Status
Not open for further replies.

BostLabs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Phoenix, AZ. USA
Howdy! :)

So in order to try to keep my sanity when I'm inside at work when I couldn't go outside and smoke a cigar. I chewed sugar free bubble gum. Loved it as a child (well it wasn't sugar free back then).

So I would pop 3 sticks in my mouth at a time just to get the bubble gum flavor. I would go through a pack of gum a day most of the time.

Now that I'm vaping (rounding up on 5 weeks Sunday) and can vape inside at my cubicle I forget about my gum.

So the other day I found a pack in my lunch pail. My wife places them there when every there isn't one in there. So I think "Great! Time for a good chew."

So I pop the standard 3 sticks in the ole pie hole and start chomping. Had to spit it out! WOOOO that is way too strong!

Next, after I got that taste out of my mouth. I hit one stick. Nope! Still no go.

So I made a bubble gum juice the other day (Monday). (freebie from Wizards Labs) I let it sit in a dark area to steep and decided to try it today.

Ahhh! Much better! I'll have to get more of the flavor.

So anyone else discover that stuff they used to eat/chew is now over powering in the taste department? :)

darkstorm

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2011
Colorado
www.vaportrailz.com
I loved the ability to really taste things again but there is a down side. I was taking out the trash a month or so after I started vaping and the smell made me....sick. Good thing I had some large plastic bags in my hands at the time but opening them made it far worse. Until I got adjusted my wife was on cat litter detail. Noticed that some peoples idea of personal hygiene was mercifully masked by my cigarette deadened senses. Oh well. I now know the value of good colognes and perfumes, do not think I really appreciated their value while smoking.

eric1973

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2013
Dayton
As my taste buds were returning from quitting analogs I have found myself eating and vaping to compliment one another. It mostly happened by accident; I had eaten an overpoweringly strong tasting banana and shortly after vaped some of the blueberry cheesecake sitting on my desk. I almost fell over. Wow that was an awesome taste.

Ever since, coffee (now weakened) goes with a good danish or cinnamon roll vape. Chai tea and a butterscotch vape, white rabbit, etc. The list goes on. Food has become stronger, but my taste buds and sense of smell have become more acute. Sometimes, this is great.
Mix inappropriately, however... not so great.

Red_Bird

Moved On
Apr 11, 2013
Montgomery County, NY
OHH YEA!! Almost everything tastes so much better now, the only problem I have is that I can no longer stand the taste of coffee.:(
I will admit that I didn't drink coffee until long after I started smoking cigs so I might never have liked it if I had never smoked at all.

Try hazelnut coffee now as a non smoker. Its great...never liked it much before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread