Advice needed which E-cig to buy (please)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Bird

Moved On
Apr 11, 2013
Montgomery County, NY
Hi all,

Im new to this forum, so firstly - hello :)

Ive been on an e-cig for around 6 months, using the JAC-Vapour E-cig and e liquids. Its served me well but its time to move on to something better. Unfortunately Internet searches for advice in this respect are near-on impossible. Im UK based and looking to purchase a new set up online. I really need some help - any advice will be much appreciated. Im looking to spend approx £50-£100, unless its better to spend more?

Many thanks for reading.

Here u go, UK based company too:

Electronic Cigarette - Starter Kits - Sigelei ZMAX

Segelei Zmax kicks ...., I have one and use it often. A great device.

Vault

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Wellingborough,Northants,UK
That might be stretching his budget Red_Bird :( You have to add the price of batteries/charger/delivery devices and juice.

I managed to source... Vamo V2 Stainless Steel/Jetbeam (same as Nightcore) i2 pro charger/Efest 18650 batteries x 2 and it came to around £74 which is good for the UK and I got them from Ireland. Add to that a couple of Protanks at £17 over here and some juice and you are over on £100.

Vault

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Wellingborough,Northants,UK
I've managed to get in my basket..

1 x spinner 1300 battery
1 x Protank
1 x spare heads (x5)
1 x charger
2 x 30ml juice

For approx £80. I have my jacvapour as a spare for now. That'll do the job?

Good choice, with the variable voltage the resistance of the heads isn`t so critical as you can dial them in, plus if (as you mentioned) you are going for fruity flavours the Protank is glass and less prone to cracking with acidic juices.

funkypunk69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
United States

The website you noted above for the vision spinner does specifically note that "They can be charged using a standard Ego/Riva USB charging cable (not included) and their 1300mah capacity means longer run time between charges." So i believe you would be correct, but I have not used that battery myself personally only the twist versions.

In my opinion, I can't give you an opinion of what e-cig is the best or which one yu should get. If you already knew the type of system or parts you wanted, exactly what you wanted it to do etc then I certainly have my opinions on certain brands, but using e-cig is a very personal matter. The best system out there one one person can be the system someone else wants to trash the a day after they get it.

Many things, like how much you vape (so battery life for example), you style preference (do you prefer to drip or use a cartomizers or love clearomizers or want to move to a tank etc). How important is battery shape, size, weight etc to you? Is standard charging just fine or would you prefer a pass through system so you can vape while charging. How much vapor production to you need/want (this can really differ with hardware). And so on.

Although, you found what I did when I was ready to move on (up, onward) from my first starter kit there are not as many reviews online as I expected at least in print. Then I discovered You Tube and vape videos. If I were you, before mating a decision I would spend sometime with the reviews of different systems by different people and you will also get a good lookat the system as most of the review videos start out from opening the package the first time and showing you how it goes together, and how its works, and what its like in action (lots of vapor gets blown at web cams in these videos!).

I think you said you were in the UK and probably 50% of the videos on You Tube about vaping and vaping reviews (from systems o accessories to building your own to juices etc) are done by people in the UK so you would know the product(s) are available there.

I would like to recommend that you take a look at vapourtrails.tv | ...... putting u back into vapor ...... which is from the UK. They have a bunch of shows on and do many many good e-cig reviews and demonstrations.

Garcks

May 14, 2013
Uk
Hi there and thanks for this, especially the web link - very helpful of you.

Unfortunately my current Cart / Battery set up is near to failing so I've had to take the plunge and place an order. A bit of a risk, but the journey will no doubt be fun and interesting. Thankfully the guys in this thread gave me some good pointers and it seems that what I've gone for is a relatively safe bet for the average vapor.

The kit arrives tomorrow so I'll be sure to post my thoughts on here once I'm up and vaping :vapor:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread