PG/VG Ratio, HHV 50/50, Volt ratio, and loss of flavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmotron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
United States
Hey everyone!

My wife and I are trying to find out what ratio of PG/VG we like in our juice. We are doing 0mg juices and going for flavor more than anything. Neither of us are inhaling.

Our first foray was a Volt starter set with the Smooth Sampler (555, 5y, Cowboy, Desert Joe, Freedom) and the Sweet Sampler (Cherry, Watermelon, Grape, Chocolate, Vanilla). I loved the sweet flavors, except chocolate and vanilla, and she loved the tobacco flavors. A couple of days later we ordered some juice from Heather's Heavenly Vapors - Caramel Apple Tobacco, Vapin' Chimp, and Crackberry all in 50/50 pg/vg.

We are using these with Volt blank Cartos for the time being and the flavor on these is pretty awesome... for about 3-5 puffs and it starts to just taste bleh. They also dry out my mouth very fast - even with drinking water between vapes. However we were not experiencing this on the Volt flavors - I could chain-vape the pre-filled Cherry for a full 78mm Volt battery without any problem. We also picked up a bottle of Volt's Desert Joe (my wife's favorite) and this also has no problem with flavor loss.

I'm wondering if anyone knows what ratio Volt uses in their mixes? Would going higher ratio of VG to PG be causing our quick flavor loss and dry mouth on the HHV juices? Thoughts on flavors and PG/VG ratios?

Also: Ordered some Cherry with the flavor bomb option from Bomb Vapors last week at 70/30 PG/VG so I'll have to see how that acts as well when it arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread