how to tell what revision darwin you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Braddock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
United States
not sure if this is true i heard thier has been 15revisions of the darwin the 15th being the newest one with the blue screen,my question is how can u tell which one u have if its not a blue screen?whats the differance between the very first and the newest one i just bought a used one it looks like it has the blue screen says its still under warenty and the battery is still under warrenty i know the battery has a year warrenty so it had to been made with in the year,i was just wondering if i got it and its not the blue screen is thier a differance between say the 10th and the 15th revision?i might be wrong all together about them making 15 of them but that what i was told and just wanted to confirm it...cant wait to get it in my hand

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
No way to tell, really. Most of the revisions have been minor internal changes that you wouldn't even see. The biggest noticeable differences are these:

- the very early versions had a "Darwin" signature next to the screen
- shortly after the signature versions, the on-off function was changed from a physical switch to a hall effect sensor (an internal change)
- the upgraded connector arm (with multiple locking positions) is one of the latest changes
- the blue screen is one of the latest changes

Other than those, it's all pretty much just been little changes on the innards in between revisions. Nothing the user would be likely to ever notice ;-)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread