How do you carry your box mod? (iStick Pico 25)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapemesilly

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2017
Nevada
For the vapor who has everything and wants to take it with him.

flyer.jpg

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Does anyone turn their mods off before putting them in your pocket?
Absolutely, every time. It's become second nature.

This is a person who had a battery explode in his mech mod when the fire button got compressed and over-discharged the battery in a pocket, sending it into thermal runaway. Mech mods have no safety circuity like timed auto cutoff like a regulated mod has. Learned my lesson.

I bought equipment that is durable AF and doesn't leak so I just lock it and drop it in any pocket.
:thumb:

Well, that would be fine if it was 1990. :confused:;)
Yeah, I've had ONE person tease me for wearing a fanny pack. Do I care? :nah:

A man thats not afraid to wear a fanny pack in the 2000's. I respect that.
:thumbs:

Last edited:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
In the winter months I generally carry my vape in a coat pocket. During the summer I either use a pocket in cargo pants or a fanny pack.

I generally carry two full setups with me when out of the house, a bottle of e-liquid, and spare batteries in a plastic battery case.

39373523800_b5f9574708_b.jpg
8924162175_70bfcb3096_b.jpg
Dont know about a fanny pack, but I still do cargo shorts. Some say cargo shorts are out of fashion, but I still wear mine every day for work and those pockets are fine for mods....I use to use those 510 clips, just unscrew your tank , insert a clip that had a hole and by screwing down your tank, it tightened the clip, you then could clip your mod to pants or belt....i found the device when clipped more susceptible to damage that way, so pockets are just fine

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Fanny packs are great. One of the few great later unappreciated things from the 80s, like the internet.

LOL you won't catch me wearing one because I am at times a sensitive artist so I need a stylish black hole purse (also my stuff would only fit in the size fanny pack that would give me a permanent back injury) but I salute the wearers.

Could check out etsy, get something made to order. Also known as regretsy in some circles bur in all of life, there is risk.

Anna

robrrt

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2014
Pensacola, Florida, United States
The tech pocket on Wrangler cargo shorts (or pants.) Holds it upright so it doesn't wedge like in a regular pocket. $16 at Walmart. Actually, Amazon has some with dual tech pockets - vape on one side, phone on the other. What? I already vape and (occasionally) still wear Crocs. You really think I care what others think? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dudeman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
New Bedford, MA
A kanger protank 4 is almost indestructible. I've had mine drop 20-30' onto a cement floor on more than one occasion while attached to an evic vtc mini (very pocket-able combo imo). The door would pop off and the battery went rolling away (also dented a protank preventing topfill but didn't break the glass), the combo always survived. Can't say the same for my VV Reo that made the same fall. :(

Peacemaker RTA is another tough tank option but double the cost.

stratus.vaping

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2018
UK & much further East.
Yup, search for "gadget pouch", many fit on belts and straps of other bags. Or if you are really fashionable like me :w00t: use an ex-military pouch of some kind, many many types and they are very tough, cordura is good. I use them for carrying vapes, handheld radios and phones when out and about.

I have so much tech I found that putting it in trousers or shorts would result in the need to use braces ... and I'm not going there, yet.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
A good inexpensive source for all sorts of tactical carry storage stuff is LA Police Gear. You can almost always find something you can repurpose for gear. I've found some of their bugout bags terrific for camera gear, and it doesn't scream camera bag and us a lot cheaper.

As for turning off, don't always assume if it's in a storage whatever the fire button can't be accidently depressed. It can happen. A few clicks is worth the safety.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Always...
I've looked at phone pouches and the like and not found much that I liked so, my Aegis Solo with Berserker on top goes in my right pants pocket.

Same here, besides, I already have one belt phone pouch for my phone.

When I'm not wearing pants with a belt, I'm another one of the 'cool kids' that uses a fanny pack :). But that's just big enough for my phone, wallet, ear buds and a small lock for a gym locker. My Pico and Doggy always travel in my pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread