How do I cut down the nic level of my e-juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Luv Vaping

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2009
Portland, Oregon
I have 12 mg nicotine juice that I would like to cut down to 6 mg nicotine. I don't know what to cut it with. Do I just use p-glycol, or distilled water?Also I would like to know when I do wean myself off nicotine completely, what ingredients would I use to make my vaping juice, just vape p-glycol only? (I like vaping, but I don't like being addicted to nicotine and I'm weaning myself off the nicotine.)Thanks!

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I have 12 mg nicotine juice that I would like to cut down to 6 mg nicotine. I don't know what to cut it with. Do I just use p-glycol, or distilled water?Also I would like to know when I do wean myself off nicotine completely, what ingredients would I use to make my vaping juice, just vape p-glycol only? (I like vaping, but I don't like being addicted to nicotine and I'm weaning myself off the nicotine.)Thanks!

The way to cut nicotine level yet maintain flavor is to get a 0mg ejuice of the same flavor that you're using. Another way would be to do as you suggest - blend it with Propylene Glycol or Vegetable Glycerin and then adding flavoring. Of course a 50/50 blend of 12mg and 0mg will get you 6mg nicotine.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
[NOTE: I composed the following prior to seeing Kent's post. Much of this overlaps (and reinforces) Kent's always sound advice.]

Strictly from a nicotine level point of view, add the same quantity of pure PG and/or VG. If your current e-liquid is all PG, I recommend about half of each to arrive at a 75% PG / 25% VG mix: good for vapor, flavor, and TH.

However ... that ignores the flavoring. If that's all you do, you'll not only cut the nicotine in half but the flavor as well. So add in the same or compatible flavoring (e.g., from DIYFlavorShack, FlavourArt from FreedomSmokeUSA, or LiteCigUSA's Americano): approximately 10-20% flavoring and 80-90% PG/VG.

OR do it the easy way: Mix in 0mg flavored e-liquid, e.g., from:

• LiteCigUSA: good selection in 10 ml or 30 ml quantities [free shipping]

Enjoy the adventure!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread