Help with flavor and ratio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redddog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2012
Rochester, NY
Hey there gang. Had a few questions to put out there...

So I've been primarily a purity tobacco guy. My favs have been all over the place - originally, DF then Gandy. After that, PB and now pretty much Serendipity. I've tried SF and oddly was not a fan. It didn't seem to have a ton of flavor for me. I've been pretty happy with 30/70 until now.

As a tobacco fan, I'd heard about H1N1 and went behind Heather's back and tried it. OK, I'm not proud and Heather and I worked it out after a long talk so we're ok. Don't worry about that. At any rate, as the H1N1 only comes in a 65/35 ratio, I did notice that 1. it seemed to wick better in my Aspire BDC and 2. the flavor was more intense. I know that flavor and viscosity are both improved with an increased PG ratio but was wondering if there was a way around that without increasing PG. I was actually envisioning going all VG (it just seems more healthy to me) so this is all new thinking to me.

Do you think adding an extra shot of flavor would solve the issue well enough? Does extra flavoring effect TH or lung heaviness? Would I be better off trying 40/60?

Just wondering if any of the gang has any experience with this.

Last, I was thinking about trying a choc/tobacco flavor and wondering whether you would do an Oompa or Temtation?

Thanks so much guys.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
dog, Ask Bunnykiller (PM if you have to and tell him I sent you) about extra flavoring in high VG juice. He has a good bit of experience with it. As for the choco tobaccos, try both Oompa and Temptation. To think I would know which one you would like more would be lying. They're both choco tobacco...dark choco.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Hey Redd...

I do primarily 100VG PB and Legend at 36 nic with 2X flavor shots in both... I find that the extra flavor in the 100VG does help quite a bit. Normal flavor at 100VG seems muted to flat at times ( well most of the time)...
Temptation is awesome... I tried a 24 nic 100VG with 2X flavor shot and the 10ml I got dissapeared in 2 days.... need to order some but in the 100ml size :)
Temptation reminds me of a dark dry cocoa powder flavor ( hints of it just enuf tho) the arouma of Temptation on exhale is something to experience when it is from someone else.... it has a wonderful smell... cant place it tho ( the arouma) definately worth trying..

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Hey there gang. Had a few questions to put out there... So I've been primarily a purity tobacco guy. My favs have been all over the place - originally, DF then Gandy. After that, PB and now pretty much Serendipity. I've tried SF and oddly was not a fan. It didn't seem to have a ton of flavor for me. I've been pretty happy with 30/70 until now. As a tobacco fan, I'd heard about H1N1 and went behind Heather's back and tried it. OK, I'm not proud and Heather and I worked it out after a long talk so we're ok. Don't worry about that. At any rate, as the H1N1 only comes in a 65/35 ratio, I did notice that 1. it seemed to wick better in my Aspire BDC and 2. the flavor was more intense. I know that flavor and viscosity are both improved with an increased PG ratio but was wondering if there was a way around that without increasing PG. I was actually envisioning going all VG (it just seems more healthy to me) so this is all new thinking to me. Do you think adding an extra shot of flavor would solve the issue well enough? Does extra flavoring effect TH or lung heaviness? Would I be better off trying 40/60? Just wondering if any of the gang has any experience with this. Last, I was thinking about trying a choc/tobacco flavor and wondering whether you would do an Oompa or Temtation? Thanks so much guys.
Dog I have to use 100%VG because I can't handle pg anymore , extra flavor/extract is a necessity IMO to make up the difference in flavor going that route . It doesn't affect TH but you may want to up your nic percentage a little to give you the same TH as pg . I can't speak for Oompa but Temptation is outstanding , very well balanced pipe tobacco with dark chocolate and buttercream frosting tones , but it's not overly sweet , I find DF much sweeter than Temptation , it's dam good juice .

redddog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2012
Rochester, NY
Thanks guys.

Any experience with flavor intensity going from a more heavy VG ratio to more balanced 50/50 ish? Also wondering about wicking. That H1N1 I have seems to wick better and the 30/70 legend I have even seems to have a slightly burned taste. Thinking because the thicker juice isn't flowing to the coil enough and thus producing a burned wick. Not sure though.

Does anyone know if HHV thins out heavy VG juices at all?

Thanks again guys.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Thanks guys. Any experience with flavor intensity going from a more heavy VG ratio to more balanced 50/50 ish? Also wondering about wicking. That H1N1 I have seems to wick better and the 30/70 legend I have even seems to have a slightly burned taste. Thinking because the thicker juice isn't flowing to the coil enough and thus producing a burned wick. Not sure though. Does anyone know if HHV thins out heavy VG juices at all? Thanks again guys.
HHV normalises their 100%VG but I find a variance in viscosity between all of them , I don't know what atty you're using but I've had no wicking issues vaping 100%VG HHV out of my Kayfun clones even while chain vaping , My favorite ratio was 20/80 in HHV but I can't use it anymore . There's always going to be a difference in flavor between juices with pg and 100%VG , the extra extract helps minimize that difference but doesn't eliminate it , also the higher VG juices take a little longer to steep . I do prefer the silkier mouthfeel of 100%VG though , seems a little richer in flavor but lacks the sharpness of juices with pg in them , it's a tradeoff either way .

redddog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2012
Rochester, NY
Yeah, I'm not a fancy guy. I use a spinner and an aspire BDC mini vivi nova. I get great peerformance out of that and don't see myself carrying around one of those light saber mods that everyone uses.

Anyway, I'm thinking about trying a 50/50 blend for the first time. I'm usually a 30/70 guy but I'm leaning towards the 50/50 to see how that wicks. I'll throw in an extra flavor shot for the hell of it.

Thanks man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread