How many years you are a vaper and how much do you vape per day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
Smoked over 20yrs, been a vaper for about 3 1/2. I go through between 5 to 20 mls of 6ml nic a day on average about 10. It really depends on what I am doing. I have found that if I am sitting at home in the den (I work in IT and work at home sometimes) I tend to chain vape a lot.

I don't really need the nic, it just is habit. I have been thinking of mixing up some 0 nic for when I am in the Den.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
40+ year smoker. Cut down from 2 - 3 PAD to 1PAD about 20 years before quitting. Been off the smokes and vaping 3 years in a couple weeks.

Because I change set-ups with different flavors multiple times each day, I have no idea "how much" I vape...... nor do I care. I just fill tanks, clean tanks, change coils, build, mix juice, charge batteries, etc. when needed and when I want to. What's not to like?

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
Smoker for 27 years minus a quit time of approximately two years. I was a very light smoker at about 5 cigs/day. I started smoking again after that 2 yr quit period with a vengeance. I was smoking 0.5-1 pack/day upon restart which freaked me out so I decided to try e-cigs. I have been vaping for 2 years (I know this because of the date of my 1st purchase for which I still have the receipt in my inbox). I cannot remember when I last smoked a cigarette, but I am guessing it has been over a year.

I currently vape 1-2ml/day.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    However, there are literally thousands of chemicals that exist in/are produced when tobacco in a cigarette is burned.
    About 4000 in an unlit cigarette, about 7000 when lit. As far as I know, these numbers apply to pre-rolled cigarettes. These numbers might (and most probably are) be somewhat lower when applied to RYO and pipe tobacco and real cigars.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 3, 2013
    Blue Rapids, KS, US
    25year smoker, 1 1/2 to 2 PAD formerly, 4 1/2 years smokes free.

Vaping ml/day, depends on my mood and what I want to use

Standard day - 1.5ohm Kayfuns at 8 to 10 watts, about 5 to 7ml/day 9 to 12mg, depending on how busy or stressed I am
    Spare Carry Unit - 0.5ohm dual coil Crius @ 20 to 25watts, about 12 to 15ml/day of 6mg if I use it exclusively
    Bored at home on the weekends - 0.3ohm dual coil RDA @ 30 to 50watts, about 15 to 20ml/day of 3mg

Reactions: opticruby

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    This is just an in my head, add up the nic use experience, and it looks like folks end up ~30-60 mg/day of nic, whether through 2 ml of 24 mg mtl, or 7 ml of 6 mg DTL. I'm sure there are plenty of outliers (there already are in this fake statistical analysis) but I can see the makings of a bell curve that most vapers fall within.

Maybe after some more experience is posted a run through with an actual calculator might be worthwhile.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 12, 2012
    Lawrence KS
    I was a smoker for 40+ years 3 pad. Been vaping for 5 years this August. I started on cartomizers and about 4-5 mil per day 24mg. As gear got better I got up to 6-7 mil per day but dropped the nic.

Lately (because of COPD) I've found I do better with 80%pg/20%vg and that goes a long way on an 8 watt MTL setup. Today I'm back to using 4-5 mil per day at 1.5mg.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread