How do I report a site that sold vape equipment to a minor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Account made just for this post then never returned.
OP was trolling or setting us up or?

Or Maybe they got the Answer they were Looking for?
Or Maybe they Didn't like what they were told here?
Or Maybe what was Posted gave them pause, and they are Rethinking things?
Or Maybe some New Facts have come to light since the OP made their Original Post?
Or Maybe...

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Beating+the+dead+horse.jpg

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Honestly, I'm kind of amazed at the judgmental attitude here. Apparently none of you remember being a teenager and making mistakes. Sorry I asked.

When I was a teenager adults weren't deprived of adult things to save the children because we figured out ways to do them. And we got in trouble for getting caught doing them.

Also when I was a teenager I wish vaping was an option. I could've quit that 4 years later instead of 35 years later like smoking. Personally I think too much importance is put on keeping kids from vaping since smoking is still an option and nothing has stopped kids from smoking yet.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Honestly, I'm kind of amazed at the judgmental attitude here. Apparently none of you remember being a teenager and making mistakes. Sorry I asked.
You know based on your statement I decided I had to answer you. Yes, a teenager made "a mistake" - your words - and all you appeared to be concerned about is placing the blame on others. He made the mistake. OK. Reading between the lines it does not seem to be the first since you mentioned that you heard "scuttlebutt" that vape stuff was already found in his room previously. So apparently he's made at least two mistakes. He also lied and said he was of age when the website asked. That's 3 "mistakes" Sure teens make mistakes. I think that the adults should be the ones helping to prevent these mistakes not making excuses and placing the blame on others. You cannot contact every vape company in the world to tell them not to sell to him if he is purposefully circumventing and lying.

What good would it do to contact the vape company? Without interference and/or consequences, he will likely just get another prepaid card if his by some chance has been taken away and find another website and misrepresent his age.

You can attempt to set an example as a responsible adult by letting him know that he should not have done it and by explaining about consequences of his actions. What is so wrong about that? I thought collectively we gave you lots of helpful advice that apparently you did not like and then you come back with a whiny statement.

Good riddance! Over and out.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I kind of agree with the above, although less vehemently. No one was out to get you or the kid. You explained your situation, and you received responses. And no, not the kid's first mistake.

You know, a lot of us here vaping made our "first mistake" by "trying" tobacco, sometimes illegally.

I have made MY SHARE of errors in this world, and the one I would most take back would be smoking. While I am happy vaping is available as harm reduction, I would still prefer to be a never smoker with a never smoker's lungs.

No one here supports underage vaping, and neither should you, as a responsible adult. It's not the vape shop's fault, if the minor engaged in illegal acts to get successfully verified, which MAY well be what happened.

I'm sorry your "feelings" were hurt, but there are as yet still no long term vaping studies, so really, look at it more as "how can I handle this better than getting on the vape shop's case.

I promise, a homeless person or another student stands at the ready to enable your teen's addiction.. Tell the parents.

Anna

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
You know based on your statement I decided I had to answer you. Yes, a teenager made "a mistake" - your words - and all you appeared to be concerned about is placing the blame on others. He made the mistake. OK. Reading between the lines it does not seem to be the first since you mentioned that you heard "scuttlebutt" that vape stuff was already found in his room previously. So apparently he's made at least two mistakes. He also lied and said he was of age when the website asked. That's 3 "mistakes" Sure teens make mistakes. I think that the adults should be the ones helping to prevent these mistakes not making excuses and placing the blame on others. You cannot contact every vape company in the world to tell them not to sell to him if he is purposefully circumventing and lying.

What good would it do to contact the vape company? Without interference and/or consequences, he will likely just get another prepaid card if his by some chance has been taken away and find another website and misrepresent his age.

You can attempt to set an example as a responsible adult by letting him know that he should not have done it and by explaining about consequences of his actions. What is so wrong about that? I thought collectively we gave you lots of helpful advice that apparently you did not like and then you come back with a whiny statement.

Good riddance! Over and out.

NICE! A simple thumbs up wasn't enough.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I don't see what the big deal is. I started smoking when I was 14 and could walk into any convience store and buy cigarettes with no questions asked. Damn nanny state made new laws about minors.

Not so sure they made so many new laws. Back in the late 50's early 60's when I was a kid, the law required you to be 18 to buy cigarettes. Not that they anyone enforced it. I used to go to the store for my grandfather as early as 10 years old to buy smokes for him. The store just assumed it was for my parent or other adult relative. It was a different time and they knew most everyone, they may have even asked my parents or grandfather when they saw him if it was ok.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
This is reminding me of how much (mainly while pregnant and a reluctant non smoker) I wished to live in say Anais Nin times, where she had the 'consumption" and doctors told her to smoke more and fortify her lungs and etc.

Okay, I do understand that overall, life expectancy has increased and all that good stuff, but I did (more than occasionally) wistfully wonder about what life was like when cigarette smoking was entirely guilt FREE. And, patent medicines!

With that said, there is a balance between "overall freedom" and teens being jerks, and it should be found. By the PARENTS, not so much by trying to regulate products into infinity.

I'm no supporter of minors vaping unless they were smokers first, and even then, I still think it should be entirely and wholly UP to the parents.

I read a recent study that it takes about a million dollars to raise a kid to 18. That's a huge investment, and if some relative of mine had wanted to enable my kid, I would have been FUROUS. Lack of "knowledge" is one thing (my mom was clueless) but knowing coming to ask for help and then blowing it off.. NO.

Anna

Reactions: Beamslider

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
This is reminding me of how much (mainly while pregnant and a reluctant non smoker) I wished to live in say Anais Nin times, where she had the 'consumption" and doctors told her to smoke more and fortify her lungs and etc.

Okay, I do understand that overall, life expectancy has increased and all that good stuff, but I did (more than occasionally) wistfully wonder about what life was like when cigarette smoking was entirely guilt FREE. And, patent medicines!

With that said, there is a balance between "overall freedom" and teens being jerks, and it should be found. By the PARENTS, not so much by trying to regulate products into infinity.

I'm no supporter of minors vaping unless they were smokers first, and even then, I still think it should be entirely and wholly UP to the parents.

I read a recent study that it takes about a million dollars to raise a kid to 18. That's a huge investment, and if some relative of mine had wanted to enable my kid, I would have been FUROUS. Lack of "knowledge" is one thing (my mom was clueless) but knowing coming to ask for help and then blowing it off.. NO.

Anna

I don't know if I would go that far but we have lost something. As I said I am older back when I was a kid it was a lot simpler life for most people. No electronics no cameras everywhere, no cell phones or internet. You went to the movies or watched TV with the family. Most people had a phone in the house but not much used. If it rang,you knew something must be wrong or someone died or something.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I don't know if I would go that far but we have lost something. As I said I am older back when I was a kid it was a lot simpler life for most people. No electronics no cameras everywhere, no cell phones or internet. You went to the movies or watched TV with the family. Most people had a phone in the house but not much used. If it rang,you knew something must be wrong or someone died or something.
And don't forget you actually went outside to play. Imagine that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread