How do you steep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcellus7

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2011
Alabama
How do you guys steep your e-liquid? So far I've just been vaping it as soon as I get it. I just tried a carto filled with some liquid that I didnt like at first, and now that its sat for a few days and it tastes a lot better than before. Do you just leave the top off the juice and let it sit, or whats your method of steeping?

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
You don't want to leave the cap off too long. One guy in DIY said the nicotine can get weaker that way. Cap off and dropper tip off for a few hours or overnight, then put the dropper tip and cap back on. Try the juice. If you want it to steep longer just leave the caps on and wait a week or two.

Typically I don't bother. If I like it enough to vape it I vape it and it gets better over time. Generally if I really don't like the flavor then I won't like it stronger or richer either. If I like it but it's flowery/perfumey then steeping will help.

I find typically, flavors made from a single flavoring right out of the bottle won't need or be particularly helped by steeping. If it is too strong or too weak, I mix it will a good vanilla or something else. Juices that are a custom blend of commercial or hand-extracted flavorings can get better over time. Juices with too much flavoring or creamy flavorings are more likely to be flowery or perfumey for me, and steeping open for a bit can help get rid of that.

Last edited:

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
Don't know about the others , but if I order juice , that is freshly made , I usually steep , in the closet , for at least another week . ( took almost a week , before I got it ) I also have started to do DYI juices , and all of my juice , gets steeped for at least two weeks , sometimes longer , for the tobacco flavors . JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread