Favorite tobacco base for adding fruit flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmbryan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
alabama
Hey all. I'm just looking for opinions on a good tobacco base to add fruit flavors to. Stuff like cherry, peach, blueberry, etc. so far I have mixed cherry with DK2 and it works well I think. Kind of a green apple and cheery mix. I have FA tobacco and tobacco blend, and they have to much of a perfume taste to me. I'm looking for a neutral tobacco backbone, if that makes sense. Any ideas? Thanks.

metamorpheus

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2013
AZ
I'm trying to figure out the same thing, but I've been working and using my spare time to concentrate on rebuilding atomizers so the flavor quest has taken a back seat. It isn't FA, but I think something can be done with the TFA honey cured tobacco. Maybe a slight hint of dragon fruit or watermelon or maybe orange cream. I tried double apple and desert ship and totally failed because I made the percentages of both too high and it's overwhelming with too much sourness from the apple/ I used 10% of desert ship because I neglected to really read what people were using...oops. Unfortunately there's no more double apple to play with.
off
My ADD is unfortunately going to make me keep coming up with mixes if I don't commit to trying a couple. I am going to try TFA honey cured tobacco and orange cream and I will try FA desert ship with a little TFA Earl Gray(earl gray is fruity to me). I have today off so I will throw my mix on an electric stirrer, fall asleep, then test her out after some ultrasonic cycles. Since you wanted a FA flavor I'll try the Earl Gray. Now percentage wise I am going to guess 3% desert ship and 2% earl gray. For the honey cured/orange I am going to use 10% honey cured and 2% orange cream.

Ok just mixed the earl gray desert ship, smells good. I'll see how it vapes in the morning.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
If your going to add fruit to tobacco you will want to start with a nutural tobacco such as an american red or a FA maxx. Something that doesn't already have a nutty, honey, fruity or sweetened flavor. Then you can use cherry, apple, peach, rum, buorbon etc. Start with one flavor at a time then adjust with more flavor, EM, vinegar etc.. If your a bit more advanced you can extract your own tobacco or use an absolute as a base. the trick is not to use a tobacco that's already flavored that may add an unwanted element of flavor.

Last edited:

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
If your going to add fruit to tobacco you will want to start with a nutural tobacco such as an american red or a FA maxx. Something that doesn't already have a nutty, honey, fruity or sweetened flavor. Then you can use cherry, apple, peach, rum, buorbon etc. Start with one flavor at a time then adjust with more flavor, EM, vinegar etc.. If your a bit more advanced you can extract your own tobacco or use an absolute as a base. the trick is not to use a tobacco that's already flavored that may add an unwanted element of flavor.

My big flavor order came over the weekend. Haven't had time to mix yet but definitely want to experiment with my Hangsen tobaccos. I have some red. I also picked up some TFA Black Cherry. Maybe a good combo?

TrickyRicky71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Clinton Twp, MI
I do have some desert ship on the way if i'm not mistaken. And Red Luck, which I hope will be good to add a flavor to. And the Tennessee cured is now on my future to buy list. Thanks for the suggestions!

the Tennessee cured comes 2 ways, 100% PG or 100%VG which is known as the red oak line. so I usually get whatever is the opposite of the fruit juice, merango in this case, to make a 50/50 blend. I started vaping on the red oak (100% VG) Tennessee cured and has been my everyday juice for a yr now, just started mixing in the fruit and I really like it. it's not a pure tabacco juice and has a hint of Carmel and vanilla but those go great with strawberries! gl

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
My big flavor order came over the weekend. Haven't had time to mix yet but definitely want to experiment with my Hangsen tobaccos. I have some red. I also picked up some TFA Black Cherry. Maybe a good combo?

Be very sparing with the black cherry it's potent. Seriously start with a half percent. Otherwise you'll have tobacco cough syrup on your hands.

You only want to give the tobacco a slight cherry top note. Use to much and you'll be making cherry flavored chewing tobacco.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread