Having an issue with Kanger TopTank Nano.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitty-Nin

Sep 29, 2015
My partner picked up a Kanger TopBox with the TopTank Nano tank about a week ago. The tank came with three coils, and suddenly as of yesterday the tank is not making a good connection with any of the three coils. On the TopBox, it reads 9.99 Ohms and on my Coolfire IV it gives the check atomizer message.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on? We've pulled it apart and as far as we can tell everything looks fine. Most of the things I have been able to find via google have been for the RBA tank, and this is the one with the prebuilt coil heads.

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
heya - couple things - disassemble, make sure that firing pin in base is pushed up completely with coil out, then screw coil in (it should push pin back down slightly) and make sure you don't try to put new coil in with base on mod, as it can sometimes cause pin/ coil connection not to seat firmly (coil wont actually be screwed all the way in if it can't push pin down a little as it is seated)

Kitty-Nin

Sep 29, 2015
We ended up taking it back to the shop, who tested it, and it was actually reading a staedy 30 ohms. The box was fine, but there is something wrong with the atty. They exchangex it, and the secondone immediately had the same issue. So they swapped it for a cuboid, and have contacted their supplier. Seems that perhaps kanger sent out a batch that missed quality control....

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
Yeah that's the big problem with new tech, often times it's buggy for the first month or two until either the company subtly fixes future production units or they less-subtly accept returns/exchanges.

That's a shame to hear though, that Topbox Nano kit looked kinda nifty. But it's good that you posted this here, as other potential-buyers will be able to see it and can be warned. The number of times I've probably saved my money because I did a quick Google and found the complaints on ECF is astounding. Always a good call to look for people having issues here before you pull the trigger on any e-cig product.

Reactions: Yiana

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
We ended up taking it back to the shop, who tested it, and it was actually reading a staedy 30 ohms. The box was fine, but there is something wrong with the atty. They exchangex it, and the secondone immediately had the same issue. So they swapped it for a cuboid, and have contacted their supplier. Seems that perhaps kanger sent out a batch that missed quality control....
I bought one of the first ones released for my wife. It was DOA.

Subvod mod worked with other tanks and the Toptank didn't work with any of my other mods.

Turned out the base of the tank was toast and not making a connection. Replaced the tank and it worked fine. Apparently this is fairly common with the first batch.

This & That Vapes

Apr 5, 2016
It is definitely a problem with the bottom base. More specifically if you're interested in doing the repair yourself, the threads where the coil is seated is supposed to have continuity with the threads of the 510 connection. Removing the positive pin along with the rubber grommet, feed soldering wire into the bottom base from beneath and using a soldering iron apply a small weld connecting the inner wall to the bottom base. Being a shop owner, this prevented me from having to do an exchange / return with this customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread