I had the worst e-cig related day EVER how to fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA
Don't misunderstand the title I love vaping I love e-cigs just to start things off here.

Today though has been horrible. I am still new to everything 25 days? into it and today for some reason I filled a freshly washed carto with some new juice and let the juice sit in the carto for 20 mins because I heard it takes longer for the juice to reach the atomizer after you washed them. Anyways now to my HUGE PROBLEM!!! I started to puff on it got some smoke but then it hit me... The most horrific, horrible, scary, NASTY taste I ever had in my mouth. This burned plastic taste I think the juice still did not reach the atty and the stuff inside of the carto burned or something but wow this must and certainly is the most disgusting taste I ever experienced. Now to the continuing problem this happened at around 3pm ET now it is 9pm Et AND I STILL HAVE THE PLASTIC SMELL AND TASTE IN MY MOUTH!!!!

I tried to get rid of it with everything...

Milk, Water, Coke, Coffee (made it worse lol), Dinner, Orange juice (drink not e-juice :blink:), I mean really everything. Now if I use my new carto with my fav juice I still have this plastic taste.

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA
Lol at adult beverage. Good idea though I tried to not drink
due to the fact that if I drink I want to smoke cigs. I give it a -shot-. I just remember what it taste like. It is exactly that taste that you got when you were drunk in the bar and smoke your analog cigarette too far till it reaches the filter. Disgusting!!!

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
I don't know if this is the type of advice you are asking for.... here goes.

Cartos are disposable and can be reused. That said, there's an even "easier" way to reuse the heating element... use one that is designed for it. Atomizers. Not cartos. Now you know why I use atties and why I drip.

Before everyone gets on the "cartos are soooo cool" bandwagon, I think it is worth mentioning that dripping is easy, doesn't have any burnt filler, and the taste is cleaner. Some people seem to think it is a hassle. I don't. Only you can decide for yourself. Yes, you have to drip 3 drops in every 10 or so puffs. Yes, you probably don't want to drip and drive (they have juice feeders for that).

Also, some cartos are wick-only types like the CE-X rev Y brand Z. But they often have leaking issues, or need to be modded to work properly. Bah.

As far as the taste removal goes..... the obvious stuff is all I would suggest. You already know those solutions. Toothbrush, mouthwash, .... Best way is to avoid it.

Obviously, I'm not a carto fan. Just my....

2 cents.

Last edited:

Valsacar

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Seoul
Not a carto fan myself, while they tend to be ok the first (maybe even second) fill... after that the filler starts to burn, just nasty. I didn't like the CE2, strange plasticy taste (pretty sure it was the seal over the ceramic cup being too close), but MAP tanks have worked great for me. Clean taste, long lasting, cheap (though not terribly easy) to replace when it's time (took a month before I decided to change one, but it could have gone longer).

Boodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Las Vegas, NV, USA
altcig.com
Try eating several crackers. Chew them up and rub them all around your mouth with your tounge, lol. That nasty taste is all up in your mouth. This happened to me when I first started vaping and I've been dripping exclusively every since. Never want that taste again - ever! I feel ya. Good luck.

hiram13pm

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Merced, CA
Forget washing carto's, they are a disposable and as cheap as they are just run them till they get to cruddy or die and toss them.!

Ditto. I get around 5-7 days with a good carto, depending on the juice. Haven't yet been able to "clean" a soft-tip in any effective way. CE2's clean nicely, but the ones I've tried don't hit hard enough for me & the clearos crack easily. Either way, with a pack of carto's going for 9 bucks, it's kind of hard to justify getting squeamish about tossing them. I gladly paid $5.50 a pack (1.5pad) for years... now I'm spending TOPS $0.45 a day for cartos. Thrifty is one thing. Jack Benny is another.

Bozzlite

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2010
Central Texas
Don't misunderstand the title I love vaping I love e-cigs just to start things off here.

Today though has been horrible. I am still new to everything 25 days? into it and today for some reason I filled a freshly washed carto with some new juice and let the juice sit in the carto for 20 mins because I heard it takes longer for the juice to reach the atomizer after you washed them. Anyways now to my HUGE PROBLEM!!! I started to puff on it got some smoke but then it hit me... The most horrific, horrible, scary, NASTY taste I ever had in my mouth. This burned plastic taste I think the juice still did not reach the atty and the stuff inside of the carto burned or something but wow this must and certainly is the most disgusting taste I ever experienced. Now to the continuing problem this happened at around 3pm ET now it is 9pm Et AND I STILL HAVE THE PLASTIC SMELL AND TASTE IN MY MOUTH!!!!

I tried to get rid of it with everything...

Milk, Water, Coke, Coffee (made it worse lol), Dinner, Orange juice (drink not e-juice :blink:), I mean really everything. Now if I use my new carto with my fav juice I still have this plastic taste.

You have the right idea as to what caused the bad taste. Underfilling a new or cleaned carto will do it every time. Learned this the hard way myself. To me, it's more of an electrical fire taste.

Now, I fill the carto until it drips out the bottom. Let it stand on a paper towel for a few minutes, then lightly blow out the excess from the tip end. That usually works.. just take small "primer" puffs without inhaling until it gets going good.

Once that taste has gotten into the carto, there is no getting rid of it, just might as well toss it.

I think it also gets ingrained into one's memory too somehow, lol. No suggestions for getting the taste out of the mouth except brush your teeth and the top of your tongue.

upStomp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2010
North Central Mass
Snort a little listerine (or whatever mouthwash you like) up your nose until it runs in the back of your throat. Don't choke on it.
Seriously.
The taste is in your nose, too.
It will burn. It will be worth it.
Throw the carto away. Get another one.

My eyes started tearing up just by reading that. Ditto on tossing the carto though.

I'll only start cleaning cartos if there's a Vapocalypse.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Snort a little listerine (or whatever mouthwash you like) up your nose until it runs in the back of your throat. Don't choke on it.
Seriously.
The taste is in your nose, too.
It will burn. It will be worth it.
Throw the carto away. Get another one.

Saline solution from the pharmacy (any pharmacy) will do the trick also. I learned the hardway much like yourself.

I clean cartos. A lot.
Just that one is not salvageable. Once they're burnt, toss 'em.

I clean mine too. I can't see just tossing them if you can get the crude out and have it back to almost new again. Disposable or not...I'm a cheap azz who reuses stuff until it completely quits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread