I Finally Fixed my Lorann Cherry Mix !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I had all but given up on making a Strong Cheery mix using Lorann flavor. I had 15ml of my best attempt, which was so-so at best. I was about to chuck down the drain when I had a thought.

Why not try to add something besides Cherry and Cotton Candy to it. What did I have to loose?

So I added 3% Perfumer’s Apprentices BlueBerry to it and let it sit over night. The next day I tried it and it was good. Better than good, Very Good. Not quite retail quality but Very vape-able all the same.

I tried adding 3% BlueBerry to my Lorann’s Fruit Puch mix and got the same results. Much better taste.

I think what is going on is that the P.A. Blueberry has a sweet, perfume taste that masks the harsh chemical taste I get when using high percentages of Lorann Cherry and Fruit Punch.

Trying some BlueBerry in a Lorann Pineapple mix right now. Will give an update if anyone is interested.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
When did you become a moderator. :rolleyes:

Don’t need to be a Moderator to state my opinion.

Not sure how you feel your posts in this thread are a help or make the ECF a better place. Perhaps you just want to boost your post count? Maybe you just don’t like me because if have not agreed with you in previous threads?

I don’t Know and to be honest with you, I Don’t Care.

Because I just found something Extremely Cool about this forum. You can Block members by putting them in an “Ignore List”.

:D

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The attempt to fix the Pineapple by adding BlueBerry didn't go quite as well.

It did diminish the bitterness and made it Much more vape-able. But I lost much of the Pineapple taste.

I was hoping that It would be Pineapple with a hint of Blueberry. Where now it is Blueberry with a hint of Pineapple. Not a bad taste but diffinately not where I wanted to go.

For me, I'm done using Lorann Fruit Flavors. Period.

I bought a bottle of PA Watermelon and my first mix made my Lorann Watermelon, after 3 or 4 fine tunes, taste like pond water.

tazzmann

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hey zoi, i have the LorAnn's pineapple as well and have all but given up on it. I am thinking of ordering some of the sucralose sweetener stuff from TV and see if that helps tone it down without losing the pineapple flavor. Since I consider pineapple to be the fruit of the gods, I would love to make this work. Let me know if you try anything else. As soon as i try the sucralose stuff, I will let you know how it went. Has anyone tried dissolving Splenda in their e-liquid?

tazz

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hey zoi, i have the LorAnn's pineapple as well and have all but given up on it. ...

I've think we all have seen this movie so this shouldn't spoil the ending.

Adding sweetener to the LorAnn pineapple makes it "Rollercoaster".

3 Drops of EM and it is sweet but not much Pineapple taste.
2 Drops of Pinapple brings back the taste but it is bitter.
1 Drop EM, see step #1
1 Drop Pineaplle, see step #2
Repeat

I gave my Lorann pineaplle flavoring the "Deep 6" last night. LorAnn flavors were not designed to be vaped. Some work and some don't. To me, LorAnn pineapple doesn't.

I tried PA's Pineapple and am somewhat happy with it. I need to fine tune it but it has much more flavor and isn't taking on a bitter, chemical taste.

I'm going to buy some FlavorArt try it next.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Having dealt extensively with Flavour Art flavours, should you get a chemical taste from them, you might want to re-visit your mixing technique. Is that constructive enough.

I will conceded that taste is very subjective, but if you are getting a chemical taste then either the flavour is bad, or the mixer is not doing something right. Just sayin...

Many use LorAnns with great success.... I have no problems with them but I am partial to Fa. I'm not too fussy with PA's flavouring though.

pipskicks

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2010
So Cal
Having dealt extensively with Flavour Art flavours, should you get a chemical taste from them, you might want to re-visit your mixing technique. Is that constructive enough.

I will conceded that taste is very subjective, but if you are getting a chemical taste then either the flavour is bad, or the mixer is not doing something right. Just sayin...

Many use LorAnns with great success.... I have no problems with them but I am partial to Fa. I'm not too fussy with PA's flavouring though.

I agree. But op was using lorann and those can taste pretty horrible, the "chemical" taste could be chemicals, I tend to think its usually just a term used for a bad taste, like saying your atty tastes burnt.

Thing is I also tried lorann and I tried FA I think you're right that FA for me tasting bad usually was a bad mixture (or poorly mixed etc) but I have played with some lorann flavors I can't stand. Pomegranate tasted perfumy and bitter, EM sort of "muffled" the flavor instead.

My point is just that you may be correct for some brands even, but loranns is just unfixable sometimes! (or not, I'm curious to hear if you get a good mixture eventually, since EM is so strong I was thinking it might taste better if I used a larger amount.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I agree. But op was using lorann and those can taste pretty horrible, ...

I hear you pipskicks.

... My point is just that you may be correct for some brands even, but loranns is just unfixable sometimes! (or not, I'm curious to hear if you get a good mixture eventually, since EM is so strong I was thinking it might taste better if I used a larger amount.

I think this is about where I am at. I've had plenty of success with PA's fruit flavors so it may just be time to forget about LorAnn's.

I've got the Cherry at least vape-able so I don't have to toss it out.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I agree. But op was using lorann and those can taste pretty horrible, the "chemical" taste could be chemicals, I tend to think its usually just a term used for a bad taste, like saying your atty tastes burnt.

Thing is I also tried lorann and I tried FA I think you're right that FA for me tasting bad usually was a bad mixture (or poorly mixed etc) but I have played with some lorann flavors I can't stand. Pomegranate tasted perfumy and bitter, EM sort of "muffled" the flavor instead.

My point is just that you may be correct for some brands even, but loranns is just unfixable sometimes! (or not, I'm curious to hear if you get a good mixture eventually, since EM is so strong I was thinking it might taste better if I used a larger amount.
Absolutely...
PA will allow you a slight overboard mistake, amnd will not turn the juicve around. This is not going to happen with FA, as both Fa and LorAnns are extremely conecentrated. Now if I was to chose, between Fa and LorAnns, well one has developped arounf vaping, whilst the other around food preperation. PA is comiong along, but are still in the starting blocks as far as I am concerned.

WRT the OP, well let's just say that his elarning curve will be steep. Chemical taste, regardless of which flavour you use is an indication of too much flavouring. But hey, who am I to say. The OP is probably right and it is just the flavouring he is using! :D

pipskicks

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2010
So Cal
I agree. But op was using lorann and those can taste pretty horrible, the "chemical" taste could be chemicals, I tend to think its usually just a term
Absolutely...
PA will allow you a slight overboard mistake, amnd will not turn the juicve around. This is not going to happen with FA, as both Fa and LorAnns are extremely conecentrated. Now if I was to chose, between Fa and LorAnns, well one has developped arounf vaping, whilst the other around food preperation. PA is comiong along, but are still in the starting blocks as far as I am concerned.

WRT the OP, well let's just say that his elarning curve will be steep. Chemical taste, regardless of which flavour you use is an indication of too much flavouring. But hey, who am I to say. The OP is probably right and it is just the flavouring he is using! :D

I thought loranns was significantly weaker than both FA and PA?

tazzmann

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
Well, I did some experimenting tonight with the batch of Pineapple that I made up from LorAnn's. I had a 6ml bottle of the pineapple made up, but it was too checmically, so it sat. I poured it into a 10ml bottle and I actually added some Ms. T's New Marshmallow and some Bavarian cream. Now, I didn't count drops or what-not as this was just an experiment to get a good flavor, but the New Marshmallow and Bavarian Cream really toned it down and made it taste like one of those pineapple hard candies. Not Jolly Rancher, but I think it is Brach's. So, I can now vape this flavor without any wierd or harsh chemical taste. It is not a perfect pineapple flavor yet, but maybe playing around with some mixes, I can get it nailed down to perfect. Maybe at this point a small drop of sweetener would help it out. I am not sure yet, but will report back if I make any more progress.

tazzmann

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
Yes I changed my avatar once I got my new Saber Touch. The LorAnn's pineapple flavoring that I got is seriously strong. For 3 ml, I am actually down to 1 to 2 drops of Pineapple, 10 drops of New Marshmallow and 10 drops of Bavarian cream for a nice mellow pineapple. It still doesn't taste like REAL pineapple, but it is getting closer. I don't think with this particular flavor you are going to get that real pineapple taste, but more like the pineapple hard candy taste that I mentioned above. Either way, it has made it vapable without any harsh chemical or after taste. Ms. T's New Marshmallow has kind of a smokey flavor which adds some richness to the pineapple. All-in-all a productive day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread