Ex Smoker!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baddog11

Verified Member
Aug 12, 2011
Tennessee
I want to thank the creators and members of this forum for all the great info that is shared! I never thought i could quit smoking as I've been stuck on them since I was about 12 or 13. But now after over 30 years i have found an alternative! Even after having a heart attack about six weeks ago I found myself lacking the ability to put down analogs. I found a disposable e-cig at a local gas station and thought maybe that would be an alternative. It tasted awful but I found that it did curb my need for an analog quite a bit! Then I found this forum and learned how many more choices there are out there. I made a purchase online and got a starter kit and some juices to try and received it in just a couple days, super fast shipping. I couldn't be happier with my decision. I have tried quitting smoking so many times over the years and either the addiction or lack of will power kept me strapped in to the evil tobacco companies grip. I have been a non smoker now for nearly 2 weeks!
I again have to thank you all for all the great info and really wish that more people with an addiction to cigarettes knew that there really is a great alternative for them! I am telling everyone I know that still smokes what I have learned and hope that they too will try to make the switch!

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Congrats, and welcome! It's really quite revelatory when you learn about the existence of E-cigs. There were none where I lived (Canada; our government health body has a bug up its .... about nicotine liquids) so I had to take a chance ordering online without ever having tried it. But all the info I gleaned before I did looked positive, and when my kit and juices finally arrived, I was utterly shocked how well it worked and how it instantaneously got me off the cancer sticks.

Now I've got several smaller E-cigs, a big ... mod, and more juice than you can shake a Bloog at and I couldn't be happier leaving the cigarettes in the dust.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Welcome and grats on your switch! Take care not to overdo the nicotine for a while - it can mess with blood pressure and cause rapid/irregular heartbeat. But make sure you have plenty of eliquid - new vapers are the ones who misjudge how much they will use and how long shipping will take so order more from someplace with fast shipping (like FreedomSmokeUSA) if you need to increase your stockpile. And it doesn't hurt to have some lower nic liquid in case you find yourself vaping a lot at certain times.

BTW - Gourmet Vapor is having one of their stellar sales - 50% off. A lot of their juices are customer concoctions so the quality of the flavors varies, but they are so cheap at 50% off it's a good chance to find some you like or fiddle with creating your own concoctions there with the Flavor Creator. Code is vapercon and don't expect fast delivery from Gourmet Vapor during a sale - every juice is custom, even custom flavors, so it can takes weeks.

Last edited:

Baddog11

Verified Member
Aug 12, 2011
Tennessee
Thanks for all the support! I'm gonna place an order today at Gourmet Vapor that's a great deal! I will watch out not to overdue it with vaping to that's a good tip for newbs. I have been so excited about vaping I'm already thinking about getting a new pv. I have a kr808d-1 and was thinking about getting an Ego Tank any input ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread