• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

help with Genesis in Grand Rapids

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyorion

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Michigan
I have just about given up on these. I have watched all of the videos and read all of the tutorials, and tried everything but just cannot get the dammed things to work. Using Aga T+ and DID clones. Did not like the Smoketek because the tank is hard to get off and clean

I don't vape below 2 ohm and use only about 4.5 v. Admittedly, I do vape sweeter juices, and that may be part of the problem.

I oxidize wicks with VG, tried the Peter K method and wrapped around the wick directly, annealed the coil, used a screw, slow pulse, tried different gages and wraps-except ribbon, etc.

My first problem is to get the coils to glow evenly. Do matter how much prodding or moving the coils around, only the top two or three glow. Tried wide spacing and narrow spacing.

Of course, they all burn out at the leg.

There does not seem to be a wicking problem. For the brief time that they do work, they go through juice pretty quickly and vape like a champ. But there has to be a better way than to rebuild the coil every two or three days.

Would someone be willing to sit down with me over a glass or two of beer/wine and go through with me the rebuilding of these bleeping things? I have not had these kinds of problems with silica/cotton with my other atty's.

Annie56

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
Don't give up on gennies. I am not sure that these are ever devices that you can always get to work. In time, you will get the device to work most of the time. With other toppers, you are talking about conductive resistance wire coils paired with non conductive wicking. The weirdness of the gennie is that you are using a metal wick. If there was a lightning storm up there in MI, would you go outside and wave a golf club around in it? I have 'played ' around w gennies for three months. By 'play around', I mean I come home from work every single day and rebuild a coil on a gennie, to
unwind. There are three vids--Zen, from 2011, eHuman, and pBusardo and pulse-oxidizing on the Aga. I also recommend wrapping on the wick, on the atty, for the best wick to wire contact. Oxidize is easier, but with the right wire tension, and position, you
do not need it. Wick straight up and down, no leaning into the pos pin.
I would also suggest talking to your coils, saying things like 'you're a good coil' or 'bad coil', but the other people @ the canine training center will start to look @ you funny.
Do not stress, do not try to build these things in a full-on nic fit. I would have a drink with you, but you prob root for the Wolverines.Peace and Happy Happy!!

~Ricky~

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2013
Enterprise, Alabama
Yes, please update the thread TonyOrion, I'm interested to hear of your progress.

T'nite I just tried to tinker w/my new genesis, and to no avail, lol. Figured I'd dive into it head first with SS wicks and dual coils. After a very long fight, I managed to at least get everything setup with the ohms I was shooting for, dry fired it and only got the legs of the coil to glow. *sigh*

Oh well, back to the drawing board!

"If at first (or second, or third, or...) you don't succeed..." as they way!

_abbenormal

May 10, 2012
marshall mi
hello tony

sorry to hear your having issue with the device... ive had many rba's over the last few years and do love them much better then cartos... but then im also a dripper... that likes multi flavors... anyway ill post here when im making a trip to gr to get some juice from mister-e and maybe we can get together might be able to help ya on a few of your devices... if no at least get together and meet and have coffee...

abbe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread