Hi, This is Sujit

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2023
I am new here, I don't vape though. What do you suggest me? Should I vape or not?
In the end I would say, no, unless you are already a smoker and are looking for a way to quit. Vaping is harm reduction, not harm elimination. It’s less bad than cigarettes. That’s not a real high bar though it does vault over it.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
If you don't already smoke, there is no need for you to start vaping. The majority of us here used vaping to get off tobacco. Myself, I smoked for 42 years. I tried everything to quit smoking and vaping was the thing that did it for me. If you don't already have a nicotine addiction, it's a bad idea for you to develop one.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I don't, but my friends does. They look very nice... thats why
    Peer pressure and nicotine use can be very insidious. That is how I got hooked on cigarettes for 30 years.

Chances are there is probably no access to zero nicotine disposable vapes in your part of the world, and you will rely on whatever is available. Not only are they costly, but are also a huge drain on the environment in terms of energy resources and litter.

I have a friend who never smoked cigarettes and took up vaping out of boredom during the first Covid pandemic. Thinking that 5% nicotine disposables were probably no big deal, he now regrets taking it up and is hopelessly addicted.

Coming to this forum to ask if it's a good idea indicates to me that you probably are already vaping and need validation. Just note that most of us here are using high-end reusable gear and are making our own eliquid to dial in what is appropriate for our needs as ex-smokers and know exactly what we are inhaling.

If you have never smoked cigarettes and haven't started vaping, you might consider being an example to your friends and not be a follower. They will be looking at you with envy in a short while.

Last edited:

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    Welcome to ECF, sujitdas. I'd have to wholeheartedly agree with all the above answers to your question. It's been said so I'll say it again, if you don't smoke - don't start vaping. If you can get or already have access to 0 nic ejuice, you can try it out I guess (vaping that is), I guess. But as someone who thought for a few seconds about being a doctor, I'd have to say No.

sujitdas

Apr 4, 2024
    In the end I would say, no, unless you are already a smoker and are looking for a way to quit. Vaping is harm reduction, not harm elimination. It’s less bad than cigarettes. That’s not a real high bar though it does vault over it.
    I don't smoke, but my colleagues are, and it looks so fascinating

Reactions: smacuser

sujitdas

Apr 4, 2024
    Peer pressure and nicotine use can be very insidious. That is how I got hooked on cigarettes for 30 years.

Chances are there is probably no access to zero nicotine disposable vapes in your part of the world, and you will rely on whatever is available. Not only are they costly, but are also a huge drain on the environment in terms of energy resources and litter.

I have a friend who never smoked cigarettes and took up vaping out of boredom during the first Covid pandemic. Thinking that 5% nicotine disposables were probably no big deal, he now regrets taking it up and is hopelessly addicted.

Coming to this forum to ask if it's a good idea indicates to me that you probably are already vaping and need validation. Just note that most of us here are using high-end reusable gear and are making our own eliquid to dial in what is appropriate for our needs as ex-smokers and know exactly what we are inhaling.

If you have never smoked cigarettes and haven't started vaping, you might consider being an example to your friends and not be a follower. They will be looking at you with envy in a short while.
    :greengrin::greengrin: True Thank you :)

Reactions: smacuser

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2023
    I am from India. Vaping is less popular here... more of a smoking culture.. but dispo devices are getting popular day by day...
    The advantage of disposables is only if it is illegal. They are much more expensive long term, but because each is not, if it is confiscated you are out less. Rebuildables have a higher up front cost, but in the long term are much much cheaper. And they allow TC which mechs like disposables do not. If vaping is illegal they make some sense. If it is legal though rebuildables offer much better economics

Users who are viewing this thread