Status
Not open for further replies.

ghosteye

Jun 14, 2009
I have been testing out the use of a vibrating toothbrush on my dewicked, debridged lr 306s. So far it is working very good. I soak them in vodka, then let them dry. I do a quick dry burn and when they cool down, I run the atty under water and use the toothbrush. The 306 has easy access to the coil and I am able to remove the crud. I then soak it in vodka again and let it dry. It is good to go after that and pretty close to new condition.
I have tried all of the soaking methods and they never remove the crud. If you rotate your attys and do this method, the atty will never build up a lot of crud and all I need to do is a quick dry burn. I am still testing for how long the attys last with this method, but I haven't had one pop out on me yet. For me, I can always have an atty that glows evenly and quickly.

ghosteye

Jun 14, 2009
zer0ith-Give it a shot. It's really working well for me. The only issue that you might have is that on the clearos, I notice that the wick gets brittle and breaks off. I noticed this before I started using this method, but they would break apart while I was only trying to take them on and off of my map tank. If you don't encounter any issues with the wick breaking off, then this will surely clean the crud off of the coil.

Kit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2008
UK
Cant believe this thread is still alive
Smoking.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread