• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

How to succeed quitting tobacco with the e-cig. A newcomers SA guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaporista

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Cape Town, South Africa
I am going to the UK later this year and was thinking about picking up a screwdriver, however they are (comparatively speaking) quite expensive and there isnt a great deal of accessories for them like USB passthroughs and what would it be like getting spares through. So Stevens supply would be quite appealing.

Then there is the Janty stick (or Twisp stick here) looks like it has a few more accessories for it and a supply locally but all I see all there is on the Twisp site is spare batteries. Once again quite an expensive device.

Looking at some of the China suppliers websites they are starting to produce some of their own versions of the stick, so I am thinking of waiting until they get a bit more mainstream.

The thing is, I am currently maintaining stocks for about 3 e-cigs and I cant just settle on one, all have pro's and con's. For my next cig i'd like to buy a good all rounder so its one set of spares for everything.

I am thinking in the interim (to settle my curiosity) of getting a M201 or M401, but not sure which one would be the best to get.

I'd go for the M201. Here's why. The atty is the biggest- bigger than the janty stick atty which is bigger than the DSE801 atty. The DSE 801 and the M201 look identical in size and often colour, until you look inside the atty of the M201. The M201 has been my e-cig of choice and I use it the most because it offers more throat hit and vapour - but it's not perfect it's still auto and it's a liquid guzzler and I've been through 2 attys in 14 days (and awaiting spares) SO with the provisio you have enough spares then you will not look back with the M201 because it's a great all rounder for the heavy vaper who doesn't like towing around wires. You still need a screwdriver (with a manual switch) because that is the creme de la creme of the vaping experience. You haven't vaped unless you've tried a screwdriver type device. It's not practical for vaping in public because it looks like you are on fire:D But for home use it is Nirvana.
I agree that you need a few different devices for different situations. I downgraded my DSE 801 to standby duty status and use the m201 as daily duty until it goes to the service bay awaiting spares. The screwdriver (in my case janty) is for home off road use, it's the bundu basher of e-cigs at least for now. However if you are going to buy a prodigy won't you buy me one too. PM me if you are headed UK ways soon. I can't comment on Stephens device yet because I haven't tried it, but I would always buy proven hardware without a blink as we call them "the greats" on the main forums.

Vaporista

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Cape Town, South Africa
Attys are not cheap. What's wrong with the M201 that it eats attys?

Well I think it's me that eats attys:D I haven't figured it out yet but I'll reserve judgement until I get the next batch of attys. I do notice they run hotter than the 801's and the Janty attys. In any case yeah, Doug these attys are not cheap, but given that all attys have a lifespan of between one day and three months- they are consumables. Average span on the m201 atty is about 4 weeks for heavy users according to a supplier here.
The suppliers should be selling cheap attys in packages of 5 or more like EastMall which is selling a 5 pack of attys for various models at R245 unlike twisp which sells one single atty for that price. Just shows how ripped off we're getting.That reminds me Eastmall is running a proper Xmas special on 20ml juice for $6 0r R42. Now that's a bargain.

Splat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2009
Johannesburg, South Africa
The suppliers should be selling cheap attys in packages of 5 or more like Eastmall which is selling a 5 pack of attys for various models at R245 unlike twisp which sells one single atty for that price. Just shows how ripped off we're getting.That reminds me Eastmall is running a proper Xmas special on 20ml juice for $6 0r R42. Now that's a bargain.
I agree with you on the spare attys and batts, Vaporista, but we have similar value in our liquids here. You have to remember the postage that Chinese suppliers charge (Eastmall = $15 flat fee for all orders under $200) must be added to the bottom line.

If, for example, you only buy 100ml liquid from Eastmall on their special for $30 you are actuall going to pay $45 in total. This translates to over R300 which is what you can get the equivalent product locally at Cig-e (incl postage of R30).

The picture changes if you start buying spare attys and batts in addition to the liquid....:thumb:

Aucorium

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2009
Cape Town, South Africa
I did a pricing on Heaven-Gifts and the postage was only $5 so it worked out to be about to +/- R320 all inclusive for 120ml of juice.

I think the cig-e pricing is very reasonable for juice considering, but there are some rip offs (especially in CT). I think the comparison might have been directed to another vendor for attys.

PhilipTwisp

Moved On
Nov 19, 2009
www.twisp.co.za
  • Deleted by lordmage
  • Reason: Unner review
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread