How long between drips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenejb

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Kansas City
OK can someone kind of clear up things for me? In regard to the drip tips.. If I use a Boge LR cartomizer, can you use drip tips on that or are you referring to buying a 510 Low Resistance Atomizer and putting a drip tip on it? I know I definitely prefer LR cartos with my ego-t over the tanks because the flavor is 80% better. If that's my preference, should I even bother with looking at an atomizer with a drip tip? Also, I'm assuming if you use a drip tip on a cartomizer you're doing so for ease of refilling?

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
i tend to find i draw for about 3 seconds... 5 at the very very most

Learning a slow draw does take a little practice, but it solves several problems, keeping in mind that we're vaporizing a liquid vs burning leaves. The slow air flow allows more time for the coil to heat and more time for the liquid to flow in and replace the liquid that has just been vaporized. As the liquid vaporizes it has a cooling effect on the coil, so slow air allows the vapor to be heated more.

To stick with faster draws, I recommend higher voltage with higher ohm equipment. Why, several have said it's the greater surface area, and that could be correct.

DaBatMan

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Wayne Manor
OK can someone kind of clear up things for me? In regard to the drip tips.. If I use a Boge LR cartomizer, can you use drip tips on that or are you referring to buying a 510 Low Resistance Atomizer and putting a drip tip on it? I know I definitely prefer LR cartos with my ego-t over the tanks because the flavor is 80% better. If that's my preference, should I even bother with looking at an atomizer with a drip tip? Also, I'm assuming if you use a drip tip on a cartomizer you're doing so for ease of refilling?

I'm currently using a boge LR 2ohm cartomizer with a drip tip on top of my ego... and loving it!

Dark Jester

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Reno, NV
Could always give your mouth the vodka bath.. then you won't care what the vapor tastes like.. :D

I think I ruined myself on dripping/atomizers. :( First one I tried I didn't know I had to clean it out before I used it. Got that nasty burnt chemical taste in my mouth from whatever solution they had in there. I had a turkey baster with hot water hooked up to that thing for 5 minutes afterword to flush it out. No dice though, every time it runs out of juice I get a mouth full of that same nasty taste. No warning either, vaping waffles and it's like: "Vape. Mmm. Vape. Mmm. Vape. OMG F'Kin Nasty!!"

I'll stick with cartomizers. Will get a tank whenever I find a juice I don't mind sticking with all day.

DaBatMan

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Wayne Manor
I guess I'm confused how that helps using a drip tip with a cartomizer since you have to put several drops in to fill it anyway.

I was thinking the same thing but here's what I found.
1. drip tip allows you to get more flavor and more vapor over the trational cartridges that came with my set.
2. drip tip comes off easy, allows you to drip, and replace drip tip so you can get back to what's important.
3. boge LR carto burns hotter which = more vapor
4. i really don't have a fourth point but just hate odd numbers.

Vape On!

DoubleHelix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
New Jersey
Does the vodka bath clean the atty?

I find it does help clean it a bit, I use 100% VG Avejuice so to me it feels like the attie just performs better after a good soak in vodka. I let it sit in there for a few hours, blow out the insides, let it sit overnight and it drips again perfectly, again I am using bridgeless atties if that makes any difference.

stevenejb

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Kansas City
@DaBatMan - Good points. I got a drip tip today with an order I received from Crystal Clear Vaping so I removed the white soft cap from my LR carto and put the tip on it. I can see how it'll be a bit faster refilling my carto so I don't have to mess around with the white soft cap. It might just be in my head but it seems like there's more vapor even though the flavor is the same. Another good thing about the tips is I can get different colors so I can remember what juice is in what carto! :)

DaBatMan

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Wayne Manor
That 4th point was a great point man lol. But I ordered the riva 510 starter kit which comes with carts and atomizers so I picked up some cartos and drip tips so I can try em all out to see what I prefer. But it can't get here fast enough!!!

Sweet! You and your new friends will have a great time. Trust me.

DaBatMan-
So your saying you use a drip tip on a boge carto instead of the white plug, and it affects flavor and vape production in a positive manner?

Exacumongo (is that a word). Vapor production (which I'm a huge fan of) is thicker and I do get slightly noticable flavor, and I've haven't gotten juice in my mouth yet using the drip tip. (this happened with the catridges and I hated it)

@DaBatMan - Good points. I got a drip tip today with an order I received from Crystal Clear Vaping so I removed the white soft cap from my LR carto and put the tip on it. I can see how it'll be a bit faster refilling my carto so I don't have to mess around with the white soft cap. It might just be in my head but it seems like there's more vapor even though the flavor is the same. Another good thing about the tips is I can get different colors so I can remember what juice is in what carto! :)

Yes... being so new I staired at that soft white cap for a while, as I didn't want to wreck a brand new carto, but after a youtube session I pulled it out, got my drip on and vaped the night away.

BTW... that different color for different flavors suggestion is genus. Why didn't I think of that?

stevenejb

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Kansas City
Yes... being so new I staired at that soft white cap for a while, as I didn't want to wreck a brand new carto, but after a youtube session I pulled it out, got my drip on and vaped the night away.
Another good point..I just noticed I haven't gotten juice in my mouth either after putting the drip tip on! That alone is a huge plus..
BTW... that different color for different flavors suggestion is genus. Why didn't I think of that?
Ahhh see us newbies are good for a few things lol ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread