Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
When I put the starter kit in the cart they have no place to pick the color I want? If I part a kit together one item at a time of course the price is higher. Im ready to order elsewhere. Customer support is a emial telling me nothing I asked. Only info I dont need or a link here, yet they ask for your phone number when u contact support. The person just said that they have no phone support. Why ask for my phone number then? Even 21st century has phone support. If I cant get a 2 second question asked then ... it. Would have been faster for the emailer to just tell me how to order the stupid thing then email me a helpless auto responce type email. :mad:

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Just put the desired color in the comments section. Some people just like to have problems. JMHO

Cheers,
otrpu

Like to have problems? Well u act like u done this before. Huh. Every other option is right here but let me pay first then see if I can get the color I want? Make since?

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
The chrome and black ones cost $20 more than the satin finish, why would you think it was available for the same price?
Well why would I not? My car did not cost more cause its black lol. So here I am thinking I am doing something wrong. Thats all I needed to know from the get. It cost $20 more. Thats it. Why was that so hard? On the other hand if u see a kit thats what u want. To see a kit and order one item at a time so the price is higher is just nuts. This should be more clear. How should I know if it cost more to make a black one then a chrome or polished one? Give me a break people lol.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
I have been on their site and the only color you get with the kit is gray satin. There is nothing on the site to suggest you can get a different color with the kit. When you click on chrome or black satin it says right on the page that this is not a kit, its just the device.

Exactly. Why not make it so its like every other add on that makes since for what your buying. Make a drop down in the starter kit so if u want black u see it cost more. Rather then breaking up a kit and buying the exact same stuff separate so u feel like your over paying. Everyone knows a package/kit cost less 99% of the time. Am I crazy?

Phreaker

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Well why would I not? My car did not cost more cause its black lol.

Actually, I was charged extra for a metallic paint job on my car from the dealer. BTW, I just ordered all the kit pieces separately, minus the drip tip and it was cheaper than the kit. It probably would have been a dollar or two more than the kit had I added the drip also, but I didn't need it.

karmakatie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
MO
Provapes site is fairly straight forward. I think they are pretty clear about what is included in a kit, and what is not. Chrome and black finish is an additional step so makes sense it would cost more.

You can buy any of the 3 devices by themselves, but the Black and Chrome is not prepackaged as a kit and are priced more because of the finish, you have to build those two into a kit if you want it that way, but again, because they cost more, the kit will cost more. :)

sdkelly85

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2012
San Diego
I had problems when I ordered as well. I finally picked the black chrome.The only mistake I mad was not ordering the pila charger and going with the cheap tenergy one (broke after a week). I also ordered the extender cap which I rarely use. I would rather have to deal with changing the battery once a day then lug around a big mod. I also think it looks alot better with the reg. cap. After you get the mod all this hassle with the site will be well worth it

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
dont get back it scratches bad and quick the sati is wears the best.

I was just thinking that the black was cool looking with chrome. Reminds me of my mustang. That paint job only cost $60 and that included sand paper and primer also :2cool:. Okay ill save the $32. Its high priced for me as it is. This is deff the last ecig ill be able to buy.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
I had problems when I ordered as well. I finally picked the black chrome.The only mistake I mad was not ordering the pila charger and going with the cheap tenergy one (broke after a week). I also ordered the extender cap which I rarely use. I would rather have to deal with changing the battery once a day then lug around a big mod. I also think it looks alot better with the reg. cap. After you get the mod all this hassle with the site will be well worth it

Good to know im not crazy. So about the charger. They wont warranty that for any amount of time? Customer service is extremely imp in my eyes. Only every company seems to have bad feedback of some sort. Makes it hard.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Well I just ordered the standard kit since I dont wana pay extra if it might looked messed up in a short time. I hope the charger holds out too. Wish me luck. I am sure I will love it. Im just so nervous about spending so much. I spent under $50 a month for analogs. I hope this thing will last 5 years or close to it.

ProVari Starter Kit - Ships in 5-7 days
1 $211.95 $211.95
510cartomizers 510 Cartomizers - Black - 5 Pack - Regular - 3 Ohm
1 $8.95 $8.95
510atomizerHV 510 Atomizer - High Resistance
1 $8.50 $8.50

Subtotal: $229.40
Tax: $0.00
Shipping Cost: $0.00
Grand Total: $229.40

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Their customer service is among the best out there. I sent an email once at about 2 in the morning, and had a reply about an hour later. They're good people over there. Did you ask them about the defective charger?

I agree and talk them up every time I make a youtube review. They never gave me anything so its all on experience with them. I just wanted to be 100% sure I was doing it all correctly. Guess im high maintenance. Its just a lot of money for me.

cba191

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Salt Lake City
My first mod was the Provape-1 starter kit. It did come with the cheap charger, and it had a bad power supply. That was the 2AM email. I had the tracking number for the replacement early that morning and still use the charger daily. The chargers I buy now are better ones, but it's done it's job well for the last 6 months.
I bought a Provari a couple weeks ago and absolutely love it. I shipped it out to be "personalized", but can't wait to get it back. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread