (like some meds come in) and there were 5 nice little rectangular strips tossed in the box and the carto's have black shrink wrap up to the where the wick enters the ceramic cup and there is only 1 inner silicone filler ring and a white mouthpiece that measures 0.3085" tall then these carto's would be considered an R3.875??? And if I do the syringe mod to them they become a R3.90210 :?: :laugh:

Thanks for the info Turbo. (I think) lol

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Sounds like the R4s are evolving too fast to keep up with unless you watch the videos. I've had a pack of R4s for 6 weeks or so and only used two. Mine have a round white insert with a draw hole at the tip and 2 rings inside. One ring is the thick one that seals the top of the cup and the other is thinner and goes between the mouthpiece and the cup ring for juice leak prevention.

I'd like to see these work well. Right now, my Monster Atty from Awesome Vapor (Joye Cylinder Type B) is my go to vape. I use the cartos occasionally because I like the Monster better, although the R4 isn't bad at all. I look for a final revision that fixes all problems soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread