How I miss smoking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CentroniX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2009
Austin, TX
I miss looking like a hypocrite when trying to convince my kid sister that smoking isn't cool and she should never ever start. Now all I can say is "no, it's not cool, that's why I stopped."

That reminds me...

I miss my six year old proclaiming that she's going to smoke "just like Daddy" when she grows up. :nah:

Shreck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2009
Olivet, Michigan, United States
I really miss not having to clean the inside of my car windows each week, just so I could see out of them.

And I miss how the tar used to just streak and smear when I did try to clean the windows.

I miss only being able to smoke a partial cigarette if it was raining, cause it would get wet and fall apart and leave tobacco everywhere..

I miss the days of searching through my ashtray trying to find at least some remainder of a .... that I could still get something out of, cause I was broke and addicted..

And I miss lighting my facial hair cause I just couldnt let that partial cigarette go unsmoked.

I miss my damn brown teeth. Even this Snus doesnt stain them like I was getting with the cigarettes..

I miss having Tar embedded between my first and second finger after a night of drinking..

MHR7331

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
SoCal
I miss having to beg my raid leader (in World of Warcraft, an online game) for a quick afk so I could get my fix and not miss anything. I also miss knowing that I was making 24 other people wait on me.

I still cannot fathom why they didn't implement /stick or /follow in WoW. That was the best part about DAOC; if you wanted a smoke break in the middle of a raid, just /stick your GL and hope you don't run into a pillar :D

Hmm wait. Might be thinking of another game. Been so long, I'm not sure LOL.

HaploVoss

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Rogersville, MO - USA
That's a great point... I love no longer having to do '/follow' in City of Heroes in roation with my wife when we are taking smoke breaks on an eight person team during a Rikti invasion or on a mish... and hoping we don't come back to the computer, sit down and find ourselves dead in a corner where we got stuck behind a wall at the elevators or something. :lol:

Oh man... yeah.

Take care,
- Hap

dionymnia

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
I miss packing a carton of cigarettes in my suitcase when I'm taking a 4-day trip, so I don't have to pay higher prices when traveling to other parts of the country/world.

I miss the withdrawal shakes I'd get when I was even still had 3-4 cigs left in a pack, but knew I wouldn't be able to make it to a store until the next morning.

I miss the holes in the carpet and the bits of cherry that would sting my arm when the cigarette wasn't packed well enough.

I miss the frowns and looks of disdain I got, when I went to highly stressful job interviews reeking like smoke after sucking down a "stress-relieving" cigarette.

I miss convincing myself that I didn't smell of cigarette smoke, and not noticing that everything I owned (including my cats) had a lingering aroma of smoke.

I miss, like many, hocking up horrifying alien-like substances every morning.

I miss the death glares from people as they'd walk into buildings I was smoking outside of.

And, I miss my grandfather, who died almost a year ago from emphysema after a lifetime of smoking.

aa6660

Oct 6, 2009
Texas
i miss tobbacco spins
i miss feeling the drug pumping through my body first thing in the morning
i miss they way the end of a cig burns, almost pink against the black of the burning paper
i miss the feeling of total bliss when you double up cigs with a beer
i miss the anasthetic they put in them
i miss the fact they get stronger as you get to the bottom of them
i miss not having sore jaws because they are so light
i miss not needing anything for at least an hour after having a cig
i miss being able to buy them anywhere ......

Did this poster misunderstand this thread? These sound like things he actually misses.

Brachinus

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Jersey Shore
I miss the suspense of trying to sneak my lighter through airport security.

I miss buying 2 cartons of Camels at the Duty Free because they're "only" $30 a carton.

I miss the thrill of driving and having the wind blow the cig into the back and pulling over in heavy traffic and racing to snag it before it burns something.

I miss the suspense of wondering where will be the next place I'm banned from getting my nicotine fix.

Oh, wait, I still get to have that last one. Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread