best way to clean atomizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
hey parapo ... cleaning is one of those topics where everyone and their grandmother has their own opinion on the matter.

you really have to find what works best for you. boiling ALWAYS did wonders on my baddy's, but it has killed others.

so, in the end, its really up to you. Steaming seems like a good idea, but I don't feel like boiling a tea kettle to get the job done. I just do a manual cleaning session on manual USB901 made by bastage...

freddo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I wouldn't recomend cleaning unless it is a must. I have been using the same atomizer for months and have not cleaned once. I find that the best way to clean if it is starting to produce less vapour is to give it a good old blasting by just constantly puffing on it (5 second draws). This burns off any crud that may have stuck to the atomizers. but be careful, do not let it burn too dry or that will mess it up. good luck :D

Soot

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2008
Belfast, UK
Like Cash says - there's loads of different views and I'm sure different e-cigs require different cleaning cycles. The one cleaning cycle to avoid is the battery initiated one that happens with my 901 (and many other models).

With my KB (which is my work-horse) I clean once a week using hot water. After 6 weeks all 3 atomisers are working fine and taste better than when new.

SuziQ

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Nr London, UK
I wouldn't recomend cleaning unless it is a must. I have been using the same atomizer for months and have not cleaned once. I find that the best way to clean if it is starting to produce less vapour is to give it a good old blasting by just constantly puffing on it (5 second draws). This burns off any crud that may have stuck to the atomizers. but be careful, do not let it burn too dry or that will mess it up. good luck :D

A similar thing that I read on here, was to attach a battery, but not the cart and blow hard and for a good few seconds, through the led battery end, which activates the battery and heats the atomiser. I have done this with good effect and today revitalised a very sluggish amost dead atomiser I almost threw away.

scyllabub

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2008
London, UK
attach a battery, but not the cart and blow hard and for a good few seconds, through the led battery end
Thanks, SuziQ, I think I've just revived 2 apparently dead atomisers by this method. I was about to buy new ones, you've saved me at least £13 - for the time being anyway.

I've been here for hours (I've been getting sidetracked by various links) looking for recommendations and saw someone mention that the "new 901 atomisers" were good - anyone know what they're talking about? New? Available where?

Anyway, thanks again Susi, mwah :)

scyllabub

SANJP

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2008
LONDON UK
My Top Atomiser Cleaning Tips

1. PLAIN OLD RUN UNDER HOT TAP AND LEAVE TO DRY

2. DISTILLED VINEGAR FILL SMALL CUP SOAK RINSE AND LEAVE TO DRY

3. BLOW THROUGH HARD WITH TISSUE AT CART END ,THEN RE USE

4. COMPRESSED AIR, BLOW THROUGH WITH A AIR COMPRESSOR.

5. BOIL SOME WATER PLACE ATOMISER IN FOR 10 MINS THEN DRY AND RE-USE

NEXT TIP REQUIRES EXTERNAL MANUAL SWITCH BATTERY

5. BLOW EXCESS FLUID OUT THEN HEAT ATOMISER USING MANUAL BUTTON OR SWITCH TILL JUST GLOWING RED(NOT FOR MORE THAN 1 SEC ARE YOU MAY KILL ATOMISER) REPEAT ONCE MORE AND YOU DONE.

HOPE THIS QUICK GUIDE HELPS YOU OUT :)

Misty

Forum Admin Supplier & Commercial Manager
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2008
Canada
A similar thing that I read on here, was to attach a battery, but not the cart and blow hard and for a good few seconds, through the led battery end, which activates the battery and heats the atomiser. I have done this with good effect and today revitalised a very sluggish amost dead atomiser I almost threw away.
I steamed 2 atomizers for a few secs..let them dry overnite. One is perfectly back to normal after 30 puffs..
But the second did give vapor at first , but when went back to it a few minutes later - nothing! I changed the battery..still nothing..did I kill it? so confusing!!
SuziQ, I want to try your trick with keeping the battery on /no cart but wondering if I have to put a few drops on the atomizer before I blow hard on that battery end so it doesn't smoke "dry" which kills the atomizer too..

SuziQ

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Nr London, UK
I steamed 2 atomizers for a few secs..let them dry overnite. One is perfectly back to normal after 30 puffs..
But the second did give vapor at first , but when went back to it a few minutes later - nothing! I changed the battery..still nothing..did I kill it? so confusing!!
SuziQ, I want to try your trick with keeping the battery on /no cart but wondering if I have to put a few drops on the atomizer before I blow hard on that battery end so it doesn't smoke "dry" which kills the atomizer too..

Gosh, I am really no expert. I haven't added any liquid before doing it, because I tend to keep my atomisers fairly moist. It seems to burn off the rubbish - you do have to blow quite hard. It heats up the atomiser and you see vapour coming out of the end of the atomiser. I only do it for 3 or 4 seconds, cos I get scared I am going to fry the thing.
If your atomiser gets trashed, please don't blame me. ;)

I have done it with two and it has worked for me.

youfillintheblank

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Ontario, Canada
They both work. Vinegar can be a hard smell/taste to get rid of, but it works. Vinegar FOLLOWED by alcohol helps get rid of the vinegar taste. A glass of alcohol with a fresh e-cig is heaven. :thumb:

Hmm.. I wonder which works better, vinegar or alcohol? I would tend to think that because vinegar is acidic, it would help to chemically break down the gunk better.

Any thoughts by those who have tried both methods?

Misty

Forum Admin Supplier & Commercial Manager
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2008
Canada
Gosh, I am really no expert. I haven't added any liquid before doing it, because I tend to keep my atomisers fairly moist. It seems to burn off the rubbish - you do have to blow quite hard. It heats up the atomiser and you see vapour coming out of the end of the atomiser. I only do it for 3 or 4 seconds, cos I get scared I am going to fry the thing.
If your atomiser gets trashed, please don't blame me. ;)

I have done it with two and it has worked for me.
Went for it..worked perfectly..!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread