LavaTube ONLY come in Red screens. If you want Blue or Green, Order from another vendor

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
I got the word on the screens from the forum admin at Volcanoecigs. He says their owners want the red screens. He said the manufacturer makes different color screens and these are sold elsewhere.. He also indicated that the red screen was cheaper, so I assume that's why the company is going with red.

our factory is making the screen different colors for other vendors selling these in other countries, if they want to pay for it. We are sticking with the red at it is what the owners want. There are Blue and green screens available out there in the world if you look around, but Volcano will only be selling the red screen - Artist Boy

He said "other countries" but seeing as how other US distributors are now going to start carrying the mod you may be able to find them with the blue or green screens in the US. Even close by in Canada perhaps under the Knight Rider brand.

The mod is sold as the LavaTube, Knight Rider, X-Pipe, L-Rider, Galaxy VV ( perhaps others) so you have many choices to try to find one in a blue or green screen if you really want one and are willing to pay the shipping.

It would be nice to find out which companies carry all the different color screens and list them so people can make a better purchase decision. This I will endeavor to do in time as I find out more.

I think Volcanoecigs is making a bad business decision by not giving people a choice of screen color as this could be an option that would cause them to get more sales. It may be that one day they will offer other screen colors but cannot do it at this present time for financial reasons.

If I'd have known about this ahead of time, I would have ordered from another company to ensure a blue screen. It's such a small thing I know but for many it can be a deal maker or breaker. the costumer is Always right.

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
I don't see it as they hid it from us. I noticed when the manufacturer started shipping to people for review, before the official retail release date, they had blue or red screens in the videos. There was never any indication which one would be sold by whom and why. So I asked about the issue. It's that simple. I can easily see others thinking they may get a blue screen if they order one [from volcanoecigs] so I posted this for clarification.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
Thanks for the clarification :) Red screen or blue screen I don't really care as long as it works and mine does. I kept and am using the battery that was shipped in the kit with the mod but I returned the extra one that I ordered and they promptly gave me a refund.

I don't think they actually intended to hide the fact that it does come in different color screens.. they just ordered the red ones.

I also noticed that it's called the Knight rider in Canada and the Lavatube here.

Last edited:

rg8570

Jan 19, 2011
jakarta
Thanks for the clarification :) Red screen or blue screen I don't really care as long as it works and mine does. I kept and am using the battery that was shipped in the kit with the mod but I returned the extra one that I ordered and they promptly gave me a refund.

I don't think they actually intended to hide the fact that it does come in different color screens.. they just ordered the red ones.

I also noticed that it's called the Knight rider in Canada and the Lavatube here.

i agree with you donnah, as long as it works well, i'll be happy.. besides, i didn't get it from volcano, i got it from my local vendor here, mine is red and it works great

woooozzaa

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
White Wood NB
Of course L-Rider Technology Co. Ltd will put any colour screen in there or paint job you want if you make the order worth there time. Its all about money in the end. The only other vendors I've noticed carrying them are Canvape, Nicfitnation, Ecigwizard and 2smok, didn't know about x-pipes. If anybody spots a mini (18350) lavatube with blue LCD let me know, I would really dig one. I don't care what part of the world it comes from :D .

KimberlyM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2011
The Land of Confusion
The only problem with ordering from another vendor is that you might not get a 12 month warranty. Galaxy's warranty is only 3 months. For me it's not worth hanging out there for 9 months without a warranty just for a different colored screen.

I totally agree - but I am hating having to wait!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread