HELP-Single Coil or Dual Coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Thatcher

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2012
Brit in Orlando
The issue is that there is no difference as regards the media that the juice traverses between a SCC and DCC the burning elements are different but the carto filler remains the same and that is the question.

Thick VG juices are hard on carto's. Known fact. You can expect a greatly reduced life expectancy if using Bobas or Gorilla Juices than say a RY4.

You can get great flavour and taste from the carto's and juices however you will need to keep them topped up or in a tank with either a couple of punch holes or slots to aid the wicking through the filler.

The alternative I use is to use an atty on a VMod, bottom feeder, for all my high VG juices. But I cheat like that lol

Freddie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
The NETWORK
The issue is that there is no difference as regards the media that the juice traverses between a SCC and DCC the burning elements are different but the carto filler remains the same and that is the question.

Thick VG juices are hard on carto's. Known fact. You can expect a greatly reduced life expectancy if using Bobas or Gorilla Juices than say a RY4.

You can get great flavour and taste from the carto's and juices however you will need to keep them topped up or in a tank with either a couple of punch holes or slots to aid the wicking through the filler.

The alternative I use is to use an atty on a VMod, bottom feeder, for all my high VG juices. But I cheat like that lol
Hahaha...LOL! A friend of mine said try using the Boges because the filler in those are of better quality, is that true?

Andy Thatcher

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2012
Brit in Orlando
I use Boge's most of the time and 1.7 Smoketec's, Resurrectors.

I like both and the reason I have both is that they work for me and can't really decide between them other than the tanks I have are for Boge sized carto's rather than the longer one's. Will say that I prefer single coils over dual coils but that was when I just had an Ego haven't tried them since I have more options.

Look at the number of folks that use both and you will see you can't really go that wrong with either choice. Yeah you will get the occasional dud but that happens with everything.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Hahaha...LOL! A friend of mine said try using the Boges because the filler in those are of better quality, is that true?

That's not true at all. The filler material in Boge cartos are more tightly wound while smoktech cartos are a bit looser and more "fluffy". Which makes it easier to fill compared to the Boges.

Andy has made a great point by saying that VG in general has a bad effect on your cartos. By decreasing their lifespan. Doesn't mean that you can't get a good vape with those types of juices though. You just have to give them a longer break every 10 drags to let them re-wick.

Also, when you either top off or fill it. You have to be a bit more patient as well by letting them sit a bit longer. For the juice to seep into the filler material.

I can go on and on about SCC vs DCC but, that will take a while. Also, someone else has created a thread with their advice that goes along the same lines as what I were to say on the subject. Forgot where the thread is though.

STVNMR

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2011
Celina, TX
Just a theory I could use some input on: When using 100% VG liquids, wouldn't the added surface area of the dual coil cartos heat the juice more quickly and evenly across the filler, rather than cooking a single spot dry with each pull? If so, then perhaps the VG would wick more consistently with less waiting between hits, and it may also prevent the filler from clogging as fast or giving off that wonderful burnt taste we love so much early in a carto's life.

Again, just a theory. Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread