Help with My Brand New Dripper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys...so i went to Buy a new Dripper today...it's My First, normally i Smoke Hookah and can't Carry it in Public, Now I Need help, when the Guy Built It In the store it worked 100% and Now that i got home and Charged the battery, Its not working at all, The Build is Here Below

Sentinel M16 SS mod clone
Stillare rda Clone Black
100mah EFest 18650 30A
and I got Liquid and charger as well
guava Green Forest Vapor Liquid 15ml 6mg
Litecore d2 digicharger\

It Made Loads of smoke in the shop... now It wont Even discharge

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
If you have a regulated mod like a vamo, svd, zmax, etc, you could easily check if your dripper is working.

my guess is when you put the battery in the mech mod, it's not making top and bottom contact so you're not getting power.

on the other hand, your coil could have gotten shorted out on the top cap and you could be dancing with a pipe bomb.

mech mods are for advanced vapers and by the sounds of it the store was irresponsible sending you off with a mech and a dripper and my guess is he probably put in a 0.3 ohm coil; heck i hope it's not that place giving people gplatt coils.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
With a mechanical mod like the M16, if the battery is charged and it's not firing at all, contact surfaces somewhere in the mod or the atty are not making contact, the coil broke or there is a short somewhere. If it was a short you would have a lot of heat in some part of the setup, so I'm thinking it's not that.

My first thought is the 510 atty connection between the atty and the mod. A friend of mine has a M16 clone which has a screw 510 center pin. If yours is like that, unscrew the top of the M16 which the atty screws onto, unscrew that 510 pin a bit, screw on the atty all the way and screw in the 510 screw snug on the atty but not too tight. Put the mod back together and try it.

Let us know how it goes :)

Last edited:

FallenRawToast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
LA, CA, USA, NA, SOL
well just put the atty on your multimeter, and test its resistance, that will tell you if there is a short.... then take your multimeter test your batteries voltage and the voltage at the 510 connector when you push the fire button.

Yes I already know you dont have a multimeter.... that is my point GO BUY ONE!! Playing with mech's without a multimeter is just pure idiocy.

FallenRawToast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
LA, CA, USA, NA, SOL
well just put the atty on your multimeter, and test its resistance, that will tell you if there is a short.... then take your multimeter test your batteries voltage and the voltage at the 510 connector when you push the fire button.

Yes I already know you dont have a multimeter.... that is my point GO BUY ONE!! Playing with mech's without a multimeter is just pure idiocy.

nothing You guys have said Worked...I think I might just Take it back into the Shop and get them to Fix it

So NOTHING we said worked? You busted out your multimeter and tested just as I said, and got zero results? Well that must mean the battery in your multimeter needs replacing. Go ahead, replace the battery in that multimeter, and get back to us with the results on the 3 places I suggested you test. 1 for Ohms and 2 for Volts.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
Seriously, if they are going to ban something, this is where they should start. This whole idea of cash and carry is dangerous. If you want a dripper, you should learn how to build a proper dripper. You should NOT be able to pay anonymous person to build one for you, and then wonder why it wont work. This right here is insanity. And it is bad for future the hobby. As bad as the competition aspect some like to promote.

My microwave is a really great tool in the kitchen. But it can blow my entire house into a big smoking hole if I get a little bit stupid or get incredibly lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread