Hello and Thank you from an Ex-Smoker

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaryLynn

Oct 30, 2016
Hi all,

I've been following these forums for over a year now and thought it was time to join and express my thanks to everyone out there who posts info on vaping and helps fellow vapers or those in the process of thinking of switching. The selection options, devices and other tools of vaping can seem so complicated at first and having sites like this that explain things for those like me, who were or are entering a new world of choices is just priceless.

My vaping interest started when my Doctor (of all people lol) suggested trying e-cigs instead of smoking. These forums were the place I landed to check into the subject before deciding to try the switch. I got the info I needed to know what nicotine level I should start with, what I should start out using with my life long cigarette habit and need to start with a comfort symbol in the beginning, what to expect during the process and as I moved beyond the cigarette addiction part, what other vaping methods/devices might better meet my future needs.

I smoked for over 40 years and have not touched a cigarette since the day I started vaping. Better yet, my success at quitting inspired my husband to also switch to vaping so we have a smoke free home now. For any smokers out there considering switching, just do it!

Thanks everyone for all the great information you helped create on this site. I could not have kicked the cigarette habit after all these years without the information I found right here. Keep up the great work :)

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I smoked for over 40 years and have not touched a cigarette since the day I started vaping. Better yet, my success at quitting inspired my husband to also switch to vaping so we have a smoke free home now. For any smokers out there considering switching, just do it!

That's what it's all about. Congratulations to you. :thumb:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Hi all,

I've been following these forums for over a year now and thought it was time to join and express my thanks to everyone out there who posts info on vaping and helps fellow vapers or those in the process of thinking of switching. The selection options, devices and other tools of vaping can seem so complicated at first and having sites like this that explain things for those like me, who were or are entering a new world of choices is just priceless.

My vaping interest started when my Doctor (of all people lol) suggested trying e-cigs instead of smoking. These forums were the place I landed to check into the subject before deciding to try the switch. I got the info I needed to know what nicotine level I should start with, what I should start out using with my life long cigarette habit and need to start with a comfort symbol in the beginning, what to expect during the process and as I moved beyond the cigarette addiction part, what other vaping methods/devices might better meet my future needs.

Thanks everyone for all the great information you helped create on this site. I could not have kicked the cigarette habit after all these years without the information I found right here. Keep up the great work :)
Welcome to ecf. So glad you joined up with us.

Great great job on the switch. Don't you just feel great!! Nothing compares to beating those cancer sticks.

So tell us what devices you are currently using and a little about your journey to help others coming behind you to reach the level you are now.

I never get tired of hearing about another smoker becoming smoke free. Nothing like hearing that the genius of ecigs has once again saved another from a life of helplessness and slavery. So proud of you and yours for deciding to join ecf.....
Great info, great members and an excellent resource of info and support.

:)

beckah54

Dog Lover!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
Ohio
image.gif

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Hi all,

Congratulations MaryLynn,i am pretty much the same 40 years smoking and now over 7 months smoke free since the day i tried vaping.

MaryLynn

Oct 30, 2016
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

So as asked, here is my jouney thus far.

I started with ciga-likes I got from a US company with a warehouse in Canada (EPuffer). The advice I received was for a beginner until I was comfortable about vaping this would feel the most like having my usual cigarette. The nicotine (12 mg) was enough to tackle the cravings as I smoked ultra lights and after a few days, I never looked back or wanted another cigarette. Amazing how much that having something in your hand makes a difference to the cravings. After a couple of weeks, no more shortness of breath walking up stairs, and my sense of taste and smell returned. It was wonderful! I stayed on the pre-made ones for about 3 months moving the last month onto blank cartriges and filling them with e-juice to save money. That was when I realized the flavor I was missing out on with just using ciga-likes.

So I came back to these forums and based on the advice and my comfort level at that point doing mouth to lung vaping, went with a couple of variable voltage batteries from KangerTech and started using tanks like the Aspire K1 and the Nautilus Mini. That kept me happy for another 5 months until I wanted to up my vg level in my juice to avoid throat irritation. After the switch, I found I was not getting the same flavor from my juices anymore so got myself the starter kit 75 Watt Eleaf iStick Pico with the Melo III tank. I used both the sub ohm and above ohm tanks in the beginning but came to realize I really enjoyed the direct to lung method of vaping so I added an Aspire Atlantis to my collection. I find the Melo and Atlantis work great on different e-juices I like so I am set. Plus coils from Aspire can fit the Melo which is a bonus. I honestly doubt I will go back to above ohming or high PG again. The 0.5 ohm coils just seems to be the sweet spot for me and my juice nic level is now only 3 mg. My husband took over the Kanger VV, K1 and Nautilas kit so that worked out very well indeed.

Vaping saved me and my husband thousands of dollars over the past year and we both are feeling heathier than we have in years. My only regret is I did not know about this sooner.

I will say for new people, you should not just jump into mods and sub ohming until you understand everything that goes with it and what your personal preferences really are. You need to find great suppliers, the proper batteries and kit so you can enjoy vaping and be safe at the same time. Everything you need to know is on these forums!

Ciga-likes and the pen type mods are much simpler for those starting out. If you go with the pen type mods, get VV right out of the gate as it will give you better control of your vape. Also keep in mind, mouth to lung is what these two types promote and that is what smokers do so in my opinion, either is a good path to success for starting your quitting smoking journey. Once you have it licked, then see if you want to try something new ;)

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

So as asked, here is my jouney thus far.

I started with ciga-likes I got from a US company with a warehouse in Canada (EPuffer). The advice I received was for a beginner until I was comfortable about vaping this would feel the most like having my usual cigarette. The nicotine (12 mg) was enough to tackle the cravings as I smoked ultra lights and after a few days, I never looked back or wanted another cigarette. Amazing how much that having something in your hand makes a difference to the cravings. After a couple of weeks, no more shortness of breath walking up stairs, and my sense of taste and smell returned. It was wonderful! I stayed on the pre-made ones for about 3 months moving the last month onto blank cartriges and filling them with e-juice to save money. That was when I realized the flavor I was missing out on with just using ciga-likes.

So I came back to these forums and based on the advice and my comfort level at that point doing mouth to lung vaping, went with a couple of variable voltage batteries from KangerTech and started using tanks like the Aspire K1 and the Nautilus Mini. That kept me happy for another 5 months until I wanted to up my vg level in my juice to avoid throat irritation. After the switch, I found I was not getting the same flavor from my juices anymore so got myself the starter kit 75 Watt Eleaf iStick Pico with the Melo III tank. I used both the sub ohm and above ohm tanks in the beginning but came to realize I really enjoyed the direct to lung method of vaping so I added an Aspire Atlantis to my collection. I find the Melo and Atlantis work great on different e-juices I like so I am set. Plus coils from Aspire can fit the Melo which is a bonus. I honestly doubt I will go back to above ohming or high PG again. The 0.5 ohm coils just seems to be the sweet spot for me and my juice nic level is now only 3 mg. My husband took over the Kanger VV, K1 and Nautilas kit so that worked out very well indeed.

Vaping saved me and my husband thousands of dollars over the past year and we both are feeling heathier than we have in years. My only regret is I did not know about this sooner.

I will say for new people, you should not just jump into mods and sub ohming until you understand everything that goes with it and what your personal preferences really are. You need to find great suppliers, the proper batteries and kit so you can enjoy vaping and be safe at the same time. Everything you need to know is on these forums!

Ciga-likes and the pen type mods are much simpler for those starting out. If you go with the pen type mods, get VV right out of the gate as it will give you better control of your vape. Also keep in mind, mouth to lung is what these two types promote and that is what smokers do so in my opinion, either is a good path to success for starting your quitting smoking journey. Once you have it licked, then see if you want to try something new ;)
This is good advice for any new vaper starting out. Sometimes, when the more seasoned vapers try and help a newbie they want to try and save them the same trials and errors that we have already gone through. Problem with that is sometimes the advice given is just too much for a beginner. Your advice is spot on, so I thank you for that.

When you are ready to give diy a try ecf has a great section to help with all of that along with some very talented members also.
Some just get tired of paying too much for a bottle of ejuice, some can't find the right flavor. All want to save money. lol But take your time, no rush unless that is what you want to do.
Here is a link. Never hurts to look.

DIY E-Liquid

Just scroll down that page. Looks like a lot and it is, but its a journey also. And a fun one. Small learning curve as like anything vaping is but not too daunting.

:)

Reactions: TheTinMan

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA

Welcome and glad you joined. My sentiments too. I'm sorry are government missed the point.

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Hi @MaryLynn , and glad to see you decide to become a voice and not just an ear.

Your story is of course, EPIC, and can't be told enough. I would highly encourage you to seek out CASAA and sign up, and send that testimonial (without the gear specifics) to your representatives! We can't have too many people telling them what an amazing help Vaping was for them. :) Hopefully, if enough do, a lot of current smokers will have a chance to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread