Helping my brother make the switch. I need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i told my Mom how i mentioned to my brother about making the switch.
He is very interested, but she wants to do the research i already did herself.
Annoying, when you tell someone all this info and they act like you're talking out of your ......
but i'm putting my foot in my mouth and letting her do what she wants.
I told her i'd email her some websites to research which one to get him.

He smokes marb reds (as do i but the 100's - i haven't gotten my PV yet.. its shipping still)
used to be a pack a day, nearly a chain smoker, not quite.
Plus with all the abbreviations,idk how she's going to understand it all.
took me a while to even slightly sort of get it.

so websites with good info on different styles?
and good websites to order from?

Phantompigbee5

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2010
Louisville, Ky
Hello, It is so great you are helping your brother, and yes it is hard to understand when you research alot and then explain to a person who is completely in the dark. My son-in-law marlboro man chain smoker was a hard one to convert, he started on the joye510 stainless, marlboro ejuice, 24mg, no fancy flavors for him. For Christmas I am getting him an JoyEgo in blue cause he is a wildcat fan. But for my first order and great info for your Mom I called ecigbestsave.com wrote down everything I wanted from the website and all my questions and we talked about it. Very sweet guys. Hope this helps.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
The best website is here. The sticky threads at the top of the New members forum, especially the Newbie videos and the thread with Library in its title (which leads to a section with a great multipart illustrated guide). Both of those cover popular models that work well.

I'd say for a chain-smoking Marlboro reds habit, stay away from the super-minis (you'll see what they are in part 4 of the guide in the library). I get by on a super-mini but I was a slow-dragging lights and ultralights smoker, and not a chain smoker. And in general, tell her to stay away from mall kiosks, and sophisticated looking websites with branded models unless you know what the model really is, whether it's crippled in an way so that you have to buy all parts from them, whether the price is jacked up, etc.

Re carts+atty or cartos (cartomizers), that's a personal preference for the user. Some models like the popular 510 can be configured either way.

rogerdugans

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
A house in the US
I second what dormouse said- while there is so much info here that it may be intimidating to someone who is just trying to figure out where and how to begin, it is also the best place I know to get ALL the information.

For most (not all) chainsmokers, a super-mini or mini aren't likely to cut it. a big battery 510 style unit or better is probably best to start with from what I have read. I've never had one, but I went from small to a juice feeder. For us full-blown chain smokers I think starting on the small, cheap side is good but a juice-fed mod device of some sort may be needed to finally quit.

We used to have kiosks in the malls here, they banned the sales of them IN Oregon apparently? but you can order them online just fine. weird how its legal to smoke them here, but they cant be sold? kinda weird.

Edit- he's waiting to try mine once i get it to see if it cuts it for him.
I ordered different levels of e-juice so couldn't he get by if he had stonger ejuice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread