Horizon Tech Phantom Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokyribs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
California
Just purchased this new sub~ohm tank by Horizon Tech called the Phantom tank.

Its a very unique tank in that it comes with a side fill function and two separate glass sections much like the Sense Cyclone tank.

Holds a rather massive 5ml of liquid and features a unque juice recycling system and a cooling system.

phantomtank1_1.jpeg

Has anyone purchased theirs yet?

smokyribs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
California
@Katmar Vapor production is not as great as the TFV4 or the Uwell Crown and flavor is also slightly muted.

This might be due to the coils not being primed so I'll vape through a tank or two first and see if it gets better.

Construction quality wise, the tank is every bit as good as the other higher end sub ohm tanks and the side fill function is great for filling up the tank albeit it being a little slower as it takes a while for the juice to enter the port holes.

One really good thing about this tank is that it doesn't leak or hasn't for now.

Height wise, its the tallest tank i have till date and towers over every single other tank I have.

The occ is 316l stainless steel so those with SS enabled TC devices can run it on TC mode as well.

The tank has great air flow though not as airy as the atlantis v2 or the tfv4 on quad coils.

Overall, its a pretty decent tank and is pretty unique in the way it fills.

The rba section that ships with it has somewhat anemic looking tiny airflows at the bottom. I haven't had the chance to try building on them yet but they're likely to give a tighter draw and is like the aspire triton's RBA in that you screw the leads of your coil to both the top and bottom of the RBA unit.

I plain and simply HATE this tank....Worst leaking tank I have ever owned. Black "recycled" juice that is supposed to drip back down to the coil, literally pours out the air intake holes at the bottom of the tank. Ive ruined like 3 shirts already and stained my couch. Flavor is muted compared to the Atlantis, and filling this through the side hole, although convenient is a slow frustrating process. Really wish I hadnt stocked up heavily on coils, so I could justify parking this tank for good.

Reactions: Cariessa

Cariessa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2014
Indiana, United States
I just received mine yesterday. I fail to see the advantage of the duel chamber system. I dig the side fill concept but design of the opening dictates a very slow fill with my thicker juices, the other choice is a mess.

Upon disassembly and further inspection I fail to see the point of the duel tank system. What's the advantage to having duel chambers in your eyes, smokyribs? Because near as I can tell there's no way to carry two flavors without mixing them. Near as I can tell the side opening fills both tanks at the same time. When closed, the opening between the tanks is closed so to allow juice from the top tank to flow into the bottom you have to open the side opening again which, at least in my case, allows juice to flow out the side opening. The only way to prevent it is to lay the tank on it's side. All this accomplishes is to level the amount of juice in the two tanks, not empty the top tank into the bottom.

Am I missing something? I've found no detailed instructions in the materials shipped with the tank.
Also not impressed with vapor production or flavor. My herakles or Atlantis v1 make this tank look like a protank.

Just purchased this new sub~ohm tank by Horizon Tech called the Phantom tank.

Its a very unique tank in that it comes with a side fill function and two separate glass sections much like the Sense Cyclone tank.

Holds a rather massive 5ml of liquid and features a unque juice recycling system and a cooling system.

phantomtank1_1.jpeg

Has anyone purchased theirs yet?

Cariessa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2014
Indiana, United States
I plain and simply HATE this tank....Worst leaking tank I have ever owned. Black "recycled" juice that is supposed to drip back down to the coil, literally pours out the air intake holes at the bottom of the tank. Ive ruined like 3 shirts already and stained my couch. Flavor is muted compared to the Atlantis, and filling this through the side hole, although convenient is a slow frustrating process. Really wish I hadnt stocked up heavily on coils, so I could justify parking this tank for good.

Haven't experienced the leaking, but I'm still vaping on my first tank full... or two tanks full, or whatever. You sound as unimpressed with this POS as I am.

smokyribs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
California
So I've had this tank close to three weeks now so far its been working fine.

I think my initial impression is a little inaccurate due to how excited i was unboxing and vaping on it.

The side fill is gimmicky as i can fill up my tfv4, zephyrus or uwell crown to the brim without any issues and definitely much faster than this phantom tank.

Flavor on this tank isn't as pronounced and is in fact quite muted even after priming it up for a tank or two.

I don't see the benefits of the e juice recycling feature and in my opinion, that thing screws up the flavor as wasted e juice tend to change in flavor after being heated up.

rucni

ECF Veteran
i got the phantom last tuesday and its not a bad tank i think the arctic has better flavor, but i have never used anything with SS coils before. on my segeli (spelling) 100watt i have noticed that i use battery life alot faster than with my arctic. the side fill is a bit of a pain to fill but i got around that by using a medicine dropper with that came with a plug that fits into the top of my 120ml bottle. just fill the dropper and turn the side fill door to fit snugly around the end of the drop and inject juice. the only leaking issues i have had are from over filling. i just installed my second coil after roasting the first one trying to find that sweet spot between cloud and flavor. i normally run my tanks at 3.8 volts for flavor and cloud but this one seems to jump around, but that could be an issue with my mod having been dropped many times. i like that i have 5mls of juice but my first week i fill as much if not more than my arctic. i use Southern Tradition Back Porck Tobacco 3mg juice and its an 80vg 20pg. i have found that if i soak my new coils over night in a small container of juice i dont get any break in taste from coils and i can vape as soon as i put the coil in. as for the recycling system the last time i saw juice turn that dark after a few days of use i was still on protanks and learning how to use a VV VW mod. nice idea but a little juice in the mouth never hurt me. i havent used the RBA section yet but i have a coil a coworker made in it and will get to it sometime soon. fully armored glass is nice for me since i drop or knock over my mod all the time at work and i hate having to replace the glass. but if horizon made a 5ml upgrade section for the arctic i would buy it. i have used the atlantis v1 and v2, kanger sub tank, isub g, arctic, delta 2, and ego one tanks. out of all of them i have to say the arctic is my favorite. before subtanks i was a kayfun user and unil i went to thicker juice i loved it. but now i am spoiled and like having coils ready to pop in and vape without all the mess and headache of rewrapping and rewicking every few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread