Status
Not open for further replies.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
LGD, I'm not going to go off topic, except.....Don, you changed your avatar, you have had the other one for at least as long as I have been here !!!!!!!!!!

Back on topic, I already gave my 2 cents worth to the OP. The ECF is a great forum, with great members, and Lu.

Fixed that for you Jerry :D

Lu

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Good grief Donna & SoftWareRevue. You are going to deny yourself participation in this forum over 5 measly post! Something that shouldn't take over a few minutes to get!

Your loss not ours, but I hope you change your mind. I may not agree with every rule but I DO UNDERSTAND WHY THEY HAVE THE RULES.
Those rules is why this is such a great forum.

And, as stated, the NM forum is one of the most popular forums.

JerryRM

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Rhode Island
I don't understand it, why do people bother to join the ECF if all they are going to do is complain about not liking the rules and then sometimes get themselves banned. I have seen this happen before.

Did they go through the trouble of joining just to complain?

Did they think that they were going to dictate to management what the rules are going to be?

We are members and we obey the rules. That's the way it is, get used to it, or don't bother joining. The rules that are in place, have made this a great forum. :2c:

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
I don't understand it, why do people bother to join the ECF if all they are going to do is complain about not liking the rules and then sometimes get themselves banned. I have seen this happen before.

Did they think that they were going to dictate to management what the rules are going to be?

We are members and we obey the rules. That's the way it is, get used to it, or don't bother joining. The rules that are in place, have made this a great forum. :2c:

I totally agree.

Jerry, I miss your old avatar. Don's too. But hey, I'm of the older generation and hate change!!!
And speaking of change. And as mentioned before, it use to be 15 post and now it's only five. Such a breeze to get.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
LGD, watch that "great guy" stuff. Don't forget that I am an Official Instigator, (Domino38 is one now also), I have a reputation to uphold !!!!!!!!!!!!! :facepalm::D

jj, I'm trying to hide from the mods. I have to change my look frequently to avoid detection. :2cool:

OHHHHHH you are THAT Jerry.... hmmmm

LU- we need to talk

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA

My guess is that Donna was a troll from another forum, just lying in wait for the opportunity to bash ECF. I mean, really, why would somebody join in May, have questions, but never post until THIS thread? In a month's time, she could have made her 5 posts and been posting anywhere in the forum by now...instead of coming in here and complaining that she can't post elsewhere! Yes, it's laughable. I still call TROLL.

Sorry about that omission, Lu:wub:. I could never forget you. It's just that I haven't seen you on the Snail Thread in so long, that I thought maybe you got yourself banned !!! :laugh::D

Jerry, if you ever see me Moved On, please call the CIA or FBI to investigate because most likely, there's a body somewhere :lol:

Lu

Jonmo1

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
Bryan, TX

isn't that pretty much the definition of a Troll ??

making useless posts just to get a reaction.

Well, they've succeeded, we're on page 7 now (oops, I just made it 8) of reactions to useless information. Myself included...LOL.

JerryRM

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Rhode Island
My guess is that Donna was a troll from another forum, just lying in wait for the opportunity to bash ECF. I mean, really, why would somebody join in May, have questions, but never post until THIS thread? In a month's time, she could have made her 5 posts and been posting anywhere in the forum by now...instead of coming in here and complaining that she can't post elsewhere! Yes, it's laughable. I still call TROLL.

Jerry, if you ever see me Moved On, please call the CIA or FBI to investigate because most likely, there's a body somewhere :lol:

Lu

I figured that TROLL was probably the case with her too, Lu.

I will keep a close eye on you Lu, so that doesn't happen. Elendil has been trying to put you in a home for a long time, beware of him !!! :D

UntamedRose

PV Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Homeish now
Well I have to admit, when I first joined I found the whole limitations on my account thing irritating. Was so excited about it all I wanted to jump in and participate right away. The not posting links thing :p
<---obviously I got over it...and past the first 15.

However I can understand, Why it's done. And...it works exceptionally well. For some reason 99% of spammer arn't smart enough to keep their mouths shut for 15 posts... o0 and it works wonders keeping the rest of the forum clean and as non-bias as possible. This is the only "consumer" based forum I know of that I can say that about.
I know I'm not talking to a supplier or a person paid to say it's a "Wonderful product!" here, but real users of that product.
It really benefits everyone here...including newbies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread