Not open for further replies.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Here is a pic, sorry isn't the best quality.

userypeb.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Looks genuine. The clones' shoulder piece is thicker than that.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Excellent comparison Review!!!!!

Just want to add, especially for those that THINK the FT clones are bad. I have several originals(direct from Kanger) and now the 10 pack from FT.
I purchased these for the extra parts. Yes they will get used, until they start to fail. Then parts will be salvaged for the Real kangers.

Notes to add on the Clones:
1) The clones use 1 2mm flavor wick rather than the (2) 1mm in K - Evods
2) There is a No Purpose seal ring laying under the wicks on the Head. This can be left in place or removed. It can slip up and pinch the wicks(Not Good)
1) initial wicking is SLOWER due to the single thick flavor wick. This may be causing many complaints. Placing a bit of liquid on the wicks prior to installing helps speed the wicking process.
3) silica seems to be NOT as pure. Funky initial taste. This does go away. To reduce/avoid, remove the pipe and flavor wick. Dry burn new wick several times before assembly and use. (CAREFUL with flavor wick or it will fall apart) A drop of water helps hole it together.
4) Surprisingly Every coil I have inspected so far is Built much better than the coils on the Kanger originals. Perfect Wraps properly spaced and centered. A few looked slightly low in the slot but not an issue. Slight pull in center.
5)The heads, being copies of the original Evod heads is a nice plus. they will allow for the expected Draw of an Evod and parts can interchange if rebuilding. (avoiding the Long open pipe)
So far today, I have inspected, dry burned and tested 5 Clones with different flavors. Only 1 cheap RY4 that has a peppery taste was a bit Rude on first vaping. Seemed extra harsh(Jalapeno'ish) Was also on a freshly charged(Performance happy Battery) After a few draws it started calming down and is correct to my other devices experience of flavor.
All others are performing nicely.
These are with blends of 80/20 and 50/50 RY4, Caramel, Strawberry Ice Cream, Chocolate Caramel, Cappuccino

Are they Kanger - No
Are they usable - Very much so
Will some hate them - Yep
Can they be corrected - Just like the evod and every other clearomizer out there - YES

Vape on and enjoy!

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
I checked 3 clones with a digital caliper, length of the window - 22.91, 22.86 and 22.94mm
3 Kanger brand - 21.85, 21.93 and and 21.75mm

and yes, the real ones do have that type of package.

I have a box of heads like that, now that I look back at the site where I got them , it does not claim they are Kanger brand, only "5 Pack Replacement Coil for EVOD". Seeing that SGS logo on the box, I wonder if they are clones, although everything on the coil head itself looks right - Except the ohm rating is not marked on the base.

Ones I know to be genuine do have the ohms marking, did Kanger always mark them?

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin

Just want to add, especially for those that THINK the FT clones are bad. I have several originals(direct from Kanger) and now the 10 pack from FT.
I purchased these for the extra parts. Yes they will get used, until they start to fail. Then parts will be salvaged for the Real kangers.

Notes to add on the Clones:
1) The clones use 1 2mm flavor wick rather than the (2) 1mm in K - Evods
2) There is a No Purpose seal ring laying under the wicks on the Head. This can be left in place or removed. It can slip up and pinch the wicks(Not Good)
1) initial wicking is SLOWER due to the single thick flavor wick. This may be causing many complaints. Placing a bit of liquid on the wicks prior to installing helps speed the wicking process.
3) silica seems to be NOT as pure. Funky initial taste. This does go away. To reduce/avoid, remove the pipe and flavor wick. Dry burn new wick several times before assembly and use. (CAREFUL with flavor wick or it will fall apart) A drop of water helps hole it together.
4) Surprisingly Every coil I have inspected so far is Built much better than the Coils on the Kanger originals. Perfect Wraps properly spaced and centered. A few looked slightly low in the slot but not an issue. Slight pull in center.
5)The heads, being copies of the original Evod heads is a nice plus. they will allow for the expected Draw of an Evod and parts can interchange if rebuilding. (avoiding the Long open pipe)
So far today, I have inspected, dry burned and tested 5 Clones with different flavors. Only 1 cheap RY4 that has a peppery taste was a bit Rude on first Vaping. Seemed extra harsh(Jalapeno'ish) Was also on a freshly charged(Performance happy Battery) After a few draws it started calming down and is correct to my other devices experience of flavor.
All others are performing nicely.
These are with blends of 80/20 and 50/50 RY4, Caramel, Strawberry Ice Cream, Chocolate Caramel, Cappuccino

Are they Kanger - No
Are they usable - Very much so
Will some hate them - Yep
Can they be corrected - Just like the evod and every other clearomizer out there - YES

Vape on and enjoy!

based on this^ i think my heads might be clones. and i guess tha tmeans tha tthe tank part is a clone too. but now that the break-in period is over, they are performing fine. so even if theyre not kanger, i guess i'll give the vendor the benefit of the doubt and leave them alone. if the product i ordered was for me, id be up in arms just over the fact of the matter. but theyre for my gf and shes not having a problem now that the break-in is over. c'est la vie.

Truncheon

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
i have a couple evods, and after examining them based on the posts here, mine are also clones.

and i am positive the 'reputable' online vendor i purchased them from advertised them as genuine Kanger Evods. If i recall - they also advertised the replacement heads as genuine kanger, as well, and what i received is a white box as kemosabe shows above. in other threads i have read that a box of genuine kanger heads should come in a black box. i personally don't think they are genuine replacement heads, but i could be mistaken.

regardless, the evods work ok, and i've rebuilt a couple heads and they work well both out of the package as well as my rebuild.

i wasn't overly disappointed with my experience with this vendor, but i wasn't overwhelmed by them, either.

but based on the false advertising from this vendor, it's very unlikely i'll purchase from them again. not sure if the vendor themselves were misled when they made their purchase or they are intentionally misleading their customers, me included, by selling knock off products as genuine. but either way, they are selling something as genuine when it is not.

on the other hand, about a week ago i bought a genuine kanger protank 2 from a vendor on ebay. definitely a genuine product - nice shrinkwrapped, heavy duty packaging, holographic sealing sticker, stamped kanger on the bottom ring, etc. but... coil #1 popped before i finished the first tank. coil #2 fired... but the head itself wasn't made properly or something. very hard draw with the head in the PT2while off my vamo - once it was on the vamo, virtually no draw whatsoever. it felt like it had practically no vent/air holes whatsoever. it took all i had just to get a tiny amount of vapor drawn thru. and rebuilding the head did not help, either. just a bad head direct from the kanger factory...

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Mine are advertised as genuine Kanger. I also emailed the vendor and they confirmed. However, I have my doubts. My evods have properties of genuine (three air holes, placed 1/3 of the way down) and also properties of knockoffs (2.2cm window). What do you guys think?

View attachment 248147
View attachment 248152

I have the stainless Evod and mine is a dull stainless finish where yours looks very shiny.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Here are the replacement coils. Note how eVod is spelled E-vod. Genuine, or should I give the vendor a piece of my mind?

View attachment 248162
View attachment 248163
View attachment 248164

Also, are the clones and the genuines both shipped in a package like this, or is this packaging indicative of one over the other?

View attachment 248165

The box of coils look right. Below is what my box of 5 Evods with the packaging. I have them in green as well. I purchased them from Clearomizers - Steven's Wholesale Clearomizers
evod.jpg

Last edited:

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Hi, what are the differences between a Evod that comes with a logo vs a one that don't? I am talking about the logo "EVOD" BCC" on the Clearomizer itself. Thanks.

Well all the Evods I purchase are in packages of 5 so they arrive boxed as shown above. Inside they do have Evod BCC on the end cap. I can also add they are packaged in some thick plastic. Opening one up takes a good pull or a scissors.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I have Evods that I know are genuine but don't have any logo on them. Speed, I think you've got the real deal for sure.

evod.jpg

I have been purchasing them from 5 Kanger EVOD 1.6ml 1.8ohm Black Clearomizers since I'd rather buy a 5 pack for myself or as gifts to my family members who quit smoking too. They come with 1.8ohm coils, but when you pull the coil out you can easily read the ohms on the coil, not like other coils I have purchased. Stevens does have a discount coupon if interested. It's OctoberTreats for this month an extra 5% off.

Last edited:
I have Evods that I know are genuine but don't have any logo on them. Speed, I think you've got the real deal for sure.

If your EVOD don't have any logos, then it is 100% clone. The old genuine ones from Kanger have EVOD BCC printed on the housing and comes with a short head. The newest genuine Kanger EVODs now come with the Protank long heads, AND they have the same etched logos at the base now just like how it is on Protanks, no more EVOD BCC printings because the clones are now printing them. Also, all the genuine EVODs should come SEALED in a plastic bag, not just inside a regular bag that you can take in and out of. They are SEALED for a reason. Contact Kangertech on their website to find out.

See the newest genuine Kanger EVOD here:

Genuine KANGERTECH EVOD 1.7mL Clearomizer w/KANGER Protank Coil Head - STAINLESS - Other

It seems that the best way to tell is not by any of the factors listed by the OP of this thread, they are making really good clones in China now. So far, especially the ones from Fasttech, those clones have a narrower center tube. If you try to fit a genuine Kanger head, it won't fit. I have bought ALL different versions so far, and trust me, the clones now look exactly like the genuine ones (except they don't have the etched logo at the base yet). I can show you guys pictures of them. Everything is the same, viewing window size, height, airholes, blah blah ...

Oh, and the included coil head should be a genuine Kanger head too. See if it has an etched resistance at the base of the head. The new clone heads from Fasttech now has printed resistance at the base too, so now it's even harder to tell the differences. But you can still tell if you compare side by side, and compare the performance. The taste difference is day and night with certain juices.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
My view has always been if you are looking to buy a Kanger Evod, Mini ProTank 2 or Protank 2 then why not make sure you purchase a Kanger and not a clone. To save a buck or two makes no sense to me. Don't read reviews about Kanger then purchase it's clone.

There are many negative posts about problems with the Evod or ProTanks but I have to wonder was the writer really talking about Kanger or a clone from FT.

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.

Vape on and enjoy!

On August 9th I placed a small order at ECIGFOREVER (MICROCIG). After being mad at Microcig for over a year, I decided to give them another chance and did order two of their Evods. As it turns out, they have a seal ring under the wick also :laugh: If I gambled, I would bet they made them for FT.
I've been using one of the Microcig Evod and a Kanger Evod since Sept 18th - they both work great for me, but I did rebuild the Microcig about a week ago just for fun.

Also, Vision has their version of the Evod - Vision V. TOX ; just got from Vaporcigzz and didn't get to trying yet, but I did check and NO seal ring under wick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread