How long between drips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seedubxj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2011
Folsom, CA
Just got my Riva 510 kit and drip tip, upgraded from an njoy.

Question is this, How long between drips? I am dripping 3 drips, taking 3-4 drags, tasting a burning flavor and then having to re-drip. Is that about normal? Or should I be getting more performance? Using the LF Vanilla VG 14mg e-juice.

I may be looking into a tank mod if this is normal.

Thanks guys! So far I am LOVING the Riva. What an increase in TH!

DoubleHelix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
New Jersey
It seems YMMV on that subject. I start wih a free attie (after blowing out primer) Give it about 4-5 drops, and once I feel the flavor dimish, add about 2-drops at a time

I should also mention (again) that I am loving dripping on bridgeless atties FAR more than a normal pre packaged attie. Dripping takes some pracitce but anyone get do it. ENjoy!

p.s. I find a quick vodka bath after a few days gets me some life out of these things also.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
I drip just about like Helix with a few exceptions:

I leave my atties intact; no debridging or dewicking for me on any of my atties.

When I'm using a 510, I start with 4-5 drops, wait for a few seconds so it can soak in and vape. I vape until the vapor starts to drop off and the flavor begins to go flat, then I add 2-3 more drops..."rinse and repeat" to the same end result. Works like a charm and I love it!

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
@seedubxj - drips versus drags is subjective and the advise that when flavor drops to hit it with 3 more drops is good. If you are using a standard resistance atty then 3-4 drags seems quick and you are most likely taking 7sec or more pulls. On a LR atty at 3.7v I get about 4-5 good pulls at around 5 secs each

@DaBatMan - A Boge LR cartomizer is a different animal than an atty. Make sure it is good and saturated before your first drags. The first fill (deepending on drop size) should be 20 drops or more. Make sure you drip around the edge and not down the hole and take you time letting the juice soak in. After full, top off after about 20-25 drags with another 10 drops or so. The above numbers are for reference only and a ballpark since YMMV.

DaBatMan

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Wayne Manor
@seedubxj - drips versus drags is subjective and the advise that when flavor drops to hit it with 3 more drops is good. If you are using a standard resistance atty then 3-4 drags seems quick and you are most likely taking 7sec or more pulls. On a LR atty at 3.7v I get about 4-5 good pulls at around 5 secs each

@DaBatMan - A Boge LR cartomizer is a different animal than an atty. Make sure it is good and saturated before your first drags. The first fill (deepending on drop size) should be 20 drops or more. Make sure you drip around the edge and not down the hole and take you time letting the juice soak in. After full, top off after about 20-25 drags with another 10 drops or so. The above numbers are for reference only and a ballpark since YMMV.

LR cartomizer and drip tip for the win. I think I'm in love.

DaBatMan

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Wayne Manor
Yeah I take long drags that's for sure. Ill keep at it and find a good balance. I may try cartos or a tank in the future. May experiment with the carts included with my starter kit as well.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Cartridges thatcame with the kit definitely got me through the weekend. Drip tip and cartomizers arrived today. I'm not looking back.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
How much vg is in your liquid makes a difference also. With very high vg, I get a ton of vapor, but one puff per drop. With high pg, less vapor and more puffs per drop. Also remember to use your button for a heat controller. If you're doing three puffs in a row, experiment with letting off the button before you finish your draw. The hot coil will continue to make vapor without getting so hot that you get that scorched air taste.

Boodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Las Vegas, NV, USA
altcig.com
I just ordered a riva 510 and a drip tip, when Im done vaping for the moment, do I need to make sure I leave some liquid in it to keep the atomizer wet or is it ok to let it sit dry just as long as i dampen it before hitting it again?

No need to keep liquid in it. You can rinse it in hot water, blow it out good and let it dry overnight. Like new in the AM for a new flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread