Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe1291

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.myspace.com
I made the same mistake with getting the Blu myself, then I found ECF and got my 510 Kit with a PCC and the almighty USB pass-through and I'm in love with it. If you are still looking for a place toget one try Cignot.com, thats where I got my 510/PCC kit. They have good prices and I got it about 2-3 days after I ordered it, so their shipping was really good. I was unfortunately past the 30 window on my Blu (College diverted my attention as that window closed), but I did manage to pass it off to a friend who was e-cig curious, and got him to make the swap away from the analogs, so it wasn't a complete loss.

roxics

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
Detroit MI
If your low resistance atomizer heats up, chances are it's not dead. It probably just needs to be cleaned out. It's best to blow out your atomizers on a daily basis or everytime you switch flavors. It's pretty simple, just grab a napkin or paper towel and cover the battery end (but not tightly, you need room for it to breath) then blow as hard as you can through the mouth end. Obviously take the mouth piece or cartridge off for this. Once no more juice is coming out, clean off all the threads and you're good to go. 2-3 drops tops or you'll flood the thing.

Remember that atomizers are consumables. They aren't designed to last forever. It also depends on the atomizer. Some will last a week, some will last months and months. But all of them will get weaker as time goes on. I've noticed that my atomizers tend to be incredible the first day or two and then get mediocre for weeks after.

You can also clean out your atomizer using various methods like shooting alcohol or distilled water through it with a syringe plunger. Then let it dry for a while. Probably good to do this every couple of days or so.

If you want something that hits stronger and is a little more disposable you can get the 510 LR cartomizers. LitecigUSA sells the Boge soft tip LR cartomizers for the best price I've seen and they have fast/cheap shipping. I would definitely pick up a couple of packs of those to try them out. They'll only last you so many refills but they're great on the go and easy to drag on with a lot of vapor.

You made the right choice, the eGo is a good PV. But it will still take some experimentation with different juices, juice types (PG, VG or a blend), nic strengths and carto/atomizer combos to find your sweet spot. If it doesn't seem as overwhelmingly great as you built it up to be in your head, fear not, once you find your sweet spot you'll greatly enjoy vaping.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread