How much do you make at a time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandSam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
Hey all. I was checking my stock of flavors, to see what needed reordering. It also hit me that funds are quite low at the moment, so I decided to only order the flavors I would need to make a fair amount of my 3 favorite recipes. Anyhow, that got me thinking. In total, I have about 20 bottles of juice steeping (from vendors, and ones that I have mixed). I also intend on making 3 new, larger bottles. Excluding the 3 to be made, all of these bottles should be ready in about a week. It's going to take me quite some time to vape through all of them. That said, for those of you who mix multiple juices...how much do you mix at a time? I had initially planned on mixing 3, 240ml bottles, then decided to just mix 3, 60ml bottles, since I only have 3 60ml glass bottles sitting around anyways.

Also, where are you guys getting your larger glass bottles? I've seen a few online, but shipping ends up costing $10! And, WL is always sold out of their 120ml bottles.

Reactions: Cheechako

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
I usually mix 60mL if it's something that doesn't need much steeping, and 120mL if it does need some steeping. I have a production line of 120mL's because I usually vape a 120mL in about a month with other juices so it gives the new 120mL time to steep.

As for the glass bottles, I've reused old ones from companies I've purchased 120mL of juice from, like Casey Jones Mainline Reserve. Also, if you have a Whole Foods or Natural Grocers near you, they sell 15, 30, 60, and 120mL glass bottles. They also sell these wonderful 8mL glass vials that are perfect for 5mL test batches.

GrandSam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
I usually mix 60mL if it's something that doesn't need much steeping, and 120mL if it does need some steeping. I have a production line of 120mL's because I usually vape a 120mL in about a month with other juices so it gives the new 120mL time to steep.

As for the glass bottles, I've reused old ones from companies I've purchased 120mL of juice from, like Casey Jones Mainline Reserve. Also, if you have a Whole Foods or Natural Grocers near you, they sell 15, 30, 60, and 120mL glass bottles. They also sell these wonderful 8mL glass vials that are perfect for 5mL test batches.

Much thanks (again)! It usually takes me about 2-3 months to finish a 60ml bottle, since I cycle through other juices as well. That's probably why the Kayfun seldom gets used. Anyhow I'll have to check out Whole Foods.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Much thanks (again)! It usually takes me about 2-3 months to finish a 60ml bottle, since I cycle through other juices as well. That's probably why the Kayfun seldom gets used. Anyhow I'll have to check out Whole Foods.

Totally! My pleasure. I think they're somewhere around $2.00/bottle or so for the bigger bottles but when you factor in shipping, how easy it is to attain them, and how many times you get to reuse them, they are well worth it.

GrandSam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA

GrandSam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
I mix up about 250 ml at a time so I broke down and ordered a dozen bottles off amazon.
Since I'm getting into DE shaving and making my own shave balms and such, they are coming in handy!
I let them age a bit in a drawer and then put 'em in the fridge. :)

I can see why you purchased so many! Glad to meet another DE shaver. I recently switched to SR shaving, but I'm glad I took up traditional shaving.

GrandSam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
I'm not sure what I was thinking when I said Whole Foods the other day, I meant Sprouts!!!! Natural Grocers definitely has them too.

Oh great, there's a Sprouts right by me! I can't seem to find those bottles on their site, but I'll stop by and take a look. Thanks again!

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Oh great, there's a Sprouts right by me! I can't seem to find those bottles on their site, but I'll stop by and take a look. Thanks again!

Yeah, they had them over in their vitamin section with the inscensce and stuff. Sorry for the misinformation earlier.

Reactions: GrandSam

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I make 20 mls with no nic of a test flavor, spin it in my magnetic mixer for awhile then let it sit for a couple-few days. I have plenty of PT's and mini's armed with microcoils so taste testing is easy.
I make 50mls of my Hangsen tobaccos, put it into a seperate bottle then seed another 50 with @10mls of steeped mix so I always have vapable juice all the time. I use those already mixed Hangsen tobacs, ratio them into different percentages, add TA or AP if necessary and go from there. So far its worked just great in finding my ADV tobacco.
My wife is a different story who only vapes a single flavor so far I'm still testing juice ratios to get her to vape my brews and wean her off storebought juice. Thanks to very helpful people in this forum(thread) who are helping making the transition as painless as possible(for me). :)
I do think using a magnetic mixer does cut the steep time down some but I can't confirm that since I have patience and patience wins in the end for a GREAT juice.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
It totally depends on the flavor for me. Some flavors are an occasional vape, I'll do a 15ml batch, the regulars that I rotate I like to make 45ml's in an recycled 50ml nip bottle. My ADV's I'll make 100ml's at a time. Lately, when the bottles get really low, I'll leave a few ml's in there and just make the new batch in the same bottle and just apply a new date label on it. I try to have about two months worth mixed and steeping, all lined up in order on a closet shelf. It has just become part of my routine to take some time every few weeks and mix a few, or a bunch of flavors.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Oh, wow. Anywhere from 5ml to a liter.

The liter is for stuff I give away. Recipes I always seem to want to vape are mixed 120-240 ml at a time.

Usually do 10ml for experimenting with new recipes. If I think it's close, I'll throw a 30ml bottle together, vape about half of it, them give the remainder to someone who is picky about vapor flavor to get feedback from them m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread