How do I report a site that sold vape equipment to a minor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Refusing to say something to the parents might also be problematic if the parents are allowing it and/or making the purchases for the kid..

How many of us would buy our kids vape gear rather than see them smoke?

I vote for way more reasons than one this problem needs to be addressed by those adults who are responsible for raising this child to adulthood..

Not someone outside the home.

This is what's wrong with this country, no one thinks parenting is the job of parents anymore!

Let them raise their own child, and certainly let them know prior to calling law enforcement on their sons illegal behavior for God's sake!

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I'm talking more about the identity theft, honestly. Although if Vape Wild doesn't verify, yeah, I guess he could have saved up for a prepaid card at Walmart or something.

However, it's still deviant, if the moment his parents discovered him vaping, and he immediately found a way to purchase/obtain more. That's.... Well, maybe I will use a different D word, "Determined."

Still think going to the parents is the way to go. IDK, maybe my family was more cohesive or something, but there was not an uncle or aunt EVER who'd have been willing to enable that kind of behavior. Teens are hard ENOUGH.

Anna

VapeNW not wild, without registering I can't tell if they have the magical age verification or if they only have the age to enter the site. But they definitely do ask so in the least the kid lied. They don't have anything in a price I want to spend to check (or would I necessarily know). I found an ancient ECF post (before I came back to vaping) where they didn't so people were using them because of that.

I have no idea who you would report a website to. Possibly FDA. I'm not even sure if that is actually a federal law yet.
If they don't have the age verification check like they should the kid will simply find somewhere else even if he has to go to a gas station or order from China. At some point the parents need to take responsibility for raising their own kids.
It does not take a village, it takes parents.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
VapeNW not wild, without registering I can't tell if they have the magical age verification or if they only have the age to enter the site. But they definitely do ask so in the least the kid lied. They don't have anything in a price I want to spend to check (or would I necessarily know). I found an ancient ECF post (before I came back to vaping) where they didn't so people were using them because of that.

I have no idea who you would report a website to. Possibly FDA. I'm not even sure if that is actually a federal law yet.
If they don't have the age verification check like they should the kid will simply find somewhere else even if he has to go to a gas station or order from China. At some point the parents need to take responsibility for raising their own kids.
It does not take a village, it takes parents.

VapeNW is under new owners since the fire and I've only ordered from them once since the new company bought it..

I do know their customer service sucks as a general rule - tons of complaints under the new ownership too..

I don't remember what they do for age verification, anything they did on me transferred from old ownership I think..

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
VapeNW is under new owners since the fire and I've only ordered from them once since the new company bought it..

I do know their customer service sucks as a general rule - tons of complaints under the new ownership too..

I don't remember what they do for age verification, anything they did on me transferred from old ownership I think..

I would assume they have something then. That's how RTS to Nicotine Giant went, same verification system carried over.

So the kid just needs internet taken away except under supervision until he's 18.
I really don't understand why anyone thinks anything but them can stop their kids from doing stuff on the internet.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
OK, must be my server.
This is what I get:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Maybe they think I'm underage...:shock:

Do you have parental blocks on your computer?

You do have to be 18 to enter the site so if you have any blocks you might have to change them under your admin account.

Reactions: stols001

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Do you have parental blocks on your computer?

You do have to be 18 to enter the site so if you have any blocks you might have to change them under your admin account.
    No parental blocks.
    Must be a Centurylink or server issue.
    I was able to connect this AM.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I never put parental controls on my kid, but every now and then if the husband or I were concerned, well he had this method of IDK, tracking every place the kid's been? I was MORE concerned about the fact that he had anime "womanly portraits" that weren't quite balanced with "actual womanly portraits."

So yes, you can monitor even without parental controls.

But, buy your kid a car? Safety time is over. The only reason I got my kid one was he wanted to attend "public school" and I figured it was "slightly safer" than the buses.

Yeah, not so much :( Which is why if a parent should be informed of something, it can sometimes be imperative to do so quickly.

So, if the kiddo attends school, well he can pretty much get into trouble. The ONLY solution is for parents to remain informed.

Right before I "yanked" my kid from public school and forced him to get a GED, I "policed" him before and after school. He was not hard to "shadow" at all, but I wanted to be good and sure I had enough "hard time" for him to serve, as it were, before he turned 18.

I wish I'd saved all that baby worry for age 13---30. I could've really used it.

Anna

Reactions: ShamrockPat

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    The one that someone from the FDA defeated somehow, and got Randy a nice letter? o_O

That type of stuff is wrong. If you hack or lie or otherwise break the law it's not the responsibility of the business who tried to stop you because you were better at it.
    The way it looks on my end is I have a house that I have owned for 30 years, it's obvious I'm of age. If someone fakes that information it's not the business who is at fault.

And the same goes for sending old looking but under aged kids with government supplied "fake" IDs into liquor stores. The government is who is doing all the crimes there starting with supplying a real ID with false information to the underaged person.

OK, must be my server.
    This is what I get:
    Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Maybe they think I'm underage...:shock:

I had something like that with one lone site, I could get on the site fine using a VPN, it took rebooting my desktop and router. I can't figure it out.

chellie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    Maybe not the most popular of opinions but rather than trying to blame a vape company or any company ----how about the parents accepting responsibility? You said the mother already mentioned something about vape stuff in his room. How do you know that his mom did not authorize it?

Although the company does not have deep checks - they do ask if you are legal age before entering the website.

And since it is not your credit card, the company is not going to give you any info so I do not see a point in escalating. You do not appear to be his legal guardian. They are not going to give you any info.

I have nieces and nephews and I do understand wanting to help and protect. I even understand keeping confidentiality so that they know they have an adult they can trust. Since you believe he is overall a good kid perhaps a conversation about right and wrong, truth and honesty and consequences of one's actions might be more appropriate - especially coming from a trusted adult.

I've had similar situations that I had the talk with them and explained that if it happens in the future I will go straight to the parents. I agree that 15 is young but not a total baby.

I am very tough so you may hate what I have to say --that's my opinion.

Last edited:

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts
    The kid lied & broke the law.
    Return the package and tell his folks. They deserve to know.
    He might have stolen their credit card to buy the stuff.
    vapenw.jpg

chellie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    I was a sneaky kid. It made me a better parent to my own sneaky kid. I did not succeed every time but I did, enough.

Also, the kiddos I worked with taught me a few tricks. But, I don't think the OP has been back, so I will leave it there.

Anna
    By nature, I am a very cautious person --when I see folks that come on to blast the ecig industry or to complain of an issue -- as a new member with one post to never return --I wonder if they are advocates for the other side --either paid for or not.

Trust me that I am not being paranoid --I have a relative that works in low-level politics and the tactics they use are just awful. They have teams of people that do just what I described.

Mowgli picked up on that as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread