Another new member

Status
Not open for further replies.

somletom

Oct 5, 2014
Norway
Just wanted to pop in and say hi, as I just registered my account on this site.

Im norwegian, been a smoker until I tried vaping about 75 days ago - havent touched an old fashioned sigarette since then!

Started out with a Vision Spinner v2, then got an Itaste VTR, Then a Sid (15W), then a Vamo v5, Then a Sentinel M16 mech (clone), Then a Smok Bec Pro.... mostly using pre-made tanks - Kanger Aerotank most of the time. But have got myself 4 drippers and 3 RBA's that I'm trying to get to work the way I want them to ;)
Now my missus have told me that I dont need any more devices. She also thinks that about 40 different juices, 120 aromas, some litres of pg/vg and a few bottles of Nic-source should be enough to keep me busy for a while - I tend to agree, but theres allways showing up some more of everything that I want to try.

Now I'm focusing om learning whatever I can when it comes to making my own juice. Started with some concentrates - that was pretty easy. Now I try to "build" some on my own from scratch.

Smoking was a pain in the a**. vaping is fun! But that its cheaper than smoking?? Dont think so :blink:

Avid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Smoking was a pain in the a**. Vaping is fun! But that its cheaper than smoking?? Dont think so :blink:

In the long run it is. Eventually you'll stop buying hardware (though that may take a while) and then it's just occasional supplies you'll need. And let's face it - you can't put a price on your life, right?

Welcome to the Forum. :)

cheshirefire

Oct 5, 2014
london, uk
Just wanted to pop in and say hi, as I just registered my account on this site.

Im norwegian, been a smoker until I tried vaping about 75 days ago - havent touched an old fashioned sigarette since then!

Started out with a Vision Spinner v2, then got an Itaste VTR, Then a Sid (15W), then a Vamo v5, Then a Sentinel M16 mech (clone), Then a Smok Bec Pro.... mostly using pre-made tanks - Kanger Aerotank most of the time. But have got myself 4 drippers and 3 RBA's that I'm trying to get to work the way I want them to ;)
Now my missus have told me that I dont need any more devices. She also thinks that about 40 different juices, 120 aromas, some litres of pg/vg and a few bottles of Nic-source should be enough to keep me busy for a while - I tend to agree, but theres allways showing up some more of everything that I want to try.

Now I'm focusing om learning whatever I can when it comes to making my own juice. Started with some concentrates - that was pretty easy. Now I try to "build" some on my own from scratch.

Smoking was a pain in the a**. Vaping is fun! But that its cheaper than smoking?? Dont think so :blink:

I've had a similar experience. I think ecigs are brilliant. My only problem is I find they don't last very long . I have to buy new ones weekly, if it weren't for this they would certainly be cheaper than smoking, at least in the uk where tobacco taxes are nothing short of bullying.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
RA-YellowroseMouse207-welcome.gif
to ecf somletom. Glad to have you here. Congrats on the vaping. Isn't it wonderful. It's easy to a bit crazy at the beginning but at some point the spending slows down. I feel like I am saving so much by making my own juice and the simple coils I do. I haven't figured out if this is a hobby or an obsession yet though.
girl_haha.gif
Either way. . . it's fun. Good luck to you and I hope to read about your continued success.

smknomore

Verified Member
Oct 4, 2014
South of the river
Hello Somletom

I too am a new member and was a smoker, been smoke free now for a month. Already jumped into better mods and tanks etc etc.
Hey Norway is a beautiful place, was there in the early 80's on a NATO exercise. Tronheim (mind the spelling) and the north cape.
The only bad experience I had was the very cold temperatures it was 40 below most of the time. Whew
Well there was the fact that the USMC traded our rations to the Royal Marines for theirs, and they were all dehydrated meals, ugh.
Dehydrated mutton and peas :confused: It was impossible to rehydrate in the temperature extremms. Each Brit ration had a pkg of
Rolo chocolates which was what we lived on, although you had to carry them around for most of the day in your arm pit to thaw them
enough for eating, ha. Well I have gone a long way from vaping here, so my apologies, I just find it great there is such a world wide
passion for this smoking alternative.

Regards

smknomore

somletom

Oct 5, 2014
Norway
Thanks a lot for the welcomes!

As to my devices - none of them has broken yet. All functional - just needed some upgrades on the upgrades on the upgrade.

Working with own coils and juices - lots of fun! I have found a new hobby - thats for sure!

And.... Trondheim is allmost next to where I live. About 200 km away. Cold - yes... but I still love it here! There's allways spain if we need some sun ;)

Again - thanks for the warm welcome! I'll snook around to find even more additions to my new hobby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread