Rnroutlaw

Jan 20, 2013
Norwalk, Ohio

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
No, if you look at the image you will see small laser-drilled holes in the cartomizer's stainless steel tube. These are identified as "pre-punched tank replacements" and are designed to be used in cartotanks (Vision Vivi Nova Tank Replacement Coils| Vision eGo V3 Replacement Coils). The following video demonstrates how to assemble and fill a cartotank:

You can use a regular cartomizer on your battery, as long as it is not a "tank replacement" cartomizer or if you note the holes in the carto. For a 650 mah battery, I recommend using a single coil and not a dual coil cartomizer. I also recommend getting one with a standard resistance 2.0 ohm, unless you really prefer a warmer vape then get a lower resistance like a 1.7 ohm.

You fill these with e-liquid the same way as shown in the first part of the above video. In addition, you can put a wooden tooth pick into the center air tube to avoid getting liquid in there. Remove the tooth pick once the polyfill is properly saturated with liquid and replace with a drip tip for a mouthpiece on the carto when you vape.

As long as you don't plan on using these in a tank, it doesn't matter if you get the stainless steel or the black cartos. However, never use the black cartos in a tank. The cartos below are for use alone, not in a carto tank:

http://www.ecigcharleston.com/category-s/58.htm?searching=Y&sort=5&cat=58&show=72&page=2 (page 2)

Last edited:

Rnroutlaw

Jan 20, 2013
Norwalk, Ohio
No, if you look at the image you will see small laser-drilled holes in the cartomizer's stainless steel tube. These are identified as "pre-punched tank replacements" and are designed to be used in cartotanks (Vision Vivi Nova Tank Replacement Coils| Vision eGo V3 Replacement Coils). The following video demonstrates how to assemble and fill a cartotank:

You can use a regular cartomizer on your battery, as long as it is not a "tank replacement" cartomizer or if you note the holes in the carto. For a 650 mah battery, I recommend using a single coil and not a dual coil cartomizer. I also recommend getting one with a standard resistance 2.0 ohm, unless you really prefer a warmer vape then get a lower resistance like a 1.7 ohm.

You fill these with e-liquid the same way as shown in the first part of the above video. In addition, you can put a wooden tooth pick into the center air tube to avoid getting liquid in there. Remove the tooth pick once the polyfill is properly saturated with liquid and replace with a drip tip for a mouthpiece on the carto when you vape.

As long as you don't plan on using these in a tank, it doesn't matter if you get the stainless steel or the black cartos. However, never use the black cartos in a tank. The cartos below are for use alone, not in a carto tank:

All Cartomizers (page 2)

So that stainless carto goes inside my vivi nova? In other words I take out the inside workings of the vivi nova and replace with that carto?

Rnroutlaw

Jan 20, 2013
Norwalk, Ohio
But one thing...I see alot of the dual coil carto/tank kits but none of the single coil. Can I just use a single coil carto up through my mini vivi nova tanks? I dont even know if the vivi nova is dual or single coil to begin with lol. And with my current battery I've read that I should be using a single coil setup

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
So that stainless carto goes inside my vivi nova? In other words I take out the inside workings of the vivi nova and replace with that carto?

But one thing...I see alot of the dual coil carto/tank kits but none of the single coil. Can I just use a single coil carto up through my mini vivi nova tanks?

I thought your figured it out, but not yet.

Two different juice delivery devices you are talking about. The Vivi Nova is a clearomizer tank, that uses silica string wicks to bring juice to the heating coil. There are replacement "heads" with wicks that you can purchase for your Vivi Nova tank.

A cartomizer uses poly fiber as a wicking material to bring juice to the heating coil.

A cartotank uses a reservoir known as a tank to bathe the cartomizer in juice at all times, which allows for a hassle-free long time vape. The holes in the cartomizer's steel tube allow juice in the tank to enter into the cartomizer each time you take a draw on your battery. At some point, the cartomizer will need to be replaced in the tank with a new one.

DCT tanks (DCT) is a catch-all term for a tank that uses cartomizers. Kind of like Band Aid for adhesive bandages and Q-tips for cotton-tipped applicator. Most cartotanks do come supplied with dual coil cartomizers, but many people prefer using single coil cartos in these tanks.

Last edited:

Rnroutlaw

Jan 20, 2013
Norwalk, Ohio
I thought your figured it out, but not yet.

Two different juice delivery devices you are talking about. The Vivi Nova is a clearomizer tank, that uses silica string wicks to bring juice to the heating coil. There are replacement "heads" with wicks that you can purchase for your Vivi Nova tank.

A cartomizer uses poly fiber as a wicking material to bring juice to the heating coil.

A cartotank uses a reservoir known as a tank to bathe the cartomizer in juice at all times, which allows for a hassle-free long time vape. The holes in the cartomizer's steel tube allow juice in the tank to enter into the cartomizer each time you take a draw on your battery. At some point, the cartomizer will need to be replaced in the tank with a new one.

DCT tanks (DCT) is a catch-all term for a tank that uses cartomizers. Kind of like Band Aid for adhesive bandages and Q-tips for cotton-tipped applicator. Most cartotanks do come supplied with dual coil cartomizers, but many people prefer using single coil cartos in these tanks.
Yeah I thought I had it figured out but I was wrong :(. So I guess I need to find the carto tank itself so that I can put the single coil carto with it. Am I right? SmokTank XL - 3.5ml Dual Coil Cartomizer Tank Tube and Caps - no carto

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
You got it now. :headbang: Order the tank, and then the single coil carts separately. And don't forget about a drip tip for a mouthpiece, if you don't already have some.

As I said before, you can put a single coil cartomizer into a dual coil (DCT) tank. The most important thing to check is that the tank and the carto are the same length.

Standard tanks require a 35mm length carto. These are the standard length Boge or Ikenvape cartomizers.

DCT or XL tanks require a 45mm length carto. These are the Boge XL, Ikenvape mega, Smoktech replacement cartos.

All of these can be found somewhere with pre-punched holes for use in a tank. Or, a carto punch tool can be purchased to punch your own holes. Pre-punched holes can be either laser-drilled, or tool-punched.

carto-punch.jpg tool-punched carto.jpg laser-drilled.jpg
carto punch tool and tool-punched and laser-drilled cartos, both considered "pre-punched"

I happen to prefer the laser-drilled carts. Despite the fact that the holes are smaller, they wick as well as the tool-punched in my experience. In addition, the tool-punched carts always seem to have a slight deformity after being punched by the tool. They are slightly oval, not round. It can be difficult to put that oval shaped tube into a perfectly round endcap. That can cause stress on the rubber o-rings in the endcap which prevent liquid from leaking from the tank.

Last edited:

Rnroutlaw

Jan 20, 2013
Norwalk, Ohio
You got it now. :headbang: Order the tank, and then the single coil carts separately. And don't forget about a drip tip for a mouthpiece, if you don't already have some.

As I said before, you can put a single coil cartomizer into a dual coil (DCT) tank. The most important thing to check is that the tank and the carto are the same length.

Standard tanks require a 35mm length carto. These are the standard length Boge or Ikenvape cartomizers.

DCT or XL tanks require a 45mm length carto. These are the Boge XL, Ikenvape mega, Smoktech replacement cartos.

All of these can be found somewhere with pre-punched holes for use in a tank. Or, a carto punch tool can be purchased to punch your own holes. Pre-punched holes can be either laser-drilled, or tool-punched.

View attachment 174918 View attachment 174913 View attachment 174914
carto punch tool and tool-punched and laser-drilled cartos, both considered "pre-punched"

I happen to prefer the laser-drilled carts. Despite the fact that the holes are smaller, they wick as well as the tool-punched in my experience. In addition, the tool-punched carts always seem to have a slight deformity after being punched by the tool. They are slightly oval, not round. It can be difficult to put that oval shaped tube into a perfectly round endcap. That can cause stress on the rubber o-rings in the endcap which prevent liquid from leaking from the tank.
YEAH!! Thanks alot for taking the time to help me on this. I just ordered a few cartos and the empty tank. Made sure they would accompany each other. Can't wait to see how it works compared to what Im currently using. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread