Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
For the 2 tanks, I'd have to recommend Hoosier E-cig -- their price on the Mini PT II is about average, $11.99, which is what I think I paid for my first one, but their price on the full kit of the Protank 2 is one of the best prices I've seen, $13.99 -- most other places price them at about $17.99 and up for that full kit with 2 coils and a flared cone, to cover the ego threads. So even though you might be able to find a lower price on the mini, if you go ahead and get both here, you save on shipping, and that's a good savings on the bigger tank.

For the Ego twist... are you looking for a full starter-kit, or just the battery? That will determine the price, and where to find the best price.

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Everything I was going to say was already mentioned by AndriaD...sooo...good luck, and enjoy your new toys!
This is also a good tank by smoktech Mini Trophy Tank

That's one I haven't tried, but I love smoktech, they make some great stuff! :thumb: When I'm using my dark red ARO Winder and ARO Pyrex, I feel like some 30's movie star with one of those long cigarette holders... hehehe

Andria

DeucesWild

Aug 11, 2014
NJ, USA
For the 2 tanks, I'd have to recommend Hoosier E-cig -- their price on the Mini PT II is about average, $11.99, which is what I think I paid for my first one, but their price on the full kit of the Protank 2 is one of the best prices I've seen, $13.99 -- most other places price them at about $17.99 and up for that full kit with 2 coils and a flared cone, to cover the ego threads. So even though you might be able to find a lower price on the mini, if you go ahead and get both here, you save on shipping, and that's a good savings on the bigger tank.

For the Ego twist... are you looking for a full starter-kit, or just the battery? That will determine the price, and where to find the best price.

Andria

Thanks, Andria and Issy! I guess I'll need a full starter-kit. I'll need a charger, battery and 2 tanks so far. I am thinking about your recommendation for the Kanger Protank 2 deal on Hoosier. That does seem like a great price. I might also switch out the Kanger Mini Protank 2 for the Smok Tech V2 Trophy Tank (instead of the Mini Smok Tech Trophy) on the recommendation of Issy above. It also gets very good reviews on Hoosier's site. That will give me similar variety, I think. Thoughts/opinions?

dopamine1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2014
ohio
1) I'm looking for an inexpensive (not cheap, but reliable and not costing a small fortune) 'starter kit' for vaping. I've seen cartomizers, and would rather use separate E-juice.

2) Also wondering if there's any such thing as 'all-natural' E-juice VG liquid?
1. Try a kanger evod starter kit. You can get a pack of 2 with a charger and 5 extra heads for about $30. If you're willing to spend a bit more for something better and more durable try an Innokin MVP 2.0 battery with an Aspire Nautilus Mini or Kanger Aerotank. Make sure to get the BVC heads (for Nautilus) or v2 heads (for Aerotank).
2. Yes there's "all natural" e juice. It's more expensive, and probably not any safer though. Check out Virgin Vapor.

joesquid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Chesapeake, Va
Thanks, Andria and Issy! I guess I'll need a full starter-kit. I'll need a charger, battery and 2 tanks so far. I am thinking about your recommendation for the Kanger Protank 2 deal on Hoosier. That does seem like a great price. I might also switch out the Kanger Mini Protank 2 for the Smok Tech V2 Trophy Tank (instead of the Mini Smok Tech Trophy) on the recommendation of Issy above. It also gets very good reviews on Hoosier's site. That will give me similar variety, I think. Thoughts/opinions?

Think I would stay with the 2 protanks soley because you would only have to buy one type of replacement coil. I'd assume the Smok Tech would use a different coil.

GPC2012

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Reedley Ca
Most people start out with an EGO or similar, however, most of them tend to want more very quickly. I've talked two friends into the ECIG world and have got them to start on an inexpensive APV (advanced personal vaporizer). In the long run it just saves the time and money of buying the little one first. My personal favorites are the ITaste VTR and the Itaste 134. My wife uses a Vamo V3 I have one of these as well as an Itaste SVD. So far the tank I like best is the Iclear 30S and the Iclear XI. A good supplier for hardware is Desert Vapes reasonable prices, good customer service, great selection and even faster shipping. For E Juice I pretty much only use Bionic Vapors as my supplier. Here are links to both sites, Desert is a registered supplier, and Bionic is a forum supplier

DesertVapes Electronic Cigarettes and Supply
E-Juice – Bionic Vapor

Good luck.

If you decide to go the way of the APV make sure to get batteries, and a charger. If you have any questions PM me.

Welcome home.

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States
You've gotten plenty of sound advice on tanks and batteries (although I use double coil tanks (mini protank 3) on vision spinners (which are ego style batteries) with no problems.

There are several companies that are "all natural" and 100% vg. Some are even organic. I tried Virgin Vapor and Free State Vapor both sites offer sample sized bottles. This was good because it saved money and allowed me to try more flavors.

Good luck on your hunt.

Discount Vapers and 101Vapes had some good prices on tanks too.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
DeucesWild said:

Think I would stay with the 2 protanks soley because you would only have to buy one type of replacement coil. I'd assume the Smok Tech would use a different coil.

I'm pretty sure the Aspires use duals, which we already covered -- battery drainers, big time! Also dual coils provide an EXTREMELY hot vape, and that kind of heat can really mess up the taste of some ejuice -- it completely ruins my own. I've never found ANY dual coil anything that I could tolerate even a little bit. They're also MUCH harder to rebuild.

I don't really know what kind of coils the trophy tank uses. I have a SmokTech ARO pyrex, and it can use the same coils as a Kanger T3S, but you can't put ARO coils in a T3S, so I'm not sure how compatible they are. If you want the two tanks to be able to use the same coils, you'd be best off with a PT II and a Mini PT II; those definitely use the same coils.

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Ok, I know you said eGo, but I can't find any decent prices on *real* eGo starter kits; they're all overpriced, but if you do find a real cheapy of an eGo starter kit, then it's probably a knock-off and might self-destruct in weeks if not days -- I've got one of those cheapies I got from Hong Kong and the whole collar part, when the connectors are, pulled loose from of the bottom battery part, in about 2 wks.

My recommendation is the iTaste vv/vw v3 -- I found an express kit for it that's $35-ish -- Innokin iTaste VV V3.0 Battery

This is an EXCELLENT very good quality device, which also has variable wattage, not just voltage. It's only 800 mAh, *BUT* it has "pass-thru" -- you can vape it as it charges, which does make up a lot for the lower mAh rating. You don't want the full starter kit on this one, just the express kit, which is just the battery and charger, because the full starter kit comes with Innokin iClear16 tanks, and THEY SUCK COMPLETELY -- total waste of money to get those. Once you have the one, with the charger, you can find "battery only" deals for like $27 or less.

If you google "itaste v3" you may be able to come up with an even better, but so far that $35-ish at myvaporstore.com looks the best. As far as I know there aren't any "knock offs" of this device, so you should be safe even if you find a really cheap one. I have three of them; they're so great I can't seem to stop buying them. :D

Andria

DeucesWild

Aug 11, 2014
NJ, USA
Wow!! Everyone discovered this thread. lol Thanks everyone for the great advice/tips/recommendations/welcomes.

@ AndriaD: that does seem like an amazing price for that unit! They seemed to be out of stock of any glass clearomizers, though (unless I overlooked something). Should I just get an inexpensive (but quality) bottom-coil poly tank for now? Is there any tanks from that same shop that I could get (to save shipping)? Thanks!!!

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Wow!! Everyone discovered this thread. lol Thanks everyone for the great advice/tips/recommendations/welcomes.

@ AndriaD: that does seem like an amazing price for that unit! They seemed to be out of stock of any glass clearomizers, though (unless I overlooked something). Should I just get an inexpensive (but quality) bottom-coil poly tank for now? Is there any tanks from that same shop that I could get (to save shipping)? Thanks!!!

The only thing I see is what they call an "ego clearomizer", which turns out to be a CE5, and they have both top and bottom coil versions. I don't know anything about this particular tank, but it's only $2.95 (which kinda cuts both ways -- it's not a big investment, but it's probably also not that great). I would definitely recommend the bottom-coil variety; some people do seem to like the top-coil kind, but they also seem to be a minority, most folks seem to prefer the bottom-coil kind. Mainly, the top-coil are really hot, and some ejuice doesn't do well with that kind of heat -- mine suffers dreadfully.

Or, because this vv3 is so cheap, maybe just get it here, and get the glass tanks from hoosier. That $13.99 on the big PT2 is really outstanding. I've seen (and bought) the mini version for somewhat less, but if you went elsewhere, you'd get hit with yet more shipping, and $11.99 for the mini is a fair price. I think I paid that for my first one for the same reason, I was ordering something else that was a really great price, and I just got the mini pt II because I was also in the market for that, and the price was fair, if not deeply discounted.

Andria

DeucesWild

Aug 11, 2014
NJ, USA
The only thing I see is what they call an "ego clearomizer", which turns out to be a CE5, and they have both top and bottom coil versions. I don't know anything about this particular tank, but it's only $2.95 (which kinda cuts both ways -- it's not a big investment, but it's probably also not that great). I would definitely recommend the bottom-coil variety; some people do seem to like the top-coil kind, but they also seem to be a minority, most folks seem to prefer the bottom-coil kind. Mainly, the top-coil are really hot, and some ejuice doesn't do well with that kind of heat -- mine suffers dreadfully.

Or, because this vv3 is so cheap, maybe just get it here, and get the glass tanks from hoosier. That $13.99 on the big PT2 is really outstanding. I've seen (and bought) the mini version for somewhat less, but if you went elsewhere, you'd get hit with yet more shipping, and $11.99 for the mini is a fair price. I think I paid that for my first one for the same reason, I was ordering something else that was a really great price, and I just got the mini pt II because I was also in the market for that, and the price was fair, if not deeply discounted.

Andria
Ok, I got the vv3 at the one place (crazy low price, agreed!!), and 2 tanks from Hoosier. I got the PT2, but also decided to add an EVOD in there too at the last minute. Also found a 5% coupon code for Hoosier for about a buck off the order of the tanks. Thanks for all the help, and I'll probably be back with questions once I receive everything, lol!! :)

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Ok, I got the vv3 at the one place (crazy low price, agreed!!), and 2 tanks from Hoosier. I got the PT2, but also decided to add an EVOD in there too at the last minute. Also found a 5% coupon code for Hoosier for about a buck off the order of the tanks. Thanks for all the help, and I'll probably be back with questions once I receive everything, lol!! :)

Any questions about the vv3, come join us in that thread -- http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...476013-innokin-itaste-vv-v3-owners-group.html -- and no, you don't have to read all 4700-some odd posts. :D Great group of folks in there, and lots of cross-talk about all kinds of devices -- that's actually where I first got the info I needed to learn to dry-burn my coils, *and* rebuild my coils.

Andria

DeucesWild

Aug 11, 2014
NJ, USA
Ok, I got all my stuff a while back, but life has gotten in the way. Back to my stuff:

I received everything...and have no idea where to start. I have 3 sampler packs of 100VG E-liquid (3 bottles each). And now for the questions (God help me...):

1) should I somehow clean the tanks before using them? And/or the same for the atomizers?

2) what's the best way to 'steep' e-liquid? I've heard the VG liquid can be very 'alcoholy'...

3) what about changing flavors? do I need to change atomizers every time I change a flavor?

4) adjusting the iTaste: should I just leave it alone and fire it up when I get a tank on it? Is it pretty safe, or can I burn out atomizers or something by playing with the volts/watts (which I still don't understand yet)?

Thanks again, and sorry for the questions. It's a bit daunting to me now that I have all of the 'stuff'.

DW

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Your questions are great, by the way, and in time you will most likely find the enormous wealth of info here on ECF. It's VERY daunting when one is new! It was for all of us.

Use ECF, Google, and YouTube..... a lot!

As far as your iTaste specific questions, we'll see you over in the V3 thread that Andria linked above. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread