Help me decide on a mech mod?

Centauri

Dec 19, 2023
So I got my first squonk mech mod as it was super cheap and it was really an impulse buy. It's a Wotofo Nudge BF mech squonk mod which takes a single 18650 battery.
I find it too weak. I put on a single coil rda and it was just weak. Not enough power and I didn't want to go too low with the resistance.
Now, I'm looking at getting a Dovpo Clutch x18, the dual 18650 parallel mech mod. Will I get enough power from a dual 18650 mech mod or should I go for a single 21700 mech mod? What kind of wattage can I expect from dual 18650's, such as two Molicel P28A's? I know that with parallel I can expect double the amps, though the Clutch x18 has a 37a fuse (optional).
Right now I'm vaping at 100w on a regulated mod, dual coil with combined resistance of 0.13. For example, on a mech mod, based on 4.2v that should be giving 32.31A & 135w. Can a dual 18650 battery in parallel deliver that? I can't find a reliable example of what kind of wattage I can expect from dual 18650's.
The 21700 I'm looking at is something like the Timesvape Heavy Hitter or Timesvape Keen.
Will I find a dual 18650 weak as well or can it deliver?

Or am I best just getting a series mod and using a series build deck?

Thanks in advance

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Wotofo Nudge BF mech squonk mod which takes a single 18650 battery.
    I find it too weak. I put on a single coil RDA and it was just weak. Not enough power and I didn't want to go too low with the resistance.

What resistance is the coil? Also what exactly is the coil? I mean is it, 24g round wire kanthal? Clapton? etc, etc, etc.

Centauri

Dec 19, 2023
    What resistance is the coil? Also what exactly is the coil? I mean is it, 24g round wire kanthal? Clapton? etc, etc, etc.
    It was a 0.30 ni80 alien. I can't remember the exact specs.
    I have a Centaurus Solo with a 4x27/36 alien ni80 at 0.20 and I vape at 80w on that. On my Dovpo Blotto Max I use two 6x30/36 ni80 alien at 0.10 for both at 100w.

Do you think a dual 18650 parallel mech will give me what I'm used to power wise?

0.3 is too high for a mech running 4.2 volts. That's only about 58 watts of heat.
    0.3 is typically what I run on a series mech. For about 229 watts.

Depending on your batteries you're going to want to go lower below 0.2. Perhaps even as low as 0.1 depending on those batteries.
    0.2 would give you about 88 watts.
    0.1 would give you about 176 warts.

I wouldn't recommend running 0.1 on an 18650 mech unless it's dual parallel or triple parallel.

Depending on where you are in the world, and if you were like squonking or not a lot I recommend the defiant designs DS or TS. DS being dual parallel, TS being triple parallel and a squonk. I think they're under $70 right now on coilclout

ducasse

ECF Veteran
    Apr 28, 2020
    Drammen, Norway
    www.reddit.com
    Signature Tips has the SQ217, they are fantastic. There's still some left on their site. Snow Cap Mods make 3d printed mods, both squonk and regular, that get very good feedback.

And another +1 for the DS/TS.

Krönig makes fantastic squonks, but you need to wait for a drop and be quick.

Real Mods has the Elipsium series, they are gorgeous and possible to find.

• Informative
    Reactions: Tor R

Users who are viewing this thread