Help and Advice needed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donnam5044

Apr 7, 2017
Hi all im new here hope your all well.
I have been vaping for about two weeks and have cut down on my normal cigs but im really struggling im just not enjoying vaping which makes it hard to stop cigs and my cravings are so intense.
I have been trying all the tobacco flavours could that be where im going wrong ?
I know vaping is hugely successful for so many people and im going to keep trying with it I really want to quit smoking but when I dont have a cig im awful my mood is terriable im anxiuos and depressed and just feel likw screaming and thats when it all gets too much and I have a cig.
Any advice for getting use to vaping would be so helpful.
Thank you all for reading.
Regards Donna

Donnam5044

Apr 7, 2017
Thank you for your reply im using the Kanger E-Smart and I have tried the classic tobacoo juice and the amber tobacco juice and currently just trying the virgina juice I did also try the menthol but couldnt stand that, im using 18mg nicotine maybe im just expecting it to work straightaway to get me off smoking whereas it might take some time.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
The gear your using is kinda "old school". Not that it is not good, but there are better products out there. How do you like to vape? Do you like MTL (mouth to lung) or DL (direct lung) hits? If MTL (that's how I vape) then perhaps something like an Eleaf iStick 40w with a Nautilus mini may be a better option for you and give better satisfaction. Your nicotine seems fine for starting out, but you could go as high as 24mg if you feel you need more.

Donnam5044

Apr 7, 2017
Thank you for your advice I will have a look at that one now online, im a MTL vape person too so that sounds like a good option.
I have got a liquid thats 24mg was just a little worried it maybe too much and make me feel poorley but I could try it see if I get on any better. Thanks again for the advice :)

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
I never thought I would be able to give up a two pack at day 30+ years smoking, but it did happen. We all are different in our needs and how long it takes. Some quit the same day they start vaping, some don't. There is no right or wrong, just what works for you. :)

Donnam5044

Apr 7, 2017
Thats amazing well done that is such a great achivement :)
All your comments have given me motivation and inspiration I think I needed that :) My boyfriend is not very supportive he just keeps telling me if you want to give up then just dont smoke lol if only it was that easy lol
But I will do it I will just take each day at a time :)
Thanks again for all your help and comments

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
Also, don't beat yourself up if you need to smoke during transitioning to vaping. I still smoked for months before I completely switched over to vaping. Though I did cut down drastically.
Just like bonskibon said, it's ok to be a dual user. Think of this way, one less cigarette! How many packs a day did you smoke?

Also Welcome, glad your here!:)

Donnam5044

Apr 7, 2017
I use to smoke 17 a day so one pack a day my brand sterling only had 17 in the box but just before I started vaping I had cut down to a 10 pack a day but this week I have only smoked 5 a day morning time is always worst for me but I guess that use to be the same for a lot of people.
Im making progress but I made myself a promise that when I get paid on monday I will not buy any packets of cigarettes so hopefully I can achieve that I will carry on with vaping and try and cut down smoking even more over the weekend then hopefully when Monday comes I will be ok and be able to just stick to the vaping :)

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
I use to smoke 17 a day so one pack a day my brand sterling only had 17 in the box but just before I started vaping I had cut down to a 10 pack a day but this week I have only smoked 5 a day morning time is always worst for me but I guess that use to be the same for a lot of people.
Im making progress but I made myself a promise that when I get paid on monday I will not buy any packets of cigarettes so hopefully I can achieve that I will carry on with vaping and try and cut down smoking even more over the weekend then hopefully when Monday comes I will be ok and be able to just stick to the vaping :)
Just take your time

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Congratulations on giving vaping a chance! Even if you just cut your smoking down initially, you are already improving your health. Many here were or are "dual users", smoking a bit and vaping too. That is still a success.

I would suggest giving the esmart a try with the 24mg nic. It helps erase the cravings, or at least it did for my wife and I in the beginning. Good luck and welcome to ECF!

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I spent over six months at 24mg on a smaller device before dropping to 18mg for a year or so. I eventually settled at 8-9mg and it keeps me from picking up a pack.

Good news you are finding some successful tweaks to make your vape work for you! Welcome to the vaping world - a bit of fiddling here and there as you find your sweet spot!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread