Got wife and eGO and need HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

myselfnjit

Jun 12, 2010
NY
Hi all
I just got my wife a Joye eGO and it arrived yesterday. Let me start by saying that I am not a smoker of any kind and my wife has been smoking for 14 years.

She first tried a BLU of a friends and thought it was interesting and kinda close to using a cigarette. She has been thinking about quiting for a while but is really not sure if she can or is ready. The ecig seemed like a good place to start. I did some research and found the eGO as highly recommended and got it. She has used it 3 times with the Marb high carts it came with and is already VERY unhappy with it.

She says it doesnt taste like a cig, there is no "throat hit" as I think you guys call it. She is just unhappy. I tried it and I got taste and a burn in my throat but who am I to say. I am also pulling pretty hard but she understandably wants to pull like her normal cigs.

What can I do? New juice?? Advice!!! I am worried that this first road block might stop her from being interested.

thanks a bunch

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Prefilled cartridge liquid is the pits!

Finding a liquid you like is the worst part about using the e-cig to quit. Try to find a supplier that sells samples and have her start off with tobacco flavors, maybe a fruit flavor (or two) and some menthol (great throat hit and kills off cravings for cigarettes).

A few that I know of are:

Vapor Station
Highly recommended great flavors and good liquid!

Smoke Juice: Sample Pack Electronic Cigarette Liquid 6 Flavo.-.eCigarettes | Electronic Cigarette | Our American Made Smoke Juice for eCigarettes | e-Cigarettes E Cigarettes USA eCigarette: Cloud 9 Smoking eCigarettes:

The Smokeless Shop - Liquid.and Cartridges

cyberwolf

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
You are probably on the right track in thinking about more juice. The juice that comes in the cartridges typically gives a poor impression. A burnt taste may also mean that the atty is not wet enough, and dripping a couple of drops directly on the bridge of the atomizer is the way to resolve that. One question, though, did you "blow out" the atomizer before using it? Atties are shipped with fluid on them to keep them saturated until use. It won't hurt you, but doesn't taste good. Just hold a paper towel against the battery end and blow through them from the mouthpiece end to clear them out. Since you don't mention having juice, let them sit for a little while with the cartridge on and give them a few forceful shakes to get some juice from the cartridge to the atty.

PlanetScribbles is right that slow 5 second inhales will give a much better result than the quick puffs of a cigarette.

$hua

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
SomeWhereOverTheRainbow, GA
Aside from the great advice of others to get different juices.... which is 100% a good idea.. another thing, tobacco flavored juices are really hit or miss from what ive been seeing and reading.. though it seems there are couple tobacco flavored juices sold from a couple well respected vendors.. for example.. RY4 all around seems to be a good juice to take care of the cigarette flavor cravings.. I myself like diyflavorshack's Caramel RY4.. followed by RY4 from madvapes. There are plenty others though.. and not just in the RY4 variant... ive read 555 is a good one too.

So juice aside, the biggest recommendation that i can give you, is for YOU to point HER to HERE (ECF). The information to be attained within these "walls" is pretty massive.. her best bet is to read around what has worked for others and through that find something that will work best for her... BUT, ultimately, SHE has to want to do this.

Good luck to the both of you,

Sprizzle

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Near Chicago, IL
Have your wife check out VaporBomb.com Get several small size bottles in different flavors. They have some tobacco flavors. I would also suggest getting a few non tobacco flavors. Start around 18 mg and go up or down from there, if she feels like she needs more or less strength. Also, a lot of people seem to like the mix of 80 PG/ 20 VG for flavor/throat hit/vapor production.

Head over to the ECF Library and read http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ping-illustrated-guide-e-cigs-part-1-6-a.html (there are 6 parts). It is a good read for people that are new to using a PV.

If your wife or you have any questions people on this board are very helpful, don't hesitate to ask!

topaz_stone71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Central Ohio
I smoked Marlboro in some form (lights, ultra, reds and menthol) in my 23 years of smoking. The Marlboro carts are yucky. You expect the tobacco flavors to taste like a cig and they just don't. They taste more like a tobacco shop smells (if that makes sense). You won't find a juice that tastes like burning paper, carpet glue and tobacco. I'm having so much fun with my Tasty Vapor and Ms T's Bakery juices right now. Once you get past the expectation that this will be just like smoking, you find you like it more than smoking. I'm not big on throat hit. I really don't want to feel like I'm about to start hacking up a hairball so I can't really help there.

I've always smoked by drawing the smoke into my mouth and then into my lungs. My understanding is that if you do a straight inhale, you get more of a throat hit (suck the smoke straight into your lungs). Yep, just tried that and it hit hard. cough cough You do have to change the way you inhale. It really is like drinking a thick milkshake through a straw. A long, slow, steady pull rather than a quick puff.

PaulCincy

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2010
Cincinnati OH
Hello and Welcome,
I bought a Janty Ego in Feb and stopped smoking on that day...Was a pack and a half smoker for over 26 years....For me, the Ego is great, but like a lot of people I had to learn how to vape...It is not like smoking in some ways...
Have two suggestions...One, like everyone here stated, go and buy some Ejuice from the dealers listed on this forum...Some places even have samplier packs, with 5 different flavors in them....
Two, think about getting some Low Resistance Attys - same attys for the popular 510 model...I have found they supply a stronger TH and more vapor...They do fail faster, but you can find some real cheap ones on line....
This is a forum social group for the Ego people that you might want to also check out..
Hopes this helps...Enjoy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread