Hate to say this.. but, I think I'm ditching my Aspire Nautilus for good..

Status
Not open for further replies.

royaldansk

Sep 30, 2014
New York
I never thought that I'd have to make a thread like this regarding the Aspire nautilus, but at this point.. I've dealt with enough frustration and I'm about ready to give it up for good..

For what it's worth, the Aspire nautilus was a pretty decent piece in terms of vape volume + cloud thickness.. Only problem is that I've owned 2 now, and now have to either buy a 3rd or scrap the Aspire Nautilus altogether..

The 1st Aspire Nautilus I owned had to be replaced because it had slightly bent egg-shaped, hardly, but just enough to cause an issue securing the pieces together.. I don't ever sit ON my e-hookah, but I'll often keep it in my front jeans pocket, but that shouldn't be enough pressure to cause whatever metal material they're using to bend out of shape so easily..

okay, no big deal.. at this point i bought a new one, and shrugged it off to misfortune..

Now the one I'm using (2nd Nautilus) needs to be replaced bc the bottom piece doesn't secure to the top (it just keeps spinning and spinning and spinning)..

I know that it's only about 40 bucks after tax, but at this point, I've already spent over 80 bucks on this attachment.. I've heard so many rave reviews about it on the internet and on the vape forums, but I'm starting to lose faith..

In addition to these 2 problems, I find it very frustrating to deal with the "carb-hole" adjustment design.. Half the time it gets slightly shifted so that the hole isn't fully exposed so now I have to check it almost every time I take a puff to make sure the carb isn't blocked.. Also, I don't like varying sized hits.. I keep it on the biggest hole and leave it there..

One last thing that annoyed me, was that in addition to having to buy the full Aspire Nautilus system twice, I also had to replace the glass tank on it twice (now on my 3rd).. It's literally so fragile that if you drop it on any semi-hard surface, you're screwed..

I'm pretty careful most of the time, but let's be real.. we're all humans, we all get clumsy once in a while.. but just like with expensive smartphones that aren't meant to be dropped, they can still usually take a good beating before giving out..

The glass tanks were 8 bucks a pop, had to replace them on 2 separate occasions, and then after breaking the 2nd glass tank about a day later, I decided to say screw it, and just went with the Aspire-engraved solid metallic tank.. Which is pretty slick, but the problem is that you can't see the vape juice inside, which is problematic since you'll end up with a bunch of burnt vape hits bc the only way to check juice level is by unscrewing the entire thing (with the solid tank)..

Anyways.. figured I'd share my story since I came to this website as a vape noob, looking for advice/experience, so i'm sure there are others out there as well!

cheers!

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
That is some bad luck, I have knocked my full size Nautilus off my bathroom counter and it fell onto a tile floor, it bent the chimney but the glass was fine. To this day it is still a little crooked but vapes like it did when I first got it sorry you have had such a bad experience with it. Not really sure if I could give you any advice I have the full size/mini and they both work great but I don't use them often since I have moved onto another mod.

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
loved mine at first as well and then it also got deformed like you are talking about. I am also not super rough on things. But for me the issue was spending all kinds of money on coils. soaking in DW didn't work. Since I don't drink cheap vodka wasn't an option. Any really tasty bakery juices or the vanillas I love seemed to gunk it up in a couple of days tops. rebuilding the BDC coils hasn't produced very good results. I am sure some of that is operator error. Hell probably all of the problems are somewhat related to me. But my dripper doesn't do this :)

The new sub ohm atlantis still has piqued my interest. But i will wait 6 or 8 months after release to hear how they do. Walking around with something that puffs clouds in a tank is appealing to me. Yeah yeah yeah kayfun fogger kraken blah blah blah. I have my fogger dialed to hit damn good at 23 watts and it still leaves me wanting.

There is always the Lemo or the new Billow on eciggity.com to potentially try.

ProjektMayhem

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2014
Mooresville, NC, USA
loved mine at first as well and then it also got deformed like you are talking about. I am also not super rough on things. But for me the issue was spending all kinds of money on coils. soaking in DW didn't work. Since I don't drink cheap vodka wasn't an option. Any really tasty bakery juices or the vanillas I love seemed to gunk it up in a couple of days tops. rebuilding the BDC coils hasn't produced very good results. I am sure some of that is operator error. Hell probably all of the problems are somewhat related to me. But my dripper doesn't do this :)

The new sub ohm atlantis still has piqued my interest. But i will wait 6 or 8 months after release to hear how they do. Walking around with something that puffs clouds in a tank is appealing to me. Yeah yeah yeah kayfun fogger kraken blah blah blah. I have my fogger dialed to hit damn good at 23 watts and it still leaves me wanting.

There is always the Lemo or the new Billow on eciggity.com to potentially try.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck with the Aspire Nautilus. Personally when I used clearos I really liked my Aerotank v2. Had awesome vapor and flavor for a clearo. But speaking of the Aspire Atlantis I just saw a video from vapingwithtwisted420 and he has one that I guess Nautilus sent him and it blows some serious clouds. Maybe you should give that a try later this month when they start shipping.

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
Sorry to hear about your bad luck with the Aspire Nautilus. Personally when I used clearos I really liked my Aerotank v2. Had awesome vapor and flavor for a clearo. But speaking of the Aspire Atlantis I just saw a video from vapingwithtwisted420 and he has one that I guess Nautilus sent him and it blows some serious clouds. Maybe you should give that a try later this month when they start shipping.

just saw a vid from the suck my mod character. Pretty impressive. But i will wait and see how the coils hold up, same basic design as the current bvc many are having problems with, and much more expensive. Will be curious if someone can find out how to rebuild one.

And no worries my dripper hits like a freight train, and I just made a great custard!

Brettanomyces

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2014
Pacific Northwest
In addition to the solid metal tank one they have one that is glass with a thick metal mesh around it to protect the tank while still being able to see the juice level. From what I've heard the glass tank on the nautilus mini is less prone to breaking than on the full size Nautilus, they also have a metal tank for it with a small glass window but the window shape is rather phallic in nature.

I just got my Kayfun clone today and I'm not sure if I'll ever use my nautilus mini again, I just need to get a pyrex or quartz section for it so I don't run out of juice and burn the wick again like I did just a little bit ago.

Edit: Forgot to add that the air adjustment ring on the mini is TIGHT, I have to hold on to the base with my other hand or I twist the whole thing.

Last edited:

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
In addition to the solid metal tank one they have one that is glass with a thick metal mesh around it to protect the tank while still being able to see the juice level. From what I've heard the glass tank on the nautilus mini is less prone to breaking than on the full size Nautilus, they also have a metal tank for it with a small glass window but the window shape is rather phallic in nature.

I just got my Kayfun clone today and I'm not sure if I'll ever use my nautilus mini again, I just need to get a pyrex or quartz section for it so I don't run out of juice and burn the wick again like I did just a little bit ago.

Edit: Forgot to add that the air adjustment ring on the mini is TIGHT, I have to hold on to the base with my other hand or I twist the whole thing.

Just check with the quartz tank if the only thing holding the chimney onto the top is friction from o-rings.
My not apply to all models just something I read from a knowledgable person and something in the design they don't like.

Brettanomyces

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2014
Pacific Northwest
Just check with the quartz tank if the only thing holding the chimney onto the top is friction from o-rings.
My not apply to all models just something I read from a knowledgable person and something in the design they don't like.

Interesting, I thought that the quartz sections were threaded like the plastic section that comes with it. The only negatives I had heard was that they're fairly fragile.

royaldansk

Sep 30, 2014
New York

I've seen this one you're talking about.. The glass Aspire Nautilus tank with the metal mesh.. only problem is it is HIDEOUS!

now, I know vaping should be about looks or style.. but that thing is U-G-L-Y!

Coldrake

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
The beautiful Puget Sound
The 1st Aspire Nautilus I owned had to be replaced because it had slightly bent egg-shaped, hardly, but just enough to cause an issue securing the pieces together.. I don't ever sit ON my e-hookah, but I'll often keep it in my front jeans pocket, but that shouldn't be enough pressure to cause whatever metal material they're using to bend out of shape so easily..

okay, no big deal.. at this point i bought a new one, and shrugged it off to misfortune..

Now the one I'm using (2nd Nautilus) needs to be replaced bc the bottom piece doesn't secure to the top (it just keeps spinning and spinning and spinning)..
Are you sure they are authentic? It sounds like they may be clones.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I got the full size, loved it at first, but the bvc coils in it that the mini uses, was great for awhile, then suddenly started being very gurgly. I've made sure everything is tight, set the airflow at various places, made sure the atty is tight, nothing helps. Not sure what else to check. I did drop it from a counter to a cement floor, put a tiny ding on my mod, but didn't break the nautilus glass. I did get it for 22.00 and it only has one air hole not 4. They said it was genuine, not sure if it's a clone or an older model. I've already contacted where I bought it, and I'm going to send it back.

I do like the look of the mesh tank. Been vaping 2.5 yrs but have only recently heard this term, which part exactly is the chimney?

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
If it only has 1 air hole, it's definitely a clone.

The chimney is the long part of the top piece that that screws down over the coil.

Thanks, that's what I figured. So sad that people say genuine etc when it's not. Tried to give benefit of the doubt thinking perhaps it was an older type, but hadn't heard anyone talking about older versions with one air hole. I'll get my money back and not do business with them again. That's what I thought the chimney was, but wasn't sure.

Brettanomyces

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2014
Pacific Northwest
Thanks, that's what I figured. So sad that people say genuine etc when it's not. Tried to give benefit of the doubt thinking perhaps it was an older type, but hadn't heard anyone talking about older versions with one air hole. I'll get my money back and not do business with them again. That's what I thought the chimney was, but wasn't sure.

Aspire has a page on their website that has info on how to tell if a tank is fake, you should also have a scratch code on the package that you can enter on that page to verify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread